Central vs Livingston Prediction thread

D3zii

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="858153" timestamp="1285515939"]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=73515.msg858151#msg858151 date=1285515831]
I think Jags D will fair better than PNG's did, but still not enough to contain all of Liv.'s running threats.  They can't leave receivers totally uncovered like we did either.

Liv wins by 10
[/quote]Livingston will need to watch our home run hitter as well. I know they won't stop him because they give up a lot of yards and your RB Bertrand had over 100 yards against them...
[/quote]

Soulja,  scoring on them wasn't the issue.  It was trying to figure out who had the dang ball.  VERY deceptive for certain.  I could be wrong about it (Heck, I've been wrong about my injuns all yr.)  I just think that we were able to score more than you guys will, thus my prediction.  Don't ask me to eat crow either way though...I'm still pretty full right now.

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="858632" timestamp="1285544523"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=73515.msg858153#msg858153 date=1285515939]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=73515.msg858151#msg858151 date=1285515831]
I think Jags D will fair better than PNG's did, but still not enough to contain all of Liv.'s running threats.  They can't leave receivers totally uncovered like we did either.

Liv wins by 10
[/quote]Livingston will need to watch our home run hitter as well. I know they won't stop him because they give up a lot of yards and your RB Bertrand had over 100 yards against them...
[/quote]

Soulja,  scoring on them wasn't the issue.  It was trying to figure out who had the dang ball.  VERY deceptive for certain.  I could be wrong about it (Heck, I've been wrong about my injuns all yr.)   I just think that we were able to score more than you guys will, thus my prediction.   Don't ask me to eat crow either way though...I'm still pretty full right now.
[/quote]Ok, I won't!  ;D ;D

Central has had loads of trouble against misdirection running attacks like Livingston and Vidor the past few years and I will go on record as saying that this Livingston team is much better than the Livingston or Vidor teams that Central struggled with in the past. And Centrals defense is not as good as it was last year or the year before.

[quote name="badndn" post="858800" timestamp="1285557097"]
Central has had loads of trouble against misdirection running attacks like Livingston and Vidor the past few years and I will go on record as saying that this Livingston team is much better than the Livingston or Vidor teams that Central struggled with in the past. And Centrals defense is not as good as it was last year or the year before.
[/quote]This Livingston team is putting up the same numbers as The Vidor team of last year.  Which probably means that PNG's defense is not good at all. (not talking down, but had an hour conversation with a PN-G faithful to confirm this).  This Central team have gotten so much better in executing on both sides of the ball, Livingston better be cautious!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="858813" timestamp="1285558045"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=73515.msg858800#msg858800 date=1285557097]
[/quote]This Livingston team is putting up the same numbers as The Vidor team of last year.  Which probably means that PNG's defense is not good at all. (not talking down, but had an hour conversation with a PN-G faithful to confirm this).  This Central team have gotten so much better in executing on both sides of the ball, Livingston better be cautious!
[/quote]

I think folks are underestimating Central's D because of their losses to PAM and Brook. That's a mistake IMO.

I am pulling for Central and hope that they win.
I don't think that people are underestimating Central's defense based upon their performances against WB & PAM.

I think it's as Badndn pointed out, that Central has had problems with teams that run misdirection, even when they had a very good defense, such as they have had the last couple of years.  However, losing the LB core that they had last year, they are definitely not as strong in that area, and your LBs definitely have to be disciplined and play assignment football against a team that runs a lot of misdirection.

The keys for Central to win, imo:
[list]
[*]Force, or hold Livingston into 3 and out early in the game
[*]
[/list]
[list]
[*]Don't give up the big play
[*]
[/list]
[list]
[*]Score and stay ahead of Livingston, and force them to pass.
[*]
[/list]

I'm taking Livingston in this one, but who knows. They have no defense. Thier offense is very good, huge linemen and hard running backs that don't go down on first contact. They will pound the ball until they get close to the endzone and then a WR sneaks out and bam TD, watch for that. BUT, I still think Central is very good team and I'm one that don't put much stock in the losses to PAM and WB.

[quote name="LION21" post="859087" timestamp="1285608287"]
our offense is going to RUN ALL OVER CENTRAL......thats not the problem.....its just the defense..we just gotta fix some stuff then we will be set  ;D
[/quote]The same team 'ran all over us' last year and could only muster 6 points... Ok... ::) ::)

The Central coaching staff made great adjustments during the second half of the Ozen game. Their defense turned it up a notch in keeping the Panthers off the scoreboard after halftime. Q.B. Robert Mitchell was very impressive both throwing and running the football. Heard rushed for 90 yards in the second alone. GREAT JOB JAG COACHING STAFF MAKING ALL THE NECESSARY ADJUSTMENTS TO GET THE WIN !

The Jags should be in the mix for the District Title. Therefore, I am predicting a Jag victory over Livingston . Central -28 Livingston - 20 

[quote name="SD2009" post="859131" timestamp="1285610607"]
notice how all the posters on here are png. just because yall got ran all over doesnt mean they will i predict central by about 15
[/quote]

Didn't know we couldn't post? It's probably because we've seen Livingston play first hand. I think it will be a good game, but I think Livingston pulls it out. They did run through us, and your point? You'll see this Friday that we were just making observations about a Livingston team that everybody forgot about this year. It's kind of like when Dayton was in this district and ran the tables. If Central wins, then great!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="858086" timestamp="1285508323"]
[quote author=Lionfan link=topic=73515.msg858077#msg858077 date=1285506961]
I hate to bust your bubble soulja but the Livingston Lions rushed for almost 500 yards with a makeshift O-line see related news story  that coupled with the fact the Jags have never beaten Livingston makes this Lionfan like our chances!!!!
[/quote]Keep thinking that...  Ozen thought the same thing, until these Jags got it rolling...  Yall have a 9 ypc back... So do we.  Yall have a big O-Line... So do we. Seems like yalls QB is athletic.. Our young gun int too shaby himself..Makes for a game where defense will need to step up.  The last 2 games, we have only given up 24 points.  What about Livingston?  ;)
[/quote]look hear  soulja yall played a good game but lets be real thank God for turn overs & turn overs it was. watch your tone when you say thats what ozen thought!ozen ran the ball instead of going with their passing game. if or should i say when ozen become the team they are witch is a passing taem they will do just fine

[quote name="bmtqj33" post="859281" timestamp="1285621089"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=73515.msg858086#msg858086 date=1285508323]
[quote author=Lionfan link=topic=73515.msg858077#msg858077 date=1285506961]
I hate to bust your bubble soulja but the Livingston Lions rushed for almost 500 yards with a makeshift O-line see related news story  that coupled with the fact the Jags have never beaten Livingston makes this Lionfan like our chances!!!!
[/quote]Keep thinking that...  Ozen thought the same thing, until these Jags got it rolling...  Yall have a 9 ypc back... So do we.  Yall have a big O-Line... So do we. Seems like yalls QB is athletic.. Our young gun int too shaby himself..Makes for a game where defense will need to step up.  The last 2 games, we have only given up 24 points.  What about Livingston?  ;)
[/quote]look hear  soulja yall played a good game but lets be real thank God for turn overs & turn overs it was. watch your tone when you say thats what ozen thought!ozen ran the ball instead of going with their passing game. if or should i say when ozen become the team they are witch is a passing taem they will do just fine
[/quote]I know about the turnovers, I was there, but they are part of the game.  We turned the ball over against West Brook early and often and we got ran off the field, but hey, 'if it's in the game, it's in the game'...

[quote name="surfer73" post="859291" timestamp="1285621419"]
[quote author=SD2009 link=topic=73515.msg859131#msg859131 date=1285610607]
notice how all the posters on here are png. just because yall got ran all over doesnt mean they will i predict central by about 15
[/quote]How strong is your defence ?
[/quote]
So who else would you expect to post? We are the only team that has seen them yet. I am telling you folks, that I have seen our defense stop the run against a pretty good running team that ran the same offense as Livingston in Gregory-Portland and Livingston ran right through us. It wasn't just because of a swiss cheese defense, I give a lot of the credit to a very, very good running attack from top to bottom.

And my logic is based on the fact that lesser Livingston teams and Vidor teams have beaten better Central teams in the past with this offense. I just can't logically pick Central to beat this Livingston team. Trust me, it's better for our Indians if you do win. Remember a Central win and a PNG win puts us right back in the tittle picture.

[quote name="badndn" post="859321" timestamp="1285622291"]
[quote author=surfer73 link=topic=73515.msg859291#msg859291 date=1285621419]
[/quote]
So who else would you expect to post? We are the only team that has seen them yet. I am telling you folks, that I have seen our defense stop the run against a pretty good running team that ran the same offense as Livingston in Gregory-Portland and Livingston ran right through us. It wasn't just because of a swiss cheese defense, I give a lot of the credit to a very, very good running attack from top to bottom.

And my logic is based on the fact that lesser Livingston teams and Vidor teams have beaten better Central teams in the past with this offense. I just can't logically pick Central to beat this Livingston team. Trust me, it's better for our Indians if you do win. Remember a Central win and a PNG win puts us right back in the tittle picture.
[/quote]When did Vidor beat us?  In the 2004 season?  Everybody exept Lumberton beat us that year...  Was a 1-9 team...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="859334" timestamp="1285622726"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=73515.msg859321#msg859321 date=1285622291]
[quote author=surfer73 link=topic=73515.msg859291#msg859291 date=1285621419]
[/quote]

[/quote]When did Vidor beat us?  In the 2004 season?  Everybody exept Lumberton beat us that year...  Was a 1-9 team...
[/quote]
you know what I mean. You guys have struggled with Vidor teams since they went to the misdirection running game. No secret!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83