Nederland @ Central predictions??

D3zii

Couldn't make this one.

[quote name="Roughrider" post="872058" timestamp="1286806631"]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=74224.msg872045#msg872045 date=1286806242]
Yes, the kids played good on defense.  We have the kids that can play good "D" but...
It's a shame we lost this one.

[quote author=Bulldog8 link=topic=74224.msg871388#msg871388 date=1286741428]
WHERES SMITYY!!!

Defense played great, and if you take away the first play for 83 yrds, the defense would have kept livingston under 200 yards.

Total Defense was 250
Lets hear it SMITTY
[/quote]
[/quote]Did you go to the game smitty?
[/quote]

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="872070" timestamp="1286807177"]
[quote author=surfer73 link=topic=74224.msg872068#msg872068 date=1286807101]
If Nederland has the spark that they had against us, Then Nederland by 7, But I also said the same thing with Livingston ! IDK ! Got to go with the odds and say Central by 14.
[/quote]

PNG, what makes how they played against your team the measuring stick?
[/quote]I am sorry, What measuring stick should I use ?  :-*

[quote name="smitty" post="872155" timestamp="1286812711"]
Couldn't make this one.

[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=74224.msg872058#msg872058 date=1286806631]
Yes, the kids played good on defense.  We have the kids that can play good "D" but...

WHERES SMITYY!!!

Defense played great, and if you take away the first play for 83 yrds, the defense would have kept livingston under 200 yards.

Total Defense was 250
Lets hear it SMITTY
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Well the kids did play their butts off and the game plan was good as well. I just think you should give some credit where it is due.

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="872060" timestamp="1286806684"]
And if you gave Vidor 325 rushing yards what do you think you will give the Jags?

[/quote]

Man my Pirates get hammered on threads that dont even involve us. I see it every week.  At least wait until you play us before you start killing us on how weak a team we are.  :-\

[quote name="smitty" post="872155" timestamp="1286812711"]
Couldn't make this one.

WHERES SMITYY!!!

Total Defense was 250
Lets hear it SMITTY
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Thats a cop out smitty. You can read the paper (maybe not). You are a big stat guy, right? Give some credit.

I think I did say the kids played good on "D".  We have always have good kids.  I think they have the ability to do this every week.  But...

[quote name="Bulldog8" post="872275" timestamp="1286819308"]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=74224.msg872155#msg872155 date=1286812711]
Couldn't make this one.

WHERES SMITYY!!!

Total Defense was 250
Lets hear it SMITTY
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Thats a cop out smitty. You can read the paper (maybe not). You are a big stat guy, right? Give some credit.
[/quote]

Bru, your always good for a personal attack or two!  LOL!!!    ::) 

[quote name="Brubaker" post="872261" timestamp="1286818736"]
That is the essence of being a CRITIC with an AGENDA.  When the facts don't support your arguement, you hear crickets.
[/quote]

[quote name="smitty" post="872337" timestamp="1286824067"]
Bru, your always good for a personal attack or two!   LOL!!!    ::)   

[quote author=Brubaker link=topic=74224.msg872261#msg872261 date=1286818736]
That is the essence of being a CRITIC with an AGENDA.  When the facts don't support your arguement, you hear crickets.
[/quote]
[/quote]

I think SMITTY has a loss of words... cant argue with numbers ::)

Smitty:
You are splitting hairs when you say the kids played well, BUT...
Finish your thought[size=10pt][/size].

You can't have it both ways.  It's pretty disingenuous to blame the DC when the results / stats aren't to your liking and only give credit to the kids when you approve.  That is why everyone (rightly, I think) feels that this is personal with you

I have been totally consistent with this.  I NEVER blame the kids.  When we give up 400-500 yards, I know where the problem is.  But when you think the DC is the best thing since slice bread, then you obviously are blaming the kids.  And to say no one is at fault is being a little disingenuous on your -- and others -- part.  You may be right, he may have had a good game plan, but like I've been saying, I've watched this go on for many years.  One or two games does not make a season.  Let's see what happens this Friday.  I actually hope we shut Central out.  But, if Central has 40 points and 500 yards, who are YOU -- AND OTHERS -- gonna blame????  

[quote name="ispeakjive" post="872395" timestamp="1286828294"]
Smitty:
You are splitting hairs when you say the kids played well, BUT...
Finish your thought[size=10pt][/size].

You can't have it both ways.  It's pretty disingenuous to blame the DC when the results / stats aren't to your liking and only give credit to the kids when you approve.  That is why everyone (rightly, I think) feels that this is personal with you
[/quote]

Hey, what's up Lil Hitler?   LOL!!!!    ;D   ;)
PS - When did you get your promotion to forum sheriff????    HA!!!!!!!     ::)    :D     ;D

[quote name="baddog" post="872446" timestamp="1286831588"]

18 ) The bashing of any particular coach, player, referee, etc will not be tolerated. This includes issues involving their personal lives, coaching/playing style or performance, past experiences, etc.

[/quote]

Its alot of things we still need to work on though..Our Secondary really has to get better..#10 from LCM did pass for about 350..Although I dont blame it all on them, cause they did good, Lcm just adjusted better after halftime..But one thing We have gotten better at is our O-Line. They have improved so much over these 6 games, Its a thing of beauty to see them work..We're getting their though, Like I said before the season, I believe this team has all the right tools to go farther then 08, But we have to improve the little things 1st.

[quote name="smitty" post="872453" timestamp="1286831718"]
Hey, what's up Lil Hitler?   LOL!!!!    ;D   ;)
PS - When did you get your promotion to forum sheriff????    HA!!!!!!!     ::)    :D     ;D

[quote author=baddog link=topic=74224.msg872446#msg872446 date=1286831588]

18 ) The bashing of any particular coach, player, referee, etc will not be tolerated. This includes issues involving their personal lives, coaching/playing style or performance, past experiences, etc.

[/quote]
[/quote]

You would not have survived Hitler. Why don't you give it a rest?

[quote name="D3zii" post="872474" timestamp="1286833462"]
Its alot of things we still need to work on though..Our Secondary really has to get better..#10 from LCM did pass for about 350..Although I dont blame it all on them, cause they did good, Lcm just adjusted better after halftime..But one thing We have gotten better at is our O-Line. They have improved so much over these 6 games, Its a thing of beauty to see them work..We're getting their though, Like I said before the season, I believe this team has all the right tools to go farther then 08, But we have to improve the little things 1st.
[/quote]Oooh.  We possibly can have a better offense than the '08 team, but we have to improve dramatically to compete with that defense...

SMITTY - You sound like a politician and spinning everything now that the D stepped and played a great game. Nobody ever said that the kids did not try. Some of the post mention that we have numerous sophmores starting or playing on the defense ( i think is 6 or 7 started). All of them will get better each game by gaining valuable experience. Remember every sophmore out there were playing freshman games last year.

Nederland is down an Olineman.  I just hope Central doesn't play down to the competition being Nederland is 2-5.  I'm leaning more toward a 42-7 type butt whippin' simular to that 63-0 arse handing of a couple of seasons back......

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="872497" timestamp="1286834616"]
[quote author=D3zii link=topic=74224.msg872474#msg872474 date=1286833462]
[/quote]Oooh.  We possibly can have a better offense than the '08 team, but we have to improve dramatically to compete with that defense...
[/quote]

Men, Our Defense is good, They show it every game..They showed it the 2weeks in a row with Ball and Ozen, then the 2nd half aginst livingston and 1st half aginst L.C.M...just seems to me it looks like their thinking to much sometime..But Yea, that 08 Defense was on point..But we still got 4 more games to get our D to where they need to be come playoff time..

Smitty:
You truly are pathetic.  You bash one coach week after week and when his unit plays well, you say nothing and then insinuate that anyone calling you out is bashing or blaming the kids. 

It is not bashing any particular group of kids to say that talent levels are cyclical and that all of the coaches look better when they have better talent.  That is the same in any sport at any level.  Your refusal to acknowledge that shows your ignorance of sports or contempt of the DC.  I guess in your mind Mack Brown or Urban Meyer are now horrible coaches without Colt McCoy or Tim Tebow.

And I haven't seen anyone on here say that he is the greatest thing since sliced bread or that they are in complete lockstep with every decision made by all coaches on the staff or whatever stupid sayings you are so fond of.  Rather, I see a lot of people that believe your constant bashing of one man is petty and predictable, no matter what the results are.  It is cowardly and and way over the line to constantly and openly call for someone to lose his job.

You really have turned into a joke.  Whoever said you were like a politician is correct.  You stay with you talking points, no matter how his group performs.  If the facts don't fit your opinion, you just continue to spout your ignorance and bile.  Bring it to the school board or the athletic director, put your name to it or give it a rest.  Enough is enough.

And to predict your likely response, yes this is a personal attack and yes I think you are a petty and vindictive idiot.  :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o[table][tr][td] ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'([/table]

[quote name="SFA85" post="872646" timestamp="1286844333"]
Nederland is down an Olineman.  I just hope Central doesn't play down to the competition being Nederland is 2-5.  I'm leaning more toward a 42-7 type butt whippin' simular to that 63-0 arse handing of a couple of seasons back......
[/quote]

Sounds like you might be worried SFA, you had to put a disclaimer in saying you hope they dont play down to 2-5 team. The dogs are a little better than their record shows. However, Central appears to very solid this year. No prediction from me, I just hope we limit the big plays on defense and protect the ball and good things can happen.

[quote name="Bulldog8" post="872790" timestamp="1286852727"]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=74224.msg872646#msg872646 date=1286844333]
[/quote]

Sounds like you might be worried SFA, you had to put a disclaimer in saying you hope they dont play down to 2-5 team. The dogs are a little better than their record shows. However, Central appears to very solid this year. No prediction from me, I just hope we limit the big plays on defense and protect the ball and good things can happen.
[/quote]

Well let's analyze.  They get it put on them by PAM and WB back to back.  Everybody on this board except for me and other Central fans, had them buried.  The big argument was Ozen was better because they played PAM and WB better.  They beat Ball, blow out Ozen, and knock out 2 undefeated teams in consecative weeks.  Recepee for a letdown?  Sure.  But a Nederland win with all that turnmoil, and low numbers?  Not likely....

[quote name="Bulldog8" post="872790" timestamp="1286852727"]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=74224.msg872646#msg872646 date=1286844333]
Nederland is down an Olineman.  I just hope Central doesn't play down to the competition being Nederland is 2-5.  I'm leaning more toward a 42-7 type butt whippin' simular to that 63-0 arse handing of a couple of seasons back......
[/quote]

Sounds like you might be worried SFA, you had to put a disclaimer in saying you[b] hope they dont play down[/b] to 2-5 team. The dogs are a little better than their record shows. However, Central appears to very solid this year. No prediction from me, I just hope we limit the big plays on defense and protect the ball and good things can happen.
[/quote]That's a fair statement, although I think it's unlikely. No prediction by me, but I will say, try stopping those big plays. We had a lot of big plays taken from us friday B/C of penalties. we'll get the big plays, but that won't be as important as us grinding it out on offense and resting that attacking defense. Oh yea and turn overs will help. i pray for a injury free game, can't wait. ;D
I have confidence in these Jags. Cut down on penalties and we're in good shape.

I NEVER blame the kids!  You can if you want. 

[quote name="Bulldog8" post="872616" timestamp="1286842518"]
SMITTY - You sound like a politician and spinning everything now that the D stepped and played a great game. Nobody ever said that the kids did not try. Some of the post mention that we have numerous sophmores starting or playing on the defense ( i think is 6 or 7 started). All of them will get better each game by gaining valuable experience. Remember every sophmore out there were playing freshman games last year.
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83