NEDERLAND VS OZEN PREDICTIONS?

Guest Two-Dogs...
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="885068" timestamp="1287846029"]
With all that talent, I still don't understand how Ozen is losing this year, but they'll again find a way to lose... 38-21 Big Ned...
[/quote]

I agree Soulja! It really seems Ozen should be in the thick of things with all of the ability they have on their team. Watched them against PNG and it really seemed they got very disorganized when the pressure was on and they just needed to execute. Guess it really just comes down to being [b]disciplined![/b]

[quote name="Two-Dogs..." post="885101" timestamp="1287848375"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=74901.msg885068#msg885068 date=1287846029]
With all that talent, I still don't understand how Ozen is losing this year, but they'll again find a way to lose... 38-21 Big Ned...
[/quote]

I agree Soulja! It really seems Ozen should be in the thick of things with all of the ability they have on their team. Watched them against PNG and it really seemed they got very disorganized when the pressure was on and they just needed to execute. Guess it really just comes down to being [b]disciplined![/b]
[/quote] :D :D No comment to the last sentence..  ;D ;D

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="885115" timestamp="1287848930"]
[quote author=Two-Dogs... link=topic=74901.msg885101#msg885101 date=1287848375]
[/quote]

[/quote] :D :D No comment to the last sentence..   ;D ;D
[/quote]
C'mon Soulja, you KNEW that was coming! The PNG game was not a good yardstick for the Panthers as the refs were so terrible, it killed momentum for both teams. I do agree that Ozen has way too much talent to have an 0-fer district record. As bad as I hate to say it, it boils down to coaching. The parity in 20-4A has created a logjam behind Central. it is a shame that Ozen isn't in the middle of it.

[quote name="shovelhead" post="885156" timestamp="1287850838"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=74901.msg885115#msg885115 date=1287848930]
[quote author=Two-Dogs... link=topic=74901.msg885101#msg885101 date=1287848375]
[/quote]

[/quote] :D :D No comment to the last sentence..   ;D ;D
[/quote]
C'mon Soulja, you KNEW that was coming! The PNG game was not a good yardstick for the Panthers as the refs were so terrible, it killed momentum for both teams. I do agree that Ozen has way too much talent to have an 0-fer district record. As bad as I hate to say it, it boils down to coaching. The parity in 20-4A has created a logjam behind Central. it is a shame that Ozen isn't in the middle of it.
[/quote]

Now that is an honest statement :"refs were terrible and killed drives for both teams". Unlike Lumberton, they only see it one way and ,make excuses why they lose.

I have not said anything but I have been real skeptical about our coaching staff since last year. I know some PAM fans get on here and talk alot of trash but I know better. I know what kinda of talent we have and we have as much talent as anyone in the area, but the reason I dont get on here and talk trash is because I know what happens every big game. So I know what u are talkin about soulja, but I have not been a fan of this staff from the jump.

i hope ozen pulls this game off cause boy do they need it. i feel that if the panther play defense meaning flatline, twist the front, blitz, and play solid in coverage then they will be able to contain the bulldog 35-24 but if they dont bring their a game defensely then it will be the same results of the previous weeks a lose by the score of 42-28. forney is slow unleash the beast and get after the wilddog

[quote name="SASQUASH22" post="887152" timestamp="1288029018"]
[b]The Panthers have nothing to lose by going all out against Nederland[/b]. If they don't do some things differently in this contest to earn a victory. It will only clarify why Ozen is winless in 20 -4A !

Ozen - 35

Ned - 21
[/quote]

I wasn't aware that they were holding back.  ;D

I'll take my Dogs in another nail-biter.

Ok for all the folks that make predictions every week let's look at it so far. Livingston had too much speed and they would have 40 points by half time - didn't happen. Central again too much speed they were going to kill the Dogs - again didn't happen. The defense gets better every week, the young Dogs are growing up and baddog may have to give up his handle! The offense is starting to get their legs under them. They are starting to make things happen. When they needed a drive at the end of the game last week to close out the game the line opened a huge hole and Sonnier not being one to stand around and wait for a better offer took it 45 yards. It may not look pretty but the Dogs take this one.

[quote name="dawgnut" post="887512" timestamp="1288051847"]
Ok for all the folks that make predictions every week let's look at it so far. Livingston had too much speed and they would have 40 points by half time - didn't happen. Central again too much speed they were going to kill the Dogs - again didn't happen. The defense gets better every week, the young Dogs are growing up and baddog may have to give up his handle! The offense is starting to get their legs under them. They are starting to make things happen. When they needed a drive at the end of the game last week to close out the game the line opened a huge hole and Sonnier not being one to stand around and wait for a better offer took it 45 yards. It may not look pretty but the Dogs take this one.
[/quote]

Good post there dawgnut.

[quote name="dawgnut" post="887512" timestamp="1288051847"]
[b]Ok for all the folks that make predictions every week let's look at it so far. Livingston had too much speed and they would have 40 points by half time - didn't happen. Central again too much speed they were going to kill the Dogs - again didn't happen.[/b] The defense gets better every week, the young Dogs are growing up and baddog may have to give up his handle! The offense is starting to get their legs under them. They are starting to make things happen. When they needed a drive at the end of the game last week to close out the game the line opened a huge hole and Sonnier not being one to stand around and wait for a better offer took it 45 yards. It may not look pretty but the Dogs take this one.
[/quote]

That's one way to look at it.  Another way is to say that picking [b]against[/b] Nederland has been the right call 5 times this season and the wrong call only 3 times.  As for the defense getting better, it's hard to tell.  Nederland did hold Lumberton to only 17 points last week but LCM shutout Lumberton and even PNG held them to 14 points.  And I don't see anyone saying LCM and PNG have strong defenses this season.  Having said all this, I'm going with the Dogs 35 - 21.     

[quote name="baddog" post="887379" timestamp="1288044235"]
[quote author=SASQUASH22 link=topic=74901.msg887152#msg887152 date=1288029018]
[b]The Panthers have nothing to lose by going all out against Nederland[/b]. If they don't do some things differently in this contest to earn a victory. It will only clarify why Ozen is winless in 20 -4A !

Ozen - 35

Ned - 21
[/quote]

I wasn't aware that they were holding back.  ;D
[b]
I'll take my Dogs in another nail-biter.[/b]
[/quote]Agree, a no reason nail biter. How about blowing someone out. Lumberton look like a J.V. Team last week, looked like it was going to be a blowout, but we let them make a game of it. Nearing  the end of the season, we should be able to put 4 quarters together.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin