Best RB From Silsbee High School Ever

BADSANTA

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Spreadguy 7" post="887045" timestamp="1288023001"]
uhh....James Hunter  or William Graham  ,Poochie Arline should be on the list...
[/quote]

Even though Hunter and Graham were very good runningbacks, I classify them as defensive backs, since that is what they played in college and the NFL.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="887044" timestamp="1288022883"]
Ricky Price? What years did he play? Any stats on him. Detrice Spearman was good as well. Quincy Kelly??
[/quote]

Ricky Price played RB in the football seasons of '82 and '83. He had over 1,600 yards and 17 TD's his junior year and over 2,000 and 24 TD's his senior year.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="887073" timestamp="1288024821"]
[quote author=Spreadguy 7 link=topic=75022.msg887045#msg887045 date=1288023001]
uhh....James Hunter  or William Graham  ,Poochie Arline should be on the list...
[/quote]

Even though Hunter and Graham were very good runningbacks, I classify them as defensive backs, since that is what they played in college and the NFL.
[/quote]

the title was silsbee runningbacks....which they were....and very good....and I dont think Arline played college ball....still a great back though...

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="887193" timestamp="1288031248"]
Did he? Name was never in the trophy case at the school
[/quote]

Yes it was. But sadly, like some of the pictures and trophies that were in the case over at the old high school, his picture never made it over to the new high school trophy case. It is still a mystery as to what happened to those pictures and trophies, nobody seems to know. ::)

Add Derek Shelton to the list. Signed and started at SMU as a Freshman before losing job to NFL Hall of Famer Eric Dickerson and Craig James, both blue chip recruits during his Soph season. Transferred to Lamar and finished his playing career there. It was his 100 yd/meter dash record broken by Chris Barnes that had stood for awhile.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="887464" timestamp="1288048846"]
Best Backfield due was Doss, Dill, Airline 89-90
[/quote]

Nope.

I would put the trio of '77 QB Jasper Lewis and RB's William Graham and Poochie Arline and the '93 trio of QB Sedrick Spearman, RB's Jay McGuire and Stanley Rhone ahead of those three.

BTW BADSANTA, where's my $1000 bucks?

Aggiesarewe the Spearman, Mcguire, Rhone backfield was the best but I remember that Doss, Dill, Airline backfield having almost 3 1,000yd rushers. I will be at the World Series this week with my job, but I plan on on coming home to Silsbee to see my family the week Silsbee plays HF. We will discuss lol

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="887557" timestamp="1288054474"]
Does Silsbee have any good rbs in the lower grade levels? Haven't seen a true great back since Spearman and Mark Farr. Of course I didn't see the Tigers play for like 7 years.
[/quote]

Silsbee has a freshman QB and RB that IMO will start next year on varsity. The RB is another Spearman, Floyd Spearman. The QB could be another Jeremy Johnson. He is already '6"2 and plays like JJ.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="887614" timestamp="1288057240"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=75022.msg887557#msg887557 date=1288054474]
Does Silsbee have any good rbs in the lower grade levels? Haven't seen a true great back since Spearman and Mark Farr. Of course I didn't see the Tigers play for like 7 years.
[/quote]

Silsbee has a freshman QB and RB that IMO will start next year on varsity. The RB is another Spearman, Floyd Spearman. The QB could be another Jeremy Johnson. He is already '6"2 and plays like JJ.
[/quote]

Hmm is this one of that freshman bball team?  If so what are the chances he ends up on the varsity this year?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83