POST SUBVARSITY SCORES HERE!

WOSgrad

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="890227" timestamp="1288367540"]
[quote author=Dayton Transplant link=topic=75171.msg890093#msg890093 date=1288353553]
Forget the smack for a minute. That freshman game was awesome. Crosby has two very good backs coming up and Dayton has a very good team. One of the best freshman games I have seen in a long time. Both teams played hard. High five to both teams. Lot of talent coming up for both teams. Should fuel the fire for several years to come. By the way, I know for fact there was no B team game as of Monday evening. Do not know why. Dayton had there B team on sidelines at this game ready to play so make your own conclusion.
[/quote]

They cancelled on Crosby but regardless, these are the types of comments that should exist more often +1
[/quote]heard from a coach that they cancelled the game due to grades and injurys.... the first day of the 2nd six weeks was
Oct. 4th.... the kids would regain eleg. by today the 29th... so they have been playing 3 weeks with grades...So this is not really a factor.... they could have had some injurys... some rumors were flying around that some kids were playing both games (the QB on B was starting Corner on A)... so maybe that might have to do something with it... they were already short... don't know....
As for the game... that was exciting to see.... Crosby did not have a really good game... lots of blow assignments... plays did not look right.... but still had the guts to come back and tie....  with a chance to win... ball was a little over thrown with wind.. kid layed out for it and just could not hang on in the endzone at the end of the game...with a win next week they are 19-4a dis champs..  has been a long time sence that has happened... just makes me look forward to watch them with more coaching... go Coogs

[quote name="hitman009" post="890275" timestamp="1288371879"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=75171.msg890227#msg890227 date=1288367540]
[quote author=Dayton Transplant link=topic=75171.msg890093#msg890093 date=1288353553]
Forget the smack for a minute. That freshman game was awesome. Crosby has two very good backs coming up and Dayton has a very good team. One of the best freshman games I have seen in a long time. Both teams played hard. High five to both teams. Lot of talent coming up for both teams. Should fuel the fire for several years to come. By the way, I know for fact there was no B team game as of Monday evening. Do not know why. Dayton had there B team on sidelines at this game ready to play so make your own conclusion.
[/quote]

They cancelled on Crosby but regardless, these are the types of comments that should exist more often +1
[/quote]heard from a coach that they cancelled the game due to grades and injurys.... the first day of the 2nd six weeks was
Oct. 4th.... the kids would regain eleg. by today the 29th... so they have been playing 3 weeks with grades...So this is not really a factor.... they could have had some injurys... some rumors were flying around that some kids were playing both games (the QB on B was starting Corner on A)... so maybe that might have to do something with it... they were already short... don't know....
As for the game... that was exciting to see.... Crosby did not have a really good game... [b]lots of blow assignments... plays did not look right.... [/b] but still had the guts to come back and tie....  with a win next week they are 19-4a dis champs..  has been a long time sence that has happened... just makes me look forward to watch them with more coaching... go Coogs
[/quote]

Congrats to that group of cougs!!

do you feel like the bolded part was the cougs being flat or did our kids have a part in it? I'm seriously asking.

not saying dayton has a bad team... they played their hearts out all night...
I talked with the coach and he said blocking was not right... to many pen.. that stoped drives. bad reads on both off and D.. especially by the Corners... they just did stuff that they normally don't due...
It could have been because they were intemadated by Dayton... don't know... I'm not a kid... but the kids were upset at the way they played...  either way the game is over and ended with a tie... just makes us look forward to the years to come..

Liberty JV 14 Cleveland Jv 8
Liberty Freshmen 22 Cleveland Freshmen 16

That puts the Panther JV at 7-2 and they Freshmen 7-2
The JV lost to Huffman and Splendora
The Freshmen lost to Porter and Cleveland
The JV and Freshmen have combined for the win against Hardin, Huntington, and Shepherd, and have not lost a game when combined.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    monebi
    Newest Member
    monebi