Todd Dodge out as North Texas coach

sfa87

sad thing is that they fired coach Darrell Dickey to hire Todd, Coach Dickey had won their conference championship 2 out of the last 4 years he was there, he had a heart attack his last year there and they had a losing record so they promptly let him go to hire Coach Dodge who was wanting to jump to the college ranks, I feel for the players but not the university, I think they got what they deserve, Coach Dickey is a good coach, and an even better man, that comes from a family of football coaches. Best of luck to North Texas.

Coach Dodd got himself into a tough situation and it never worked out for him at North Texas. The High School to College transition is always a difficult task. I agree there will be a lot of Texas High Schools ringing his phone off the hook between now and Christmas.

He is a proven winner at that level,whoever gets him their Football program will be immediately elevated to first class and potential State Champs. I wish him well !

He said that he would either like to be an assistant at the college level or go back to high school again in Texas.  I think PAM should think about him if they aren't happy with their current coach?  Maybe they are, I do not know since I don't live in the area anymore....how long has he been there?

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="882783" timestamp="1287689993"]
I heard Barbers Hill was going to try to buy him so they could have a back up for when the parents get mad at Gage.
[/quote]

Rumor is he stepped down so that he could move to Mont Belvieu, Texas. He heard that the Hill was for Real and he wanted to check it out. He also heard that BH wants to hire coaches who have won state championships in the past no matter how many D-1 kids were on the team. He also would bring something entirely new to The Hill called the spread offense. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="90PNGNDN" post="882887" timestamp="1287698433"]
He said that he would either like to be an assistant at the college level or go back to high school again in Texas.  I think PAM should think about him if they aren't happy with their current coach?  Maybe they are, I do not know since I don't live in the area anymore....how long has he been there?
[/quote]um, he's not gonna go to MHS period.  8)  we're fine.

[quote name="fanofthegame7" post="882911" timestamp="1287702382"]
Somebody find his combined high school record before he got to SLC......I didnt think it was that good....
[/quote]
1994 Cameron Yoe    3 - 7
1995 Cameron Yoe    5 - 5
1996 Carrollton Newman Smith  4 - 6
1997 Carrollton Newman Smith 5 -5
1998 Keller Fossil Ridge  2 - 7
1999 Keller Fossil Ridge 5  - 5

[quote name="hookem14" post="883109" timestamp="1287714502"]
[quote author=fanofthegame7 link=topic=74770.msg882911#msg882911 date=1287702382]
Somebody find his combined high school record before he got to SLC......I didnt think it was that good....
[/quote]
1994 Cameron Yoe    3 - 7
1995 Cameron Yoe    5 - 5
1996 Carrollton Newman Smith   4 - 6
1997 Carrollton Newman Smith 5 -5
1998 Keller Fossil Ridge   2 - 7
1999 Keller Fossil Ridge 5  - 5
[/quote]well..... :o

[quote name="Frustrated Bruin Fan" post="883166" timestamp="1287717250"]
[quote author=Cowboys link=topic=74770.msg882675#msg882675 date=1287681500]
I guess 5A schools around the state will be chomping at the bit to let their coaches go so they can pick up Dodge.
[/quote]I could personally think of one school that would love to have him.
[/quote]it wont happened, seriously. I know what you thinking. That school has a good thing going IMO.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami