Jasper At WO-S Predictions

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Football

This is another game like Silsbee. Reason being...Jasper matches up well with WOS speed wise. Like Silsbee in my opinion. This game will probably be closer than most think because of that.

No they don't, and no it won't. Jasper does not match up very well with WOS at all this year. Jasper may not get a first down next friday, they may suprise Silsbee with a tough game, but WOS should put it on Jasper pretty bad.

WOS - 35

Jasper - 0

Yes' date=' AAW, and notice it's coming from people not associated with WO-S. We're a lot more cautious of our opponents. I kind of wish these prediction threads would go away. Are you listening, Coop?[/quote']

You are right, Griff. Most of these "blowout" predictions come from non-WOS fans except for a couple. I know how smart and respectable you guys are. I feel the same way about these prediction threads.

WOS92 does have a point though. These are just opinions. I guess there is no real harm done here, but it can get a little ridiculous. When folks come on here and predict blowouts just based on past results and not the actual match ups, well I don't think it's a lack of respect on their part but a lack of intelligence.

There were some blowout predictions on the Silsbee game, and we all know how that turned out. Only a few of those came from actual WOS fans, most of those guys knew better. I just wish some of these folks would be a little more sensible.

Guest GoStangs

I don't know that much about this year's Jasper team, but (historically) WOS generally matches up well against them, athlete for athlete. However, it has most always been a battle. It seems this year, WOS is at the level most people in the area are used to seeing them play at, but Jasper is having a down year for whatever reason.

Against Silsbee, I thought the Tigers' upfront size coupled with their athletic skill players, strong defense, and overall motivation going into this game was going to make it difficult for WOS to prevail. Just a question -- what does Jasper have this year that will force an upset or cause this game to be closer than most people are predicting?

Well in all honesty, and I know I am kind of contridicting myself here, I'll be suprised if this game is close, but I refuse to predict a blowout. To answer your question GoStangs, Jasper is real young this year, younger than I have ever heard of them. From what I have been told from some Jasper people, they have about 10 sophmores and 9 freshmen playing on the varsity, unheard of! About half of those actually start. They are very inexperienced, to say the least. They are still running that spread offense but what i was told they don't have the personel to run it. Their defense is their strenght. All in all, WOS should win this game, just too much talent and experience.

I don't know that much about this year's Jasper team' date=' but (historically) WOS generally matches up well against them, athlete for athlete. However, it has most always been a battle. It seems this year, WOS is at the level most people in the area are used to seeing them play at, but Jasper is having a down year for whatever reason.

Against Silsbee, I thought the Tigers' upfront size coupled with their athletic skill players, strong defense, and overall motivation going into this game was going to make it difficult for WOS to prevail. Just a question -- what does Jasper have this year that will force an upset or cause this game to be closer than most people are predicting?[/quote']

No reason why Jasper should be able to pull the upset, but they have some skilled players. The defense is the key to the team. If they can cause some turnovers and punch them in for scores then perhaps they can make a game out of it. I just don't see Jasper moving the ball on the Stang defense. I feel pretty good about Jasper's ability to match up against WO-S offense, but can't see them stopping but maybe every other drive. Unless Jasper can cause some mistakes they probably won't score. BUT I have noticed the most recent quaterback complete 10 passes last week..heck that is probably more than they had completed the whole year to this point.

THIS ONE WON'T EVEN BE CLOSE. JASPER HAD HELP FROM THE OFFICIALS TO WIN THEIR FIRST. CALLED BACK ONE HF TD ON A PHANTOM ILLEGAL BLOCK, THEN SCREWED HF AGAIN ON A CATCH DEEP IN DOG TERRITORY WITH TIME LEFT. JASPER GETS WHAT THEY DESERVE THIS FRIDAY! STANGS 48 - JASPER O

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder