Houston Sterling at Beaumont Ozen Game Thread/Ozen Wins/Comments

WOSgrad

I attended this game.  Ozen could have Blown this one open and ran up the score...  Sterling had no answer for Ozen's pasing attack. Green is smart with the football and was throwing pinpoint passes on the run... If he can only  stay in the pocket and look at all his receivers... Ozen's running game will need work.  Many times, the RB's bounce to the outside and end up going backwards trying to get around defenders and lose yards... On defense, Ozen needs work in the middle.  Sterling Moved the ball running right in the middle but Sterling went away from that and tried to run to the outside.. Not a good idea...  Ozen's defense was too fast and always caught a sterling player when we went east to west.  Keys for Ozen.. Stay with what works.. The passing game is nice..  Stay with it!  

Overall, Good game for Ozen... Good confidence boost.  Ozen will be a playoff team this year.  

I was at the game last night and what I saw was an ozen team from the past (play off teams) but with a defense that makes plays... they have skill guys who can score at any minute.. the 70 yard punt return from the soph. #1 jones was amazing and he isnt even a starter..  the qb looks better each week and the lil guy #7 took a lil screen pass for about 50 yards.. i like what i see and it can only get better going into district play against teams who can match their speed... the defense seems to be solid enough to hold each district team in check with there overall speed i like these panthers...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="844277" timestamp="1284182155"]
I attended this game.  Ozen could have Blown this one open and ran up the score...  Sterling had no answer for Ozen's pasing attack. Green is smart with the football and was throwing pinpoint passes on the run... If he can only  stay in the pocket and look at all his receivers... [b]Ozen's running game will need work.[/b]  Many times, the RB's bounce to the outside and end up going backwards trying to get around defenders and lose yards... On defense, Ozen needs work in the middle.  Sterling Moved the ball running right in the middle but Sterling went away from that and tried to run to the outside.. Not a good idea...  Ozen's defense was too fast and always caught a sterling player when we went east to west.  Keys for Ozen.. Stay with what works.. The passing game is nice..  Stay with it!  

Overall, Good game for Ozen... Good confidence boost.  Ozen will be a playoff team this year.  
[/quote]
I don't know what game u were at , but the panther had over 200 yds rushing last night and just one bad snap which is an improvement.

I expected more.  The gaps and holes were there.  Ozen's RB's don't go north to south.  Try to go east to west all the time.  and when trying to get around the corner, he goes backwards instead of up the field.  Ozen could have had 300+ yards in this game... Now, their passing game is on point though...

You're absolutely right Ozen passing game is awesome. Green does a great job of protecting the football. Few, DB's will be able to cover all of the Ozen receivers. They all have the ability, to catch the ball and take it to the house.

The running game needs more work,however Sullivan,Jones and Bolton showed they are capable of handling the responsiblity. I agree the defense needs to tackle better and fill the gaps. The secondary gets a B+ from me. Zenn,Brown,Blackman and Bellard are all play makers. LET'S GO PANTHERS, IT'S OUR TIME !

big Tank I wld like to meet you one day......seem to me that u really know football! I was also at the game and the panthers running game did improve a bunch from the first two weeks. The oline is really starting to play well( from the stands they look massive and quick).in my opinion ozen has two of the best backs in the district in jackson(who didnt play due to injury) and sullivan and the two young backups are pretty good as well. give that team a lil time and they will surprise alot of people.....maybee the next games i wnt be able to actually lay on the stands cause we will actually have other fans sitting around me.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder