Huffman @ Coldsprings... Predictions?

[quote name="bh89-2" post="886307" timestamp="1287942015"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=74915.msg886280#msg886280 date=1287940663]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=74915.msg885310#msg885310 date=1287859817]
This could be the game of the week.  Coldsprings has one of the best, if not the best running back in the area.  Huffman's balanced and not to shabby either, especially their defense.  Gonna be a great game, for sure.

I bet WOS is saying, oh boy, here comes Huffman again!  ;D ;D
[/quote]

Why would WO-S be saying that?  The last time the two teams hooked up it struck midnight for Cinderella. Plus, Huffman will be the DI rep out of 22-3A and WO-S would go Division II.  It would be kind like you guys still worrying about Kirbyville...oh, did I say that?

Now back to the thread, I spoke to a friend of mine from Huffman and I told him Coldspring by 7.
[/quote]

I was all in to your thread until I realized it was all fiction.  Everyone knows you don't have any firnds..... ;D ;D ;D ;D Coldsprings by 13

I know someone from WOS did not bash Kirbyville.......nnot after the beatings they have put on WOS and everyone else.  At least BH took them to the wire.                                                           
[/quote]

No bashing of Kirbyville, they are as good as advertised. I'd love to see them play y'all.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HURP COLDSPRING IS FAST.

Yeah. They are. Know what they don't have? A MaxPreps ranked #23 QB in the nation from ANY division. I know many don't like MP, but stats are stats.

Facts are, Coldspring's secondary won't be able to sufficiently handle our passing game, and I worry very much so about their running game. Those calling out 20 point rolls are straight up silly.

Beechnut....here is some substance.  You are about to play one of the best CS teams I have seen in a very long time.  That is saying something because they are good every year.  "O" and "D" are solid.  Huffman has an exciting offence that is capable of big numbers. There is a lot of talent on that side of the ball.  But their def is not as good as CS, therefore CS wins

Beechnut is the poster formally known as etbu....... ;D

Coldspring/huffman will be a good game regardless who wins, both teams advance past the first round......CS will beat BC and huffman beats Silsbee...

Good luck Coach Barbay and Coach Mac, wishing everyone stays healthy for the playoffs

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="biggen" post="887594" timestamp="1288056544"]
Beechnut is the poster formally known as etbu....... ;D

Coldspring/huffman will be a good game regardless who wins, both teams advance past the first round......CS will beat BC and huffman beats Silsbee...

Good luck Coach Barbay and Coach Mac, wishing everyone stays healthy for the playoffs
[/quote]

Thanks for the history lesson Biggen but lets talk about the game. I watched one of the biggest comebacks in the history of  Coldspring football when they played Bellv. in a playoff game. I think CS was behind by a score of 31-3 at the half and came back to win behind the leadership of Archie Reese. SP They went on to loose that same year in the state championship game. One of the best games I ever seen played and was a really cold night at Moorehead. I forget what year but it was sometime ago.

Both offenses are very good CS at running and Huffman in the air but on the defensive side of they ball Coldspring is way better, I say Coldspring in a low scoring game...for Huffman  ;) 35-14 Coldspring, I can see Huffman's offense scoring some so maybe a little more but overall Coldspring has more speed, strength, and athleticism so if it does turn into a shootout Coldspring will win.

Best way to keep DeBerry off the field is by running the ball and w/ Huffman's "D", Coldspring will be running all night. Paint you are right though DeBerry is good, but what good is he if he is having to watch most of the game from the sidelines cause your "D" can't spot Coldspring "O". I have seen both teams play and Coldspring is just going to be too fast and physical for Huffman. Coldspring by 14.

[quote name="idk" post="887877" timestamp="1288095930"]
Best way to keep DeBerry off the field is by running the ball and w/ Huffman's "D", Coldspring will be running all night. Paint you are right though DeBerry is good, but what good is he if he is having to watch most of the game from the sidelines cause your "D" can't spot Coldspring "O". I have seen both teams play and Coldspring is just going to be too fast and physical for Huffman. Coldspring by 14.
[/quote]

Deberry is going to get plenty of chances. Coldspring is going to run the ball ALOT but not in long drives,  it will be in chunks of 50, 60, and 70+, against a very weak Huffman defense that will NOT have a answer for Coldsrping's potent running game.

[quote name="cat001" post="887995" timestamp="1288105526"]
[quote author=idk link=topic=74915.msg887877#msg887877 date=1288095930]
[/quote]

Deberry is going to get plenty of chances. Coldspring is going to run the ball ALOT but not in long drives,  it will be in chunks of 50, 60, and 70+, against a very weak Huffman defense that will NOT have a answer for Coldsrping's potent running game.
[/quote]

I don't have a rat in this race,but Coldspring was the toughest team Kirbyville has played this season and was the only team to hold us to 20 points..And that was the first game of the season...I know they are much improved by now.. ;)

I see everybody posting about how well Coldsprings is on the ground and how well huffman is in the air i havent seen anything else other than that. How is Coldsprings ball handling etc. Do they fumble a lot, when they do pass how many interceptions have been thrown?  Just because Huffmans "D" is weak and there "O" is great in the air what if both teams come in and its just not there best nights etc. i dont see it being a high scoring game on either side im going to say huffman by 1 TD. Until i hear anything about ball handling coldsprings side im going to stick to that.

Huffman - 21
Coldsprings - 14

Forthelove - Coldspring can throw the ball and the big Tightend (Shelly) can catch very well, so don't think it will be 99% run cause it won't. From the games I have seen Coldspring or Huffman doesn't turn the ball over very much. Also the games I have seen Huffman play they don't run the ball all that well, the "O" line for Huffman is going to have to come up big in this one, cause they have not seen a "D" line as fast, physical or as strong as what they are going to see on Friday night.

As far as the defensive point that are given up by both teams there really isn't another offense in this district (other than Coldspring or Huffman) that can really put points on the board. If you look at points given up as the guage then you should think that Shepherd would be the #3 team in district cause they scored the most points on both of these teams in district (so far) but they are 1-4 so that doesn't let you see the whole picture. Again I don't have a dog in this hunt not from either school but I call it like I see it. Coldspring will be too fast, physical and strong for Huffman. Sorry Huffman wish you all the luck in the world but just can't see it happening. Good Luck to both teams and go represent 22-3A well in the playoffs.

I don't know what games u went to but I do not think there is a game Huffman ran for less than 150 yards and they are averaging around 175 a game. So Huffman can run the ball if the choose to. Next Huffman D is givin up 14 points a game and coldspirng is givin up around 12 and for the exception of kirbyville the strength of schedules are similar. The Huffman D is very opertunistic they r probably not as big or fast as coldspring but they creat turnovers they have 20 pics this season and those come aginst teams that mostly run the ball. I do not think this game will a blowout I think it will probably be within 7 points with the slight edge to coldspirng.

[quote name="Steve Largent" post="888703" timestamp="1288187312"]
Huffman doesn't run the ball that well?

According to the Chron, Huffman is averaging 7.84 yards/carry and about 177 yards rushing/game.  Seems pretty good to me.
[/quote]

Yeah, but the turned me in to the UIl and I had to stop playing.......  ;D ;D

Again, I will stand by that Huffman doesn't run the ball that well (against a good defense). Please don't get too upset, I think Huffman is a good team but just not near as good as Coldspring (and to tell you the truth I hate to say that cause I really don't like Coldspring). All I am saying is that when Huffman had to go up against a good fast, physical and strong defense (K-Park) what happend? Coldspring lost to K-ville and that is it. So you really can't compare apple to oranges. Huffman is a good team but hasn't played anyone yet that is going to make me think they can play with Coldspring, K-ville ect. I hope that Huffman wins but can't see that happening.

Here are some numbers for both teams going in:

Huffman in district:
Huffman 56  Liberty 7  
Huffman 54 Tarkington 0
Huffman 48 Shepherd 21
Huffman 49 Splendora 10
Huffman 56 Cleveland 14

52 pts a game
10 pts allowed a game
avg. margin of victory: 42 pts

Coldsspring in district:
Coldspring 57 Tarkington 0
Coldspring 56 Shepherd 8
Coldspring 53 Splendora 10
Coldspring 48 Cleveland 8

53 pts a game
6 pts allowed a game
avg. margin of victory 47 pts

numbers say it will be a great game, but also say coldspring by 5............53-48

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83