Highschool football team pulls out of game citing size of foe's players

Many years age we played Anahuac and the right side of their line all weighed 225-250.  I was a 165 lb. linebacker and I don't remember having anyone over 200 lbs. on our team.  Nobody even thought about cancelling the game.  We actually looked forward to getting pounded every Friday.  That being said, we always thought we could win.  :P :P :P

[quote name="A Bear's Bear" post="867653" timestamp="1286425353"]
LCM almost did that against Nacogdoches... ;D
[/quote]Since we already lost Friday, we may do it :D (Jags) :-\ :-[ ;D
J/K but those kids are huge, I'd double my kids pads and push'em out there.
Pep talk, ''fellas this is a contact sport. So, get out there and hit somebody!'' :D

[quote name="bcjag10" post="867673" timestamp="1286448851"]
[quote author=A Bear's Bear link=topic=74058.msg867653#msg867653 date=1286425353]
LCM almost did that against Nacogdoches... ;D
[/quote]Since we already lost Friday, we may do it :D (Jags) :-\ :-[ ;D
J/K but those kids are huge, I'd double my kids pads and push'em out there.
Pep talk, ''fellas this is a contact sport. So, get out there and hit somebody!'' :D
[/quote

Now thats funny ! Maybe instead of playing football, because you've already lost why not have a battle of the bands instead ? Or how about a BBQ cookoff ? See how smart BISD is they won't even have to use all the buses now ! saving on fuel !

Jim Dent  has a great book out right now called  " the Mighty Orphans "  It's a great book  about 12 orphans playing football and taking on all the big schools in Texas. They never complain about the size of another team and they never quit! Their  Coach was one of the greatest football coaches of all time!!

At a private school, i can understand this, it'd be more like if Katy was a private school and was playing Baytown Christian. especially at college prep schools preventing major injury should be a big concern many of those kids will be going to school in the IVY league, if the parents, players, coaches, and administrators are ok with it then who am i to judge.

(couldn't actually see this happen in Texas)

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="868703" timestamp="1286551371"]
At a private school, i can understand this, it'd be more like if Katy was a private school and was playing Baytown Christian. especially at college prep schools preventing major injury should be a big concern many of those kids will be going to school in the IVY league, if the parents, players, coaches, and administrators are ok with it then who am i to judge.

[/quote]

Have you seen the Woodlands Christian Team? They have some really tall boys, not sure about girth, but all kinds of talent! Maybe their district opponents can us this. J/K
The Woodlands players seem to be good sports though, so I am sure they will not be trying to pound people, they don't have to!

[quote name="HI_#20_Mom" post="868712" timestamp="1286552218"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=74058.msg868703#msg868703 date=1286551371]

[/quote]

Have you seen the Woodlands Christian Team? They have some really tall boys, not sure about girth, but all kinds of talent! Maybe their district opponents can us this. J/K
The Woodlands players seem to be good sports though, so I am sure they will not be trying to pound people, they don't have to!

[/quote]

That probably won't happen, Mom.  If Alpha Omega, who had already canceled a couple of game this season, wouldn't do it, nobody else will. LOL!

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="868802" timestamp="1286558703"]
[quote author=HI_#20_Mom link=topic=74058.msg868712#msg868712 date=1286552218]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=74058.msg868703#msg868703 date=1286551371]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That probably won't happen, Mom.  If Alpha Omega, who had already canceled a couple of game this season, wouldn't do it, nobody else will. LOL!
[/quote]

Ha Ha Ha. We could have used it cause they sure put a whooping on us! LOL
I agree with an earlier poster, this won't happen in Texas!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami