• LCM
    • Nederland
    • PN-G

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going out on a limb but...

There are 5 teams in contention for 3rd place. I think it is likely that all of them will lose (or have lost) to Dayton and Central so everyone goes 0-2 against them.

Each of the 5 will beat Ozen and thereby go 1-0.

It looks like the 5 contenders for 3rd place will each go 2-1 against Dayon-Central-Ozen. You can just about throw those games out. So it comes down to who wins against each other between Nederland, Lumberton, PN-G, LC-M and Vidor. It is like a small district round-robin (4 games each) for one playoff spot within a larger district.

Nederland is 1-1/ a loss to Vidor and they beat PN-G. They have Lumberton and LC-M left.

Lumberton is 1-1/ a loss to PN-G and they beat Vidor. They have LC-M and Nederland left.

PN-G is 1-2/ losses to Nederland and LC-M. They only have Vidor left.

LC-M is 1-0/ They beat PN-G. They have games against Nederland, Lumberton and Vidor left.

Vidor is 1-1/ They beat Nederland and lost to Lumberton. They have games with LC-M and PN-G left.

LC-M is in the best spot since they have not lost a game to the teams that they are playing against for the 3rd spot. But at 1-0, they still have to play 3 of the other teams, the most remaining games against the contenders.

PN-G has already lost 2 games in the mix. Their best finish against the contenders is 2-2. They are the least likely to get a spot at this point.

Vidor, Nederland and Lumberton are in a dead heat at 1-1. Interstingly enough, each of them must play LC-M. If any of them beat LC-M, then each of the teams will have at least 1 loss each. Also, with Vidor, Nederland and Lumberton each playing the front runner LC-M, each will somewhat control their own destiny, according to who else loses and by how many points. Each team except PN-G has a chance at coming out with at least a 3-1 record against the other 4 contenders for the spot.

Which all means, it is still wide open for the third playoff spot. Without an upset of Dayton/Central or an upset loss to Ozen, this next three weeks might make for a wild finish that might not be decided until the last game is finished three weeks from now.

I really don't see any favorites at this point.

vidor-2-5, 1-3 in district is not the real deal?they played extra hard vs. ned. {and got some breaks} cuz they want to be like ned. so bad. and homecoming always gives them a little extra,plus central was probably looking ahead to the dayton game.if png gets the ball to their te,wr- #81 & #6,they win.got to throw against vidor cuz they stack up to stop the run.play action pass will kill them.

vidor-2-5' date=' 1-3 in district is not the real deal?they played extra hard vs. ned. {and got some breaks} cuz they want to be like ned. so bad. and homecoming always gives them a little extra,plus central was probably looking ahead to the dayton game.if png gets the ball to their te,wr- #81 & #6,they win.got to throw against vidor cuz they stack up to stop the run.play action pass will kill them.[/quote']what an idiot!I am not even going to argue my side because you already sound like a total moron

vidor-2-5, 1-3 in district is not the real deal?they played extra hard vs. ned. {and got some breaks} cuz they want to be like ned. so bad. and homecoming always gives them a little extra,plus central was probably looking ahead to the dayton game.if png gets the ball to their te,wr- #81 & #6,they win.got to throw against vidor cuz they stack up to stop the run.play action pass will kill them.

UMMMMM. I dont think Vidor played Nederland from their home coming. Besides that you are a complete DEE DEE DEE!

vidor-2-5' date=' 1-3 in district is not the real deal?they played extra hard vs. ned. {and got some breaks} cuz they want to be like ned. so bad. and homecoming always gives them a little extra,plus central was probably looking ahead to the dayton game.if png gets the ball to their te,wr- #81 & #6,they win.got to throw against vidor cuz they stack up to stop the run.play action pass will kill them.[/quote']

Sounds like you have all the answers. Maybe you should be an AD somewhere. Oh wait, first you have to graduate HS, then you have to get a college degree, wait a minute there's something else what is it- oh yeah you have to know a little something about football too. :P

Does anybody know if head-to-head matchup is considered in the tie-breaker for the playoffs?

If two teams finish 4-3 does the winner of the game between these two teams get the playoff spot or is the point differential system used?

Here's a scenario: Lumberton wins the rest of their games. LCM goes 2-1 in the rest of their games losing to Lumberton. Both teams will be 4-3 and Lumberton has won the head-to-head. Is Lumberton in or is it based on the 14 point differential system?

I am just curious and am not saying Lumberton WILL win all three games; although, i do like our chances.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami