*SILSBEE vs. WOS Broadcast thread*/ WOS wins, 36-8

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was 4th down and 15 when roberts took off i think.i will say this ,silsbee was  very fast  the most speed the mustangs have seen this year.silsbee has super speed in there WRs but the QB just did not have that much time he stayed on the run most of the night.PS silsbee will be ok in the playoffs

[quote name="Gasilla" post="891569" timestamp="1288446770"]
Come on guys, it was a big game for both teams and emotions were running high. There was a little extra curricular activity going on from both sides. Both teams wanted this game bad.

As for the accusation of trying to run up the score. That is just flat out ridiculous. You don't run the score up by going for it on 4th and 1 on your own 45. Trying to run out the clock isn't running the score up. As said before, we didn't throw it deep. We were running a very basic offense. I guarantee, had we got it down around the goal line we would have killed the clock. [b]Some of you just look for s%&t to whine about... Geez![/b]
[/quote]
I agree with everything but the highlighted part. Unless it was for both teams.

It is football and I dont remember seeing Silsbee ever slowing down untill about 30 sec left on the clock.....  SubVarsity and up.  Do I agree with doing it.....no.  But for other reasons. Players get hurt.  You dont have to think to far back to remember that Silsbee has had a couple of players hurt this year at the verrrrrrrrrrry tail end of the game.......being up 25 points.

But on the other hand......its football.  You play for this year and the next.  Win or shut up and go home.   

[quote name="skipper" post="891581" timestamp="1288447686"]
it was [b]4th down and 15 when roberts took off [/b] i think.i will say this ,silsbee was  very fast  the most speed the mustangs have seen this year.silsbee has super speed in there WRs but the QB just did not have that much time he stayed on the run most of the night.PS silsbee will be ok in the playoffs
[/quote]

Is this where wos did a fake punt?

Good athletes yes. There were many on the field. Team wise the Tigers haven't been as impressive as was expexted so far. I remember someone stating in the WOS/Orangefield thread that you couldn't compoare the speed between WOS and Silsbee. I didn't see that much difference overall. The big difference seemed to be controlling the line of scrimmage. Now remember I didn't see the first half when all the scoring took place.

SILSBEE,has outstanding speed most i have seen this year.the tigers put presser on salter all night,but the little kid did a good job  most of the night from what i saw.the mustang team (MUST) do a better job on the OL to keep the corners off salter silsbee used ther team speed to press him all night.i feel sure the coaching staff at west orange stark will take a deep look  at the game taps and see if thay can fix this problem

[quote name="ST413" post="891639" timestamp="1288451890"]
Good athletes yes. There were many on the field. Team wise the Tigers haven't been as impressive as was expexted so far. I remember someone stating in the WOS/Orangefield thread that you couldn't compoare the speed between WOS and Silsbee. I didn't see that much difference overall. The big difference seemed to be controlling the line of scrimmage. Now remember I didn't see the first half when all the scoring took place.
[/quote]
There is no comparison. WO-S was the superior team last night. Good luck Tigers on finishing out the 2010-season.

I really had no problem with WOS going for it on 4th and 1 from their own 48 with just over 3 minutes left in the game. It's at midfield and all the Mustangs were trying to do was run out the clock. I can guarentee you WOS would have not scored by choice had they converted that 4th down.

The 2nd quarter was the ball game. Silsbee just could not stop the WOS running attack. Giving up 393 yards rushing on the night, over 500 yards total offense, will not win many games.

Congrats to the Mustangs on a very good win.

I think WOS is on the verge of a deep run in the playoffs.

[quote name="Kville99" post="891751" timestamp="1288458624"]
with WOS going division 2, they very likely could meet up with Kirbyville in the region final game.  I feel like Kirbyville might have the easier road there.  Talk about a game that will draw some attention. 
[/quote]

I wouldn't say Kirbyville has the easier road. They will probably face Coldspring in the regional semifinal, who gave Kirbyville a really good test in the first week of the season. Things could be different the next time around. ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="891763" timestamp="1288459318"]
[quote author=Kville99 link=topic=75191.msg891751#msg891751 date=1288458624]
with WOS going division 2, they very likely could meet up with Kirbyville in the region final game.  I feel like Kirbyville might have the easier road there.  Talk about a game that will draw some attention. 
[/quote]

I wouldn't say Kirbyville has the easier road. They will probably face Coldspring in the regional semifinal, who gave Kirbyville a really good test in the first week of the season. Things could be different the next time around. ;)
[/quote]

I'm sure both teams have improved since that game... ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="891729" timestamp="1288457011"]
I really had no problem with WOS going for it on 4th and 1 from their own 48 with just over 3 minutes left in the game. It's at midfield and all the Mustangs were trying to do was run out the clock. I can guarentee you WOS would have not scored by choice had they converted that 4th down.

The 2nd quarter was the ball game. Silsbee just could not stop the WOS running attack. Giving up 393 yards rushing on the night, over 500 yards total offense, will not win many games.

Congrats to the Mustangs on a very good win.

I think WOS is on the verge of a deep run in the playoffs.
[/quote]

Ah yes the voice of reason rings! I agree with you AAW.

[quote name="ST413" post="891565" timestamp="1288446506"]
Yes you are correct they didn't throw the ball. They didn't need to. We couldn't stop the run. But going for it on 4th at that time was going to far.
[/quote]

ST413, you weren't, by chance, late due to helping someone change a blow out were you?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn