Barbers Hill @ Dayton Game Thread/Dayton Wins 54-0

Lefty99

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BHFAN" post="855948" timestamp="1285383173"]
I'm glad the players didn't quit becasue  I did at the end of the 3rd ;D Not much to say about this game! Bh started the game with some trickery then Refs came end and completely destoryed this game for both BH and Dayton. I bet there are 200 yard in penalties between both teams! Then the turn overs started 8-9 turnovers (I lost count) will not win you a game against any team! Goodluck to the Broncos the rest of the way! Good news is that it would be impossible for BH to have this bad of a game again :o
[/quote]

Yeah...the refs really blew this for BH...give me a break!

[quote name="rollinac" post="855678" timestamp="1285379370"]
That's all I've heard thus far...Carranco actually missed his first kick ever?  Did I hear that right....he missed?
[/quote]

The hold was a little off and caused the miss.  The other post about the field goal being 37 yards not correct it was actually 42.  He kicked several kick offs out of the end zone, and the others he kicked to the same spot at the four on purpose.  He also had a punt that stopped on the one.  This kid is the real deal he will be playing on Sunday.

[quote name="mikehoncho" post="856061" timestamp="1285384136"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=73409.msg855948#msg855948 date=1285383173]
I'm glad the players didn't quit becasue  I did at the end of the 3rd ;D Not much to say about this game! Bh started the game with some trickery then Refs came end and completely destoryed this game for both BH and Dayton. I bet there are 200 yard in penalties between both teams! Then the turn overs started 8-9 turnovers (I lost count) will not win you a game against any team! Goodluck to the Broncos the rest of the way! Good news is that it would be impossible for BH to have this bad of a game again :o
[/quote]

Yeah...the refs really blew this for BH...give me a break!
[/quote]

Hey dufus I said BH and Dayton read before you get your panties in a wad.

Well just got home from a nail biter.  Could have gone either way, but someone decided to blow the whistle and start the clock.  Congrats to Dayton.  Personally, you must be very dissapointed.  50+ that's all you got after 8 or 9 turnovers and 200 yards of penalties?  ;D ;D Seriously, good luck in district. 

As for the refs (if they call themself that), on behalf of the BH [b][u]AND[/u][/b] Dayton fan base: 

[IMG]http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/6254/babyfinger.jpg[/img][/URL]

How bout that Dayton D?  I thought the BH coach showed his tail a little by being so demonstrative.  Also, resorting to trick plays in the first half seemed sort of desperate.  BH is better than the score reflected.  You guys have some really big kids, it's just going to take a while to see whether or not your system/AD are the right fit for your talent. 

What kind of message does a coach send to his team telling them to kickoff the game w/an onside kick.So much trash talking I wonder why so many penalties.Refs were trigger happy w/the yellow flags as well as being way out of shape.Neither team could mount any momentum for flag after flag.I called it a 50 spot and could have been worse w/3 tds called back.On the Carranco missed pat the ball was tipped by BH.Good luck to BH the rest of district,keep working on it :o ;D ::) 8)

Mont Belvieu Barbers Hill                                                       Dayton
[u]Total yards                               119                                                                       333
First downs                                  8                                                                        18
Rushes/Yds                            34/50                                                                   37/194
Average rush                           1.47                                                                       5.24
Comp/Atts                            8/17/3                                                                   11/15/1
Pass yards                                 69                                                                       139
Comp pct                                47.06                                                                    73.33
Punts                                         6                                                                           2
Punting Yards                            234                                                                         82
Punting Average                         39                                                                          41
Fumbles/Lost                             8/5                                                                        4/2
Penalties-yards                        9-76                                                                     12-100 [/u]

Houston Chronicle Stats

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="EAGLE07" post="856366" timestamp="1285389622"]
[quote author=Matt link=topic=73409.msg856023#msg856023 date=1285383865]
B.H. actually looked good their first drive, had some nice plays scripted, but Daytons defense put a stop to that real quick.
[/quote]

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
[/quote]

8)

[quote name="liltex" post="856377" timestamp="1285389958"]
What kind of message does a coach send to his team telling them to kickoff the game w/an onside kick.So much trash talking I wonder why so many penalties.Refs were trigger happy w/the yellow flags as well as being way out of shape.Neither team could mount any momentum for flag after flag.I called it a 50 spot and could have been worse w/3 tds called back.On the Carranco missed pat the ball was tipped by BH.Good luck to BH the rest of district,keep working on it :o ;D ::) 8)
[/quote]

Agree.  I was disapointed with the BH head coach.  Temper tantrums aren't cool.  He griped to an official all the way to the locker room going into the half. BH had bad luck, but in hindsight, it might have been bad karma for acting like a child on the sidelines.  Welcome to 19-4A Gage.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder