Ok Terror, its all yours. Fire away

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="866345" timestamp="1286287840"]
By the looks of some of the posts on here, one might think that some folks were looking forward to Lamar starting up football so that they could criticize it.

To quote a banned poster from here, "You people!" ::) ;D
[/quote]

Exactly right AAW!!!

I was out of town this weekend so I was unable to attend the game, but my Grandfather was on of the "Lamar Legends" and my parents went with them to a luncheon and a tour.  My younger brother and I both Graduated from Sam Houston and He played football for the Bearkats so my parents have been in and around football facilities and the fiirst thing they said when I got back was "WOW"...you guys have the best facilities around, the best gameday atmosphere and a team that at one time many people thought would have maybe one win coming into this past weekend but instead you had a team that scared Mcneese, beat SELA, and had every Bearkat fan I know wondering if we could beat you or not coming into this game.  Im a season ticket holder to Sam Houston football games and my Mom hasnt asked to come to a game in years and after this past weekend she wants to come.  Point being it took time to build the facilities, hype up the atmosphere and its gonna take time to bring the team around.  Im ecstatic at the outcome of the game last saturday, but I wish you guys the best of luck for success the rest of the way and I plan to be at a few mor LU games this season when my Kats are away.

[quote name="kingkat99" post="866362" timestamp="1286289048"]
I was out of town this weekend so I was unable to attend the game, but my Grandfather was on of the "Lamar Legends" and my parents went with them to a luncheon and a tour.  My younger brother and I both Graduated from Sam Houston and He played football for the Bearkats so my parents have been in and around football facilities and the fiirst thing they said when I got back was "WOW"...you guys have the best facilities around, the best gameday atmosphere and a team that at one time many people thought would have maybe one win coming into this past weekend but instead you had a team that scared Mcneese, beat SELA, and had every Bearkat fan I know wondering if we could beat you or not coming into this game.  Im a season ticket holder to Sam Houston football games and my Mom hasnt asked to come to a game in years and after this past weekend she wants to come.  Point being it took time to build the facilities, hype up the atmosphere and its gonna take time to bring the team around.  Im ecstatic at the outcome of the game last saturday, but I wish you guys the best of luck for success the rest of the way and I plan to be at a few mor LU games this season when my Kats are away.
[/quote]

See.  Now that is a level headed post.

[quote name="HardHitter" post="866454" timestamp="1286297114"]
I do agree to support Lamar win or lose ( no matter what) but i do feel we could do some things a little better (tackle, block, ect.)....Rain or shine I'll be there.....

Go Cards
[/quote]

I agree we can and will do things better.  But it will take time is the only thing I hope people realize.

Sleepy, I know about the landscape of college recruiting and college athletics. Brother played college football and was recuited by McNeese, SFA, Texas A&I (now Texas A&M -Kingsville) and a few others even one from a school in Iowa and coached for 8 seasons. This is a first for me as it is for every Lamar fan and I understand we are young and we have dept problems and probably missed on a couple kids that could have helped by being a first year start up program.

You stated we are a few points from being 3-2. Well I hate to tell you we are 14 points from being 0-5. Remember the late score versus Webber or we are going to overtime and the best team doesn't always win in OT. Then versus SE Louisiana if we don't score with about 2 minutes left in that game we lose there.

Here is my bottom line. I've waited 21 years for football to return to Lamar University. I think Coach Woodard is the right man for the job. I think our facilties will be the best in the SLC and I think it will help him with recruiting. Obviously, you have spend some quality time with Ray Woodard but if he can be unhappy with a loss can't I also be unhappy as well as any other Lamar supporter?

I just don't see me or any other Lamar fan talking about the defense having problems tackling or the offense having problems running the football as DOGGING THE TEAM or COACHING STAFF. BTW, Coach Whitten is the OC but if Coach Woodard tells him to run the ball more I promise you the Cardinals will run the ball more. There is no doubt who is the head dog here at Lamar.  

I will continue to support this athletic program as well as all the other sports in which the Cardinals field a team.

I promise you I'm no disgruntled fan or booster. I've been a fan of Lamar sports since age 12 and I'm now 43 and I was also a student at Lamar. Father worked for Lamar (his job now would be with LIT) and my stepfather retired from Lamar. So I too bleed red and white.

Also, my brother transferred to Lamar after his sophomore year and his wife transfered from Texas A&M to Lamar and they are both Lamar alumnus and got married while still in school.

[quote name="sleepy" post="866371" timestamp="1286289788"]
[quote author=kingkat99 link=topic=73890.msg866362#msg866362 date=1286289048]
[/quote]

See.  Now that is a level headed post.
[/quote]
Yea, he too is a LC-M alumnus. Kingkat99 don't go telling my brother I am stirring up trouble with my fellow Lamar fan's.  ;D

[quote name="bigred360" post="866613" timestamp="1286310860"]
Sleepy, I know about the landscape of college recruiting and college athletics. Brother played college football and was recuited by McNeese, SFA, Texas A&I (now Texas A&M -Kingsville) and a few others even one from a school in Iowa and coached for 8 seasons. This is a first for me as it is for every Lamar fan and I understand we are yound and we have dept problems and probably missed on a couple kids that could have helped by being a first year start up program.

You stated we are a few points from being 3-2. Well I hate to tell you we are 14 points from being 0-5. Remember the late score versus Webber or we are going to overtime and the best team doesn't always win in OT. Then versus SE Louisiana if we don't score with about 2 minutes left in that game we lose there.

Here is my bottom line. I've waited 21 years for football to return to Lamar University. I think Coach Woodard is the right man for the job. I think our facilties will be the best in the SLC and I think it will help him with recruiting. Obviously, you have spend some quality time with Ray Woodard but if he can be unhappy with a loss can't I also be unhappy as well as any other Lamar supporter?

I just don't see me or any other Lamar fan talking about the defense having problems tackling or the offense having problems running the football as DOGGING THE TEAM or COACHING STAFF. BTW, Coach Whitten is the OC but if Coach Woodard tells him to run the ball more I promise you the Cardinals will run the ball more. There is no doubt who is the head dog here at Lamar.  

I will continue to support this athletic program as well as all the other sports in which the Cardinals field a team.

I promise you I'm no disgruntled fan or booster. I've been a fan of Lamar sports since age 12 and I'm now 43 and I was also a student at Lamar. Father worked for Lamar (his job now would be with LIT) and my stepfather retired from Lamar. So I too bleed red and white.

Also, my brother transferred to Lamar after his sophomore year and his wife transfered from Texas A&M to Lamar and they are both Lamar alumnus and got married while still in school.

[/quote]

I have a sister who teaches autistic children but that doesn't qualify me to pass judgment on other teachers in her field.  

Your second line where you put we are 14 points 0-5 explains your view perfectly.  Looking at it from a negative perspective as soon as we lose instead of taking positives on what has happened this season.

I will agree to disagree.

[quote name="coachacola" post="865751" timestamp="1286224301"]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=73890.msg865738#msg865738 date=1286223212]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=73890.msg865720#msg865720 date=1286222069]
[b]Coach Woodard may need to make some adjustments to his staff this offseason.  Is there a reason Nathan Reeves is the offensive line coach when he has no experience coaching this position?  There's a lot of HS coaches on the staff, and very few with D1 college coaching experience.  Seems like Todd Dodge at UNT took a lot of heat for bringing in too many HS coaches.[/b]

SHSU may be a little younger plus they have a new coaching staff, but I bet they have more overall depth and experience just because they are not starting from scratch like Lamar is.  Next year we'll get a better read on this team after Woodard gets a year D1 coaching behind him and he brings in another round of recruits.
[/quot

Tell me your not serious.  What coaches would leave other programs to come to Lamar as a first year program???? Come on!!!!

[/quote]

So you are saying that no assistant coach from another FCS school would even bother to coach at Lamar?  What if they were offered a pay raise?  If Lamar can only afford to hire HS coaches then maybe we're in for a lot of disappointments.
[/quote]Alot of high school coaches make more than some college assistants.

[quote name="sleepy" post="867004" timestamp="1286371926"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=73890.msg866613#msg866613 date=1286310860]
Sleepy, I know about the landscape of college recruiting and college athletics. Brother played college football and was recuited by McNeese, SFA, Texas A&I (now Texas A&M -Kingsville) and a few others even one from a school in Iowa and coached for 8 seasons. This is a first for me as it is for every Lamar fan and I understand we are yound and we have dept problems and probably missed on a couple kids that could have helped by being a first year start up program.

[/quote]

I have a sister who teaches autistic children but that doesn't qualify me to pass judgment on other teachers in her field.  

Your second line where you put we are 14 points 0-5 explains your view perfectly.  Looking at it from a negative perspective as soon as we lose instead of taking positives on what has happened this season.

I will agree to disagree.
[/quote]
How can we have a friendly debate about the football program if I don't take the other side of the coin. You stated we are a few points from being 3-2. So for there to be a debate I had to look at the negative side if not there would be no debating. I too like to think we are a few points from being 3-2 but how would there be any conversation if we agreed on every point?

As for as knowing football, the landscape of college recruiting and college athletics I am confident of my knowledge so I don't need your affirmation.

I think if you will take a second you'll see from other post I've made we are more in agreement than not.

[quote name="77" post="867012" timestamp="1286373189"]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=73890.msg865751#msg865751 date=1286224301]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=73890.msg865738#msg865738 date=1286223212]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=73890.msg865720#msg865720 date=1286222069]
[b]Coach Woodard may need to make some adjustments to his staff this offseason.  Is there a reason Nathan Reeves is the offensive line coach when he has no experience coaching this position?  There's a lot of HS coaches on the staff, and very few with D1 college coaching experience.  Seems like Todd Dodge at UNT took a lot of heat for bringing in too many HS coaches.[/b]

SHSU may be a little younger plus they have a new coaching staff, but I bet they have more overall depth and experience just because they are not starting from scratch like Lamar is.  Next year we'll get a better read on this team after Woodard gets a year D1 coaching behind him and he brings in another round of recruits.
[/quot

Tell me your not serious.  What coaches would leave other programs to come to Lamar as a first year program???? Come on!!!!

[/quote]

So you are saying that no assistant coach from another FCS school would even bother to coach at Lamar?  What if they were offered a pay raise?  If Lamar can only afford to hire HS coaches then maybe we're in for a lot of disappointments.
[/quote]Alot of high school coaches make more than some college assistants.
[/quote]

Believe it or not that is true. Some college assistants don't make what some HS coaches do. I was suprised when I first learned of this fact.

Plus, HS coaches don't have to go on recruiting trips and spend even less time away from their families.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami