Nederland vs. Beaumont Central Game Thread/Jags Come Back And Win!!!

WOSgrad

This game proved a lot about this Jag team all those turnovers and we still managed to find a way to win. Hats off to this Nederland team.  They fought all the way through. Even when it look like we had momentum, they hung in there.  #9 for Big Ned was nice.  I think he would have gotten way more touches...

Jags shyed away from Heard after the fumble but I like the way we still had faith in him later in the game. Our Young QB fumbled the ball and threw that INT while pinned by our end zone.  A definite No No, Young fella. But he didn't get rattled and fought on.  And for the PN-G fan that stated that all we have is Heard, that's so inaccurate...  We had many players that did well tonight.  You also stated that we didn't impres you. Well, it don't matter. It's about wining.  And we beat the team that beat you... I look for us to take better care of the ball in the future.  I just hope my Jags quit putting me through these emotional highs and lows.   :D :D  We needed this win ever so badly, and we took it.  Now, these games are not going to be easy.  We learned that tonight.  I hope our injured players can heal up and that it's not serious.  Great game.

BTW, where was Nederland's fan support?  There were a lot of seats missing over there.  

Offense - B- (too many turnovers
Defense - B (seemed too confused on the Wildcat offense and you try to tackle a 6'5" 230 lbs kid without wrapping up)
Special teams - A (could have done better allowing that blocked kick, but you did block a couple of your own)
Swagger - C (your supposed to act like your better than your opponent. You allowed them to feel like they could beat you... Got their fans all fired up and stuff)

Up next..  Vidor...

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ndn2016" post="876729" timestamp="1287205583"]
soulja, # 9 wore out PNG with that wildcat and I never saw it til the 2nd half.  And if my less than perfect memory serves me right. every time than ran it tonight except for once #9 ran for 5+ yards.
[/quote]Very true. It was working to perfection.  Later in the game, we slowed it down a little but never truly stopped it. I don't know why Ned went away from it...

whatever you call it, I like it if I'm pulling for Ned. One other observation. I thought that the Central players who were involved in the Homecoming activities at half time may have had some distractions or maybe disadvantages by not being in the field house to hear all of the half time adjustments, etc.

[quote name="ndn2016" post="876756" timestamp="1287206584"]
whatever you call it, I like it if I'm pulling for Ned. One other observation. I thought that the Central players who were involved in the Homecoming activities at half time may have had some distractions or maybe disadvantages by not being in the field house to hear all of the half time adjustments, etc.
[/quote]That may be true.  Most of those players were key starters, including the QB...

The Dogs played good enough to win tonight. Hats off to the jags for overcoming the turnovers and pulling out the W. I cant say enough about the Dogs defense tonight staying on the field most of the game and keeping us in the game. 5 sophs and 5 juniors on the D, we will be around for a while. Hats off to the sophmore QB for central, He showed alot of poise and came back slingin the ball after the late INT. As for the guy who said Heard is all Central has, well he is a clown. This is two weeks in a row the Dogs defense has stepped up to the plate but the team came up short. As for all the predictions of a jag blowout, well that just didnt happen. Good game played by both teams.

BTW......You know what they say about the prevent defense.....It prevents you from winning.

Man, I have to say the Dogs are good. I just can't say nothing bad about either team last night. My jags made too many mistakes. Nederland showed they had fire every time and took advantage of our mistakes. All of the Nederland fans have every reason in the world to be proud of your team. those kids are gamers. A lesson learned for our kids, and they found a way to win. They (Jags) passed the test.

Nederland have a better chance as any other team to make the playoffs. Wow that's it for my noise talking, Nederland has really humbled my spirit ;D. Great game Dogs, be proud.

Now as for my Jags, we can thank our 20 4a family for preparing us for the road to come. All that ''20 4a is weak,'' I think differently. We were tested three weeks in a row. This can do nothing but make all four teams that do advance to the playoffs, ready for the challenge. But my Jags have to work out those mental and Physical mistakes we made last night. I'm proud you found ways to keep it close enough to win it, but that was too many mistakes. It totally lines up with what i said in a pass Central vs Nederland thread. Mistakes are a part of the game. Your opponent plays a part in your mistakes. You are not playing yourself. I hate the term, we beat ourselves. Nederland proved that. We could've been beaten easily last night.

Go Dogs, you have this Jag's respect ;)

[quote name="WBbear" post="876894" timestamp="1287237032"]
I was at the game last night and Nederland is definitely a playoff calber team. Great win for the Jags and a tough lost for the Dogs. Nederland I hope you guys enjoyed " The Butch".
[/quote]

The Butch is very Nice.....really something to be proud of.

The Butch is a first class facility, even though we kid you about the name.... It really is something to be proud of, heard alot of Ned fans saying the same thing last nite. Hats off to the Jags for beating my Dogs. Ill say this again..... We are young, green and growing. Never felt like we were out of the game and, really like our chances the rest of the year.

[quote name="indianforever" post="876569" timestamp="1287201221"]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=74502.msg876568#msg876568 date=1287201159]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=74502.msg876559#msg876559 date=1287200939]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=74502.msg876508#msg876508 date=1287200113]
all i got to say is watch out jags ....you still have PN-G to play...you did not impress me tonight what so ever....if anything yall showed yall can be beat this year ;)
[/quote]

You make some of the dumbest comments!!!!!
[/quote]

[u][b]explain why that is a dumb comment[/b][/u]
[/quote]

[u][b]maybe...cause i am a true INDIAN fan[/b][/u]
[/quote]

You answered your own question.

[quote name="Court_Jester" post="876963" timestamp="1287242906"]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=74502.msg876508#msg876508 date=1287200113]
all i got to say is watch out jags ....you still have PN-G to play...you did not impress me tonight what so ever....if anything yall showed yall can be beat this year ;)
[/quote]

All I know is they're now 4-0 (district).  PNG is ?
[/quote] :o :o Ouch!

[quote name="ndn2016" post="876756" timestamp="1287206584"]
[/quote]
That's the dumbest specticle I've seen in 30 years of watching/playing football.  There would be no way in hell I'd have anybody from the team participating in homecoming.  I was saying that the whole second half, Central would lose based on that and a big fat F for the stupid play calling in the 2nd half....

Guest Brubaker
[quote name="SFA85" post="876973" timestamp="1287243752"]
[quote author=ndn2016 link=topic=74502.msg876756#msg876756 date=1287206584]
[/quote]
That's the dumbest specticle I've seen in 30 years of watching/playing football.  There would be no way in heck I'd have anybody from the team participating in homecoming.  I was saying that the whole second half, Central would lose based on that and a big fat F for the stupid play calling in the 2nd half....
[/quote]

You know a lot of footbal SFA and usually have pretty insightful comments on the game itself.  Realizing that what you're saying about the playcalling and halftime festivities is on target... give me something about the game?  What did you see from the kids on the field who battled it out?  Give us your game notes... and we've already got your thoughts on the playcalling.  You don't have to defend your prediction that the game would be more like the 63-0 arse whippin, hey based on the previous games from both teams, that may have been a reasonable thought on your part... but now you've seen both teams, give us the real scoop.

Im sure the Jags lost alot of respect from alot of people..But O'well you cant please everone a win is a win..Defense You guys really did better this week, ecspecialy the Secondary..I know offense didnt really help alot, giveing Ned the ball inside the 10 3 times, but In order to make it deep you guys are gone to have to stop some of thoes drives. SFA called it, I believe we played down insted of playing up and getting better.Turnovers,Penaltys, and confusion on both sides of the ball, usauly when you play like that its an L, but maybe we pretty good. But no matter how good we are, if we're planing on going deep, We cant play like that..GG Dogs, now go make the playoffs

P.S. for the P.N.G fan who said Heard is our only offense..If I remeber correctly we scored 4 times and Heard was only on 1 right?..

[quote name="PNGFan" post="877040" timestamp="1287247927"]
I was at the game lastnight and both teams left it all on the field.  D3zii, Central is a good team and when we meet the last game we'll have our hands full. We have a tough schedule ahead.
[/quote]True PNGFan, and we'll have ours full too.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder