Southland Expansion

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="868119" timestamp="1286488472"]
http://news.collegesportsinfo.com/2010/09/southland-conference-expansiontime-to.html

UNLV you are a profit ;)
[/quote]

I bet he wishes he was money, I like to think of people that predict the future as prophets.

I have already stated my opinion of what Lamar should do if they take in DII schools to replace schools that leave the conference.

Delta State, Tarleton St., North Alabama, Abilene Christian University, West Texas A&M, Texas A&M - Kingsville, Midwestern St. and Jacksonville St. This schools just don't get me excited to watch them play at Provost Umphrey. I have no interest in traveling to watch the Cardinals play any of these teams either.

This goes for not only football but all the sports in which Lamar participates.

[quote name="bigred360" post="868133" timestamp="1286490255"]
I have already stated my opinion of what Lamar should do if they take in DII schools to replace schools that leave the conference.

Delta State, Tarleton St., North Alabama, Abilene Christian University, West Texas A&M, Texas A&M - Kingsville, Midwestern St. and Jacksonville St. This schools just don't get me excited to watch them play at Provost Umphrey. I have no interest in traveling to watch the Cardinals play any of these teams either.

[/quote]

I'll have to admit, I agree with you on this.  If the above schools end up in the SLC I will be all for a move to a different conference.

http://news.collegesportsinfo.com/2010/09/southland-conference-expansiontime-to.html

UNLV you are a profit ;)
[/quote]

I'd like to see Texas State stay, let UTSA leave, kick out UTA and ATM Corpus (unless Corpus adds football) and bring back USL, Northeast La, and La Tech.  I want to chant "go to He!!, USL, go to He!!".  And I want to travel to their stadium and eat boudain.

UNLV you are a profit ;)
[/quote]

None of those schools are really new to the SLC, if they weren't also in the mix for the OVC (the GSC schools) as well...

Talked to Matt prior to writing this and he asked me for my feedback, which I provided. I agree with BR360 and our AD at Sam does too. We are not going to be with a Div I Lonestar Conference.

Though I am wondering if the SLC people in place would be willing to bring in a private school whether it HBU or ORU.

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="868253" timestamp="1286499026"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=74099.msg868119#msg868119 date=1286488472]

UNLV you are a profit ;)
[/quote]

None of those schools are really new to the SLC, if they weren't also in the mix for the OVC (the GSC schools) as well...

Talked to Matt prior to writing this and he asked me for my feedback, which I provided. I agree with BR360 and our AD at Sam does too. We are not going to be with a Div I Lonestar Conference.

Though I am wondering if the SLC people in place would be willing to bring in a private school whether it HBU or ORU.
[/quote]

So this is really your article.  Silly me. I should have known! 8)

[quote name="bigred360" post="868133" timestamp="1286490255"]

[/quote]

delta st... more interesting than an idaho game.........

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="868270" timestamp="1286500369"]So this is really your article.  Silly me. I should have known! 8) [/quote]

Nope...

I just added some insight into a few of the schools mentioned and added a school (or two) that he initially left out. Matt is a realignment guy, he knows all that stuff that I don't.

I actually read that site and many more. The Southland is heading for a big decision.
1. Drop football, add UALR and ORU to become a strong basketball conference.
or
2. Invite DII's to stay a FCS weak football conference.

All depends heavily on what happens with Louisiana schools.

[quote name="UNLV" post="868446" timestamp="1286507670"]
I actually read that site and many more. The Southland is heading for a big decision.
or

[/quote]

Sorry, UNLV the SLC will NEVER drop football. BTW, I just mentioned you in a post so keep us informed!  8)

[quote name="bigred360" post="868450" timestamp="1286507817"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=74099.msg868446#msg868446 date=1286507670]
or

[/quote]

Sorry, UNLV the SLC will NEVER drop football. BTW, I just mentioned you in a post so keep us informed!  8)
[/quote]If Louisiana schools drop football to stay DI, that doesn't mean they have to leave the SLC. Then how
can the SLC play football with 4 teams?

[quote name="JJWooten" post="868132" timestamp="1286490184"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=74099.msg868119#msg868119 date=1286488472]

UNLV you are a profit ;)
[/quote]

I bet he wishes he was money, I like to think of people that predict the future as prophets.
[/quote]

Spelling corrected in original post.  Thanks for being kind! :)

I read the McNeese fans site and they are pretty much against a move to FBS.  But after reading with the Montana AD had to say about FCS economically I just don't know long term how Football plays out at that level economically, not that it isn't a struggle at the FBS level (had to get that in before Puddin did).  When you see what Boise has done over the last 15 years, you see that it can be done.  It will take money to do this.  If Dr. Simmons can convince the Big donor/supporters that he has the right long term plan and they will step up with the needed funding, it can be done at LU.  We will just have to see.  One thing UNLV is right about, if LU isn't proactive then forces outside of their control can (maybe likely) will change the future of LU football and it probably wont be for the better.

[quote name="UNLV" post="868616" timestamp="1286546501"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=74099.msg868450#msg868450 date=1286507817]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=74099.msg868446#msg868446 date=1286507670]
or

[/quote]

[/quote]If Louisiana schools drop football to stay DI, that doesn't mean they have to leave the SLC. Then how
can the SLC play football with 4 teams?
[/quote]

No, if you drop football, they can stay in the SLC as long as all their sports are competing in SLC sanctioned events. If they were to drop down a division, they would no longer be in the SLC. They would basically become a UTA or TAMU-CC, no football, but all other sports.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami