12 Yard Line

I had a thought with all the tribues to Reggie that are being planned and carried out I had an idea. What if every team with a grass field left off just one of the 10 yard marking numbers on their field this week and put 12 on the 12 yard line instead?

Just thought it would be a remembrance that every team and fan could participate in and thought I would put it out before field prepartion got started.

I would have loved to have seen one unified gesture of rememberance but so many people want to express their respects in so many different ways. I cant help but to wonder what kind of comfort it is to his family to see all of the out pouring of love, respect and admiration that all of the surrounding communities are showing. You have a great idea along with so many others.

[quote name="kville" post="853036" timestamp="1285097747"]
I would have loved to have seen one unified gesture of rememberance but so many people want to express their respects in so many different ways. I cant help but to wonder what kind of comfort it is to his family to see all of the out pouring of love, respect and admiration that all of the surrounding communities are showing. You have a great idea along with so many others.
[/quote]

You are so correct Kville.The surrounding communities have been nothing short of amazing.

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="853016" timestamp="1285096579"]
I had a thought with all the tribues to Reggie that are being planned and carried out I had an idea. What if every team with a grass field left off just one of the 10 yard marking numbers on their field this week and put 12 on the 12 yard line instead?

Just thought it would be a remembrance that every team and fan could participate in and thought I would put it out before field prepartion got started.
[/quote]i like it

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="853016" timestamp="1285096579"]

[/quote]

This is a great idea I think you would have to get permission from the UIL to do so. Now dont get me wrong I believe that would be a great thing to do. Now I could be wrong about the UIL so if anyone knows if theres a rule of some sort let me know.

The senior football players from Evadale did all the field prep yesterday for homecoming. They did not mark the 12 yard line, but they did put #12 in each corner of the end zone. 10'X10' blue squares with white #12 over the top of the blue. It is very classy and it looks great. I also saw the #12 stickers on the back of the helmets yesterday.

To all of WOS our prayers will be with you tonight. It will be a difficult night as the Friday night lights will be burning for a differnt reason toninght. All of SETX has been touched by this young man's life and we all wish that in this time of grief that you can continue to heal and move on. To the players, you can never forget something like this, but you can move forward and use the example of this fine young man as a guide for your own lives.

To all of SETX, this past week has once again shown some of the very best from our area. The response has been great and I am sure that in every stadium tonight there will be a little bit of Reggie in all of our hearts. His was a life cut to short, but it will be a life that is long remembered!

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="853534" timestamp="1285166420"]
I also had thought maybe every QB in the Golden Triangle wearing the number 12 during this Fridays games. This too would be hard to get done. Probably impossible, but would be a unifying gesture of respect.
[/quote]I know PNG is !

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="854951" timestamp="1285336399"]
The senior football players from Evadale did all the field prep yesterday for homecoming. They did not mark the 12 yard line, but they did put #12 in each corner of the end zone. 10'X10' blue squares with white #12 over the top of the blue. It is very classy and it looks great. I also saw the #12 stickers on the back of the helmets yesterday.

To all of WOS our prayers will be with you tonight. It will be a difficult night as the Friday night lights will be burning for a differnt reason toninght. All of SETX has been touched by this young man's life and we all wish that in this time of grief that you can continue to heal and move on. To the players, you can never forget something like this, but you can move forward and use the example of this fine young man as a guide for your own lives.

To all of SETX, this past week has once again shown some of the very best from our area. The response has been great and I am sure that in every stadium tonight there will be a little bit of Reggie in all of our hearts. His was a life cut to short, but it will be a life that is long remembered!
[/quote]

Great post Rebel.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder