Baytown Sterling scratches Beaumont Chapter for West Brook game

[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="866457" timestamp="1286297390"]
You get the bottom of the Barrell when Refs are scratched.
[/quote]

I have yet to see a game this year that was not the bottom of the barrell.  It's been as bad as I have ever seen, at any level.  My guess, based on their lack of performance, all were from Beaumont.    ;D

[quote name="NorthShoreSucks!" post="866491" timestamp="1286299725"]
ok what is up with all these schools turning down the BMT chapter??
[/quote]

Political.  A friend is in the Beaumont Chapter because the Houston Chapter would not let them in.  A tight circle of friends patting each other's back. 

Each Chapter has good and bad.  There are always going to be some new guys, or old guys, and maybe even a couple of blind ones.   However, I don't believe any of the guys intentionally make bad calls.    You are just as likely to get bad reffing if you ask for a change of Chapters, and it looks like poor sportsmanship.  Bad move in my opinion.

[quote name="HUM398" post="866650" timestamp="1286315052"]
its a pretty well known fact that the BMT chapter is the worst.

i can't tell you how many times we (Humble) has traveled down to BMT, and gotten some just horrendous calls.

[/quote]

Ya'll got beat did'nt you.  Seems to go with the territory. 

[quote name="westend1" post="866582" timestamp="1286307939"]
Each Chapter has good and bad.  There are always going to be some new guys, or old guys, and maybe even a couple of blind ones.   However, I don't believe any of the guys intentionally make bad calls.    You are just as likely to get bad reffing if you ask for a change of Chapters, and it looks like poor sportsmanship.  Bad move in my opinion.
[/quote]

Whining about the refs is as much a constant on this board as the sun rising in the east.  I am wondering why this topic is getting brought up as something new however?  BMT chapter refs have a bad reputation; whether it's deserved or not I don't know?  I agree that each chapter has good, bad, blind, etc... and whining about the refs really gets you nothing and makes you sound like a well can't use the word on this board.  HOWEVER, it must say something when schools are asking to scratch refs from a certain chapter??

[quote name="TheRef" post="866866" timestamp="1286334112"]
[quote author=KFDM COOP link=topic=73999.msg866457#msg866457 date=1286297390]
[/quote]

Youknow all about that over in Dan Hooks Stadium don't you Coop!
[/quote] True that. That's what was sent to Orange last Friday. Just horrible.

[quote name="westend1" post="866658" timestamp="1286315510"]
What is a well known fact is that Humble was greatful to get out of the district with Westbrook.
[/quote]

yes...because the leading the series was just to hard for us to handle. 

We have won plenty of games in BMT with westbrook and pam both.  But it was always noted that "anything possible, we are playing in BMT"

Trust me, we would much rather be in 21-5a then in 18-4a.  Westbrook in the final year we played them was a close and hard fought battle that Westbrook won, but note we were among very few teams that held your beloved Christine Michaels to minimal yardage EVERY time we met.  We also Demolished that Westbrook team that featured Chassion at QB...going into the 4th quarter we led 42-16......yall rallied to no avail against our 2nd squad for a final of 49-32.

Save me the "chest" thumping....We have given you your fair share of thrashings.

[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="867337" timestamp="1286399963"]
[quote author=TheRef link=topic=73999.msg866866#msg866866 date=1286334112]
[quote author=KFDM COOP link=topic=73999.msg866457#msg866457 date=1286297390]
[/quote]

Youknow all about that over in Dan Hooks Stadium don't you Coop!
[/quote] True that. That's what was sent to Orange last Friday. Just horrible.
[/quote]

::) ::) ::) ::)

Personally in todays economy, if your playing in the Golden Triangle are and you opt to get refs from another chapter, then on a fiscal basis, you're an idiot. Refs do get travel pay so the farther they travel, the better their check is. Now I don't purport to know one single ref in this chapter now, but the ones that were there when my dad was alive and still refereeing were the best. Not only do they spend a lot of their time learning the rules that seem to change almost yearly, but they do it for the love of the game, as no one makes a living off the high school or for that matter the college level. Frankly, I'm not sure what chapter Coach Creduer is using for home games (which of course the other team has to agree too also), but I've not seen a huge amount of mistakes by these guys. Granted, none of them are perfect in their calls but they try. Now with the UIL taking over, I've heard that a lot of the refs are gonna drop out. What that tells me is that eventually, you'll be seeing baseball umpires or basketball refs out there trying to learn the game and making a whole lot more mistakes than the current guys. I'm just glad my brother officiates in the SWAC now instead of high school, although he does occasionally call local high school games or scrimmages when the chapter needs him,they are few and far between. He's happy with what he does, and does a pretty good job too, I'd hate to see him insulted they way a lot of you insult these guys that are out there currently. Funny thing is, the most vocal of the people griping about these refs would not even consider joining the local chapter or the UIL and become refs yourselves.

I'm not replying to any statement : JMO The one's who gripe and complain the most about Refs are the Losers in the game,They will try every means available to justify the loss and try to convince people it was the refs fault, They use every reason in the book except the real one..WE LOST.. ;)

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="867657" timestamp="1286428780"]
Personally in todays economy, if your playing in the Golden Triangle are and you opt to get refs from another chapter, then on a fiscal basis, you're an idiot. Refs do get travel pay so the farther they travel, the better their check is. Now I don't purport to know one single ref in this chapter now, but the ones that were there when my dad was alive and still refereeing were the best. Not only do they spend a lot of their time learning the rules that seem to change almost yearly, but they do it for the love of the game, as no one makes a living off the high school or for that matter the college level. Frankly, I'm not sure what chapter Coach Creduer is using for home games (which of course the other team has to agree too also), but I've not seen a huge amount of mistakes by these guys. Granted, none of them are perfect in their calls but they try. Now with the UIL taking over, I've heard that a lot of the refs are gonna drop out. [b]What that tells me is that eventually, you'll be seeing baseball umpires or basketball refs out there trying to learn the game and making a whole lot more mistakes than the current guys.[/b] I'm just glad my brother officiates in the SWAC now instead of high school, although he does occasionally call local high school games or scrimmages when the chapter needs him,they are few and far between. He's happy with what he does, and does a pretty good job too, I'd hate to see him insulted they way a lot of you insult these guys that are out there currently. Funny thing is, the most vocal of the people griping about these refs would not even consider joining the local chapter or the UIL and become refs yourselves.
[/quote]
You are wrong about baseball for sure because we all belong to the same association TASO and we will not go and try to do football games. We support our brothers from all the football chapters and this is a fight by all sports officials.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83