BEST RB's ....Kirbyville / Bridge City...POLL

Kville_Kats

Who do you think has the best and talented running backs.  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think has the best and talented running backs.

• KIRBYVILLE
    • BRIDGE CITY

Guest rykerx144
Menard is the best at the role he has at Bridge City. Ford is the best at the role he has in the Kville offense.  If you are comparing the two as athletes and potential then I think its Ford easy.  The combinaton of backs in the Kville backfield is what makes them so tough.  Bridge City has a good backfield but no where near the talent Kville does.  Kville has a tough 123 punch and Im afraid Menard would find himself in the 3 spot or maybe even 4th if he was with Kville.  Just my opinion, and It could be changed Friday, but I dont see it!!

[quote name="rykerx144" post="846246" timestamp="1284383961"]
Menard is the best at the role he has at Bridge City. Ford is the best at the role he has in the Kville offense.  If you are comparing the two as athletes and potential then I think its Ford easy.  The combinaton of backs in the Kville backfield is what makes them so tough.  Bridge City has a good backfield but no where near the talent Kville does.  Kville has a tough 123 punch and Im afraid Menard would find himself in the 3 spot or maybe even 4th if he was with Kville.  Just my opinion, and It could be changed Friday, but I dont see it!!
[/quote]

Yep..apples with apples and oranges with oranges.... ;)

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="SgtRey" post="846363" timestamp="1284391443"]
I've seen Menard play...there isn't too many people that run harder...
[/quote]

have you seen Ford Haywood or Ervine play?

This is silly. It's a poll about running backs. People, Menard does play the QB position, if you did not know. ::)

I disagree with you rykerx. I have seen Menard, Ford and the other two backs for Kirbyville. If Menard plays runningback, he is second to only Ford, he would not be behind those other two.

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="A Bear's Bear" post="846796" timestamp="1284426348"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=72922.msg846246#msg846246 date=1284383961]
Im afraid Menard would find himself in the 3 spot or maybe even 4th if he was with Kville.  [/quote]
Nope, he'd find himself in the qb spot
[/quote] 

you are probably correct there!  Can you image how good he would be if he had a Ford or Haywood behind him?

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="846812" timestamp="1284426897"]
This is silly. It's a poll about running backs. People, Menard does play the QB position, if you did not know. ::)

I disagree with you rykerx. I have seen Menard, Ford and the other two backs for Kirbyville. If Menard plays runningback, he is second to only Ford, he would not be behind those other two.
[/quote]

ill give you Ervine but when did you see Haywood play?  Haywood has developed into a back just in the past few weeks.  If you are talking about the injured Haywood from the scrimmage dont hang your hat on that! 

[quote name="rykerx144" post="846868" timestamp="1284429701"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=72922.msg846812#msg846812 date=1284426897]

[/quote]

ill give you Ervine but when did you see Haywood play?  Haywood has developed into a back just in the past few weeks.  If you are talking about the injured Haywood from the scrimmage dont hang your hat on that! 
[/quote]

I still take Menard second behind Ford. I know about Haywood, he had shoulder surgery over the summer, just got back a week or so ago.

Guest blackflag
Kirbyvilles RB's are alot better. Bridge City was trying their hardest to score more points against Vidor in the second half [ going for it on fourth down and calling timeouts when they already had a significant lead ] . Kirbyville let up and could have put 50 up on the Pirates easily and possibly 60. Not taking anything away from Bridge City but Kirbyville is bigger and faster than Bridge City. You need to also remember that Kirbyville does not run the spread and their RB's work for their yardage. Its alot easier to run out of the spread than it is to run out of Kirbyvilles offense. Thats what I based my opinion on.

[/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[/quote]

Menard is a QB this year, he has been a running back from 7th grade thru his Sophomore year with a little QB mixed in. But, you know as well as I do that a Spread QB is a little of both.

As for your assessment about him and Ford, I agree. I said in the other thread that I thought the backfields are COMPARABLE. Ford is big and fast, but so is Menard and in my opinion, I think Menard runs a little harder. I think Ford has a MUCH better supporting cast. At least over the last few years he has. Carpenter is also a big hard runner and Dishon has the speed.

No one can really make a fair assessment of these kids unless they are running behind the same lines. Unless BC's has drastically improved, I think this is where Kville wins this game. If you take BC's "Three Headed Monster" and switched teams, Kville still wins, IMO.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="846886" timestamp="1284430648"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=72922.msg846868#msg846868 date=1284429701]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=72922.msg846812#msg846812 date=1284426897]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I still take Menard second behind Ford. I know about Haywood, he had shoulder surgery over the summer, just got back a week or so ago.
[/quote]

Ervine had the shoulder surgery along with Ford.  Haywood has been good to go all spring and summer.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hulmeyolmu
    Newest Member
    hulmeyolmu