In case anyone missed it last night

Guest The-NHS

Guest The-NHS
NEDERLAND, Texas - Irrational opinions and statements were flowing all around the Elegante Hotel's banquet room last night as the annual Armchair Quarterbacking Trophy was presented in front of a few other Armchair fans. For those of you not familiar with the term's definition, an armchair quarterback is a viewer who criticizes conduct of games: somebody who is certain that he or she can make better calls than the coaches or players while watching a competitive sport on television and any giver of unwanted advice: somebody who offers unwanted advice about how to do something or tries to supervise an activity without being asked. With that said, seen below were this year's finalists. From left to right - Matt Leinart, Nancy Pelosi, Smitty, GoDogs27, and Barack Obama. Smitty, armed with his 2001 customized Nederland bubble gun and Armchair Quarterbacking Trophy, had this to say after receiving the notorious award, "I always thought that I was a great Armchair Quarterback. I'm just glad my irrational and redundant opinion finally paid off. Even though I have no solution to any problems, I can always shout fire the DC from my Nederland Bulldogs seatback chair up in Section E." Nominated for his Vidor game message board performance and PNG prediction, GoDogs27, was a welcomed new face to the annual presentation. "The coaches clearly lost the game against Vidor. I knew we should of punted after the fake attempt failed. Neumann is cuckoo." GoDogs27 said. Next year's presentation is already set. Don't miss out!

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/120j7dc.jpg[/img]

Oh yea, it was the event of the year. We sat around drinking smitty's kool aid all night. He finally admitted to everyone it was mushroom tea and that he drinks it before he makes every post. The best part was Basebow finally got to give smitty a big congratulatory hug in the parking lot.

Congrats smitty.......You worked hard for this one

Guilty as charged.. I criticized two plays.. The first field goal attempt and the fake punt on 4th and 7 from our own 27.. Everyone around me in the stands shared my sentiment as well.. Does that make me an armchair quarterback? If so then sign me up.. I never once questioned our players will to win, nor have I called for the firing of any coaches.. Coaches have bad games just like players do.. Second point, yes I picked png to win.. Why wouldn't I? We were huge underdogs.. Many nederland fans expected png to win.. But I can tell you this, at 7:30.. I was one of the select few that was screaming and barking their lungs out.. Most of the ned fans sit there in complete silence.. So call me an armchair qb, but never question my support for Big Ned..

Go Dogs!

Guest The-NHS
[quote name="GoDogs27" post="867190" timestamp="1286390057"]
Guilty as charged.. I criticized two plays.. The first field goal attempt and the fake punt on 4th and 7 from our own 27.. Everyone around me in the stands shared my sentiment as well.. Does that make me an armchair quarterback? If so then sign me up.. I never once questioned our players will to win, nor have I called for the firing of any coaches.. Coaches have bad games just like players do.. Second point, yes I picked png to win.. Why wouldn't I? We were huge underdogs.. Many nederland fans expected png to win.. But I can tell you this, at 7:30.. I was one of the select few that was screaming and barking their lungs out.. Most of the ned fans sit there in complete silence.. So call me an armchair qb, but never question my support for Big Ned..

Go Dogs!
[/quote]

What you say is absolutely true. This is why you received runner up. Better luck next year!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami