Nederland vs. Beaumont Central Game Thread/Jags Come Back And Win!!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="Court_Jester" post="876962" timestamp="1287242739"]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=74502.msg876569#msg876569 date=1287201221]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=74502.msg876568#msg876568 date=1287201159]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=74502.msg876559#msg876559 date=1287200939]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=74502.msg876508#msg876508 date=1287200113]
all i got to say is watch out jags ....you still have PN-G to play...you did not impress me tonight what so ever....if anything yall showed yall can be beat this year ;)
[/quote]

You make some of the dumbest comments!!!!!
[/quote]

[u][b]explain why that is a dumb comment[/b][/u]

[/quote]

[u][b]maybe...cause i am a true INDIAN fan[/b][/u]
[/quote]

You answered your own question.
[/quote]

I want to apologize for the comment i made bout Central...they are the top team in 20-4a without a doubt...i had a few to many to drink last night....Good Luck to all 20-4a teams!!!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="baseballsportsfan" post="877132" timestamp="1287254321"]
Has anyone heard what happen to the central player that had to be taken out in ambulance last night and how he is doing
[/quote]Word is he took a blow to the throat. i pray that this kid recovers from what ever the injury was.

[quote name="bcjag10" post="877166" timestamp="1287257850"]
[quote author=baseballsportsfan link=topic=74502.msg877132#msg877132 date=1287254321]
Has anyone heard what happen to the central player that had to be taken out in ambulance last night and how he is doing
[/quote]Word is he took a blow to the throat. i pray that this kid recovers from what ever the injury was.
[/quote]

I hope the kid is OK....keep us updated.

[quote name="PNGFan" post="877040" timestamp="1287247927"]
I was at the game lastnight and both teams left it all on the field.  D3zii, Central is a good team and when we meet the last game we'll have our hands full. We have a tough schedule ahead.
[/quote]

No we did'nt P.N.G fan, Ive seen us play better..Nothing aginst Ned but we did not play worth alot in this game..Yea  we won, only by the grace of God..
But O we'll a win is a win. We have Vidor next week so, We have a chance to get better

[quote name="Brubaker" post="877008" timestamp="1287245962"]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=74502.msg876973#msg876973 date=1287243752]
[quote author=ndn2016 link=topic=74502.msg876756#msg876756 date=1287206584]
whatever you call it, I like it if I'm pulling for Ned. One other observation. I thought that the Central players who were involved in the Homecoming activities at half time may have had some distractions or maybe disadvantages by not being in the field house to hear all of the half time adjustments, etc.
[/quote]
That's the dumbest specticle I've seen in 30 years of watching/playing football.  There would be no way in heck I'd have anybody from the team participating in homecoming.  I was saying that the whole second half, Central would lose based on that and a big fat F for the stupid play calling in the 2nd half....
[/quote]

You know a lot of footbal SFA and usually have pretty insightful comments on the game itself.  Realizing that what you're saying about the playcalling and halftime festivities is on target... give me something about the game?  What did you see from the kids on the field who battled it out?  Give us your game notes... and we've already got your thoughts on the playcalling.  You don't have to defend your prediction that the game would be more like the 63-0 arse whippin, hey based on the previous games from both teams, that may have been a reasonable thought on your part... but now you've seen both teams, give us the real scoop.
[/quote]

Whenever Central ran the ball between the tackles, they were more consistant.  #15 showed signs of wearing down so they should've stuck with #21.  Everytime Central tries to be cute on offense, the struggle.  Nederland is 2-5 for a reason and it's their inablitily to stop the run going on 8 seasons......

[quote name="SFA85" post="877386" timestamp="1287269339"]
[quote author=Brubaker link=topic=74502.msg877008#msg877008 date=1287245962]
whatever you call it, I like it if I'm pulling for Ned. One other observation. I thought that the Central players who were involved in the Homecoming activities at half time may have had some distractions or maybe disadvantages by not being in the field house to hear all of the half time adjustments, etc.
[/quote]
That's the dumbest specticle I've seen in 30 years of watching/playing football.  There would be no way in heck I'd have anybody from the team participating in homecoming.  I was saying that the whole second half, Central would lose based on that and a big fat F for the stupid play calling in the 2nd half....
[/quote]

You know a lot of footbal SFA and usually have pretty insightful comments on the game itself.  Realizing that what you're saying about the playcalling and halftime festivities is on target... give me something about the game?  What did you see from the kids on the field who battled it out?  Give us your game notes... and we've already got your thoughts on the playcalling.  You don't have to defend your prediction that the game would be more like the 63-0 arse whippin, hey based on the previous games from both teams, that may have been a reasonable thought on your part... but now you've seen both teams, give us the real scoop.
[/quote]

Whenever Central ran the ball between the tackles, they were more consistant.  #15 showed signs of wearing down so they should've stuck with #21.  Everytime Central tries to be cute on offense, the struggle.  [b]Nederland is 2-5 for a reason and it's their inablitily to stop the run going on 8 seasons......[/b]

[/quote]

Is that you Smitty???

[quote name="SFA85" post="877386" timestamp="1287269339"]
[quote author=Brubaker link=topic=74502.msg877008#msg877008 date=1287245962]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Whenever Central ran the ball between the tackles, they were more consistant.  #15 showed signs of wearing down so they should've stuck with #21.  Everytime Central tries to be cute on offense, the struggle.  Nederland is 2-5 for a reason and it's their inablitily to stop the run going on 8 seasons......
[/quote]

You are wrong, we can stop the run. We have trouble not giving up the the big play

I can only wonder why we gave up on the wildcat. Central couldn't stop it and all we needed was one more first down...then take a knee.

We didn't play well either in the first half. We played about one minute of good football and scored.

All I can say is what a game. This is one of those games that someone has to lose. Unfortunately, it was us. We fought the top team in district tooth and nail all the way to the end. We should have won, but it just wasn't meant to be. Hats off to Central for that final drive and that amazing catch at the one.

[quote name="baddog" post="877507" timestamp="1287274044"]
I can only wonder why we gave up on the wildcat. Central couldn't stop it and all we needed was one more first down...then take a knee.

We didn't play well either in the first half. We played about one minute of good football and scored.

All I can say is what a game. This is one of those games that someone has to lose. Unfortunately, it was us. We fought the top team in district tooth and nail all the way to the end. We should have won, but it just wasn't meant to be. Hats off to Central for that final drive and [b]that amazing catch at the one.[/b]
[/quote]That was an amazing one.  I wanted to see it on replay, but they didn't show it...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="878059" timestamp="1287293665"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=74502.msg877507#msg877507 date=1287274044]

All I can say is what a game. This is one of those games that someone has to lose. Unfortunately, it was us. We fought the top team in district tooth and nail all the way to the end. We should have won, but it just wasn't meant to be. Hats off to Central for that final drive and [b]that amazing catch at the one.[/b]
[/quote]That was an amazing one.  I wanted to see it on replay, but they didn't show it...
[/quote]5 saw a lot of good catches by these jags Friday bight. It was good to see too. When was the last time central spread the ball that well in the air? #11 #19 #15 #9..... The young gun and his receivers did well. I give em an A.

[quote name="SFA85" post="877496" timestamp="1287273558"]
Yeah okay Bulldog 8.  On the goaline, Ned batted .500.  Stopped the first attempt, gave up the winning score on the second....
[/quote]

You said we are 2-5 because we cannot stop the run, which you wrong. We are 2-5 because we give up big plays (and injuries). You are correct to say we could not stop a running play from 2, because it happen.

[quote name="bcjag10" post="878167" timestamp="1287326504"]
Oh yea, and #9 for Nederland and LCM looks like the same player :D Those kids are equally good. I'm thinking it's the same kid :D :D
[/quote]No.  #9 from LC-M is better IMO.  But #9 for Ned isn't a slouch.  He hould have gotten more touches...

[quote name="Bulldog8" post="878185" timestamp="1287327939"]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=74502.msg877496#msg877496 date=1287273558]
Yeah okay Bulldog 8.  On the goaline, Ned batted .500.  Stopped the first attempt, gave up the winning score on the second....
[/quote]

You said we are 2-5 because we cannot stop the run, which you wrong. We are 2-5 because we give up big plays (and injuries). You are correct to say we could not stop a running play from 2, because it happen.
[/quote]
Nederland cannot consistantly stop the run.  Whether it's a 30 yard big play or runs of 5 yards during a drive, Nederland cannot, have not, stopped the run on a consistant basis.  2-5 teams don't lead the district in rushing defense.  More often, they are at the bottom statistically speaking....

[quote name="SFA85" post="878269" timestamp="1287333358"]
[quote author=Bulldog8 link=topic=74502.msg878185#msg878185 date=1287327939]
Yeah okay Bulldog 8.  On the goaline, Ned batted .500.  Stopped the first attempt, gave up the winning score on the second....
[/quote]

[/quote]
Nederland cannot consistantly stop the run.  Whether it's a 30 yard big play or runs of 5 yards during a drive, Nederland cannot, have not, stopped the run on a consistant basis.  2-5 teams don't lead the district in rushing defense.  More often, they are at the bottom statistically speaking....
[/quote]

How many times did Central punt? How many turnovers?

[quote name="Bulldog8" post="878340" timestamp="1287337706"]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=74502.msg878269#msg878269 date=1287333358]
Yeah okay Bulldog 8.  On the goaline, Ned batted .500.  Stopped the first attempt, gave up the winning score on the second....
[/quote]

[/quote]
Nederland cannot consistantly stop the run.  Whether it's a 30 yard big play or runs of 5 yards during a drive, Nederland cannot, have not, stopped the run on a consistant basis.  2-5 teams don't lead the district in rushing defense.  More often, they are at the bottom statistically speaking....
[/quote]

[/quote]4 punts

[quote name="WBbear" post="878348" timestamp="1287338044"]
[quote author=Bulldog8 link=topic=74502.msg878340#msg878340 date=1287337706]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=74502.msg878269#msg878269 date=1287333358]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]4 punts
[/quote]That's why I was impressed with the win Friday

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• The locals have almost finished firing the first ever Speaker of the House from Southeast Texas upon direct order of Trump and his minions.   It's a sad day... Locals have decided that being represented by the most powerful man in the House didn't mean anything.... they'd rather a political novice to represent this part of SETX.  And why is that?  He wasn't MAGA enough for them.  Who cares that it will hurt locally... What Trump says, goes.     Just yesterday I saw Trump on television demanding that we fire Phelan... How he's a RINO, weak on the border, etc... why?  Because he wouldn't overlook the criminal actions done by Ken Paxton, one of Trump's key supporters in the effort to overturn the 2020 Election and allow Trump to remain in office despite the will of the voters.   Trump never even mentioned Covey's name, and I doubt he would recognize Covey if Covey walked up with a cup of coffee.  Who cares that it's bad for SETX?  Not the R voters from SETX!   Then I saw Covey's preacher on a different ad tell a bald face lie.  Why should Phelan be fired?  "He put Democrats in positions of power in the House."  Really?  That's been the position of BOTH parties for as long as anybody can remember.  They ALWAYS give the minority party committee chairmanships.  But in 2022 the Rs decided that the practice should stop.  Democrat voters should not be allowed a voice in the crafting of legislation if there is a single majority Republican seat in the House, according to the Rs.  Representative Government?  Never heard of it, huh? Never did I believe that we'd have an abortion ban, constitutional carry, huge cuts for school property taxes, and Texas law enforcement being greenlit to enforce immigration law.  But it all happened while Phelan was speaker.  Without a doubt, the most conservative Speaker, ever.  But still a dirty RINO for not being MAGA enough.  It would be funny if it weren't true.   I've been following politics long enough to remember when Rs couldn't get elected in Texas... I'm confident that we're headed back that direction.  I mean, it's obvious that with population shifts we'll be turning blue eventually.  I think that the behavior of the leadership of the Republican Party is going to cause that shift sooner than expected.  I won't be surprised to see Democrat Senators and possibly even a governor elected within 12 years.  Maybe less.  The Rs will be a party apparatus without a voting base behind them.
    • Yellowjacket faithful are still pouring into Hudson HS’s Gipson Field!!!!  
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
    • The game will be live streamed for those that have Game Changer under the Chester team thread.  I believe the radio station out of Palestine will have radio broadcast.
    • For those John Candy lovers (my attitude right now): This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
  • Topics