*LUMBERTON vs. SILSBEE Broadcast /Lumberton Wins 21-14

AggiesAreWe

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="tpriddy" post="843899" timestamp="1284173796"]
1:55 left 4th down for Lumberton after good run by Hughes. 4th and 5 at silsbee 21. KICK A FG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come On. They are going for it.
[/quote]

Not smart play calling coach! As much as we have been fumbling and not converting on 4th down...too easy to kick a FG.

Raiders win....21-14.

Lumberton did get the Win

But #9 for Silsbee sure did make Lumberton's defense look silly
Especially when Silsbee passed the ball to #9 and scored a TD on an alley-opp pass play
Then Silsbee did the same play again to get the 2 extra points  :D

I can tell you that nobody on Lumberton’s team could out jump #9 or out run him for that matter

But Silsbee got into a bind in the 1st half by slopy mistakes and could not get out of it

which resulted in a Lumberton Win  :'(

Congrats Lumberton

Boogie.....ya should have been at the game.  You might have a dif view on Silsbees D.  They made a few stops tonight....for being on the field that long....not bad.  How many times have you seen a team just lay down after being down 21-0?  Silsbee didnt. Can they play better? Yes.  Will they play better? Yes.  Did the D have a good second half? Yes.  They showed a tad bit of heart tonight and I enjoyed watching it.

Coop....You know as well as everyone.....Silsbee always gets better as the year goes on.  This year will not be different than years past.....one thing different.....Silsbee plays WOS later in the season than normal. ;)

Simple things that can be fixed for Silsbee.  I am not worried at all....I saw a team start to shape.  (Dont get me wrong. I hate a Loss.)

Good job Lumberton.  You came ready to play.

#14  You had a good game tonight.  I dont post a bunch about you but.....man  good game.  

Good Game Lumberton Raiders.

A few observations:

1)  Aain, second Game where Rhone is cramping badly.  I feel something is wrong here and on a
second note is interrupting Silsbee's offense with in and out play.  Hope he solves issue though as he
is an excellent athlete.

2)  I was bored stiff with Silsbee's offense.  3 Rushers most of the night and couldnt get off
a pass play, unless it was a screen, without Daniels getting hit.  Horrible blocking.  Poor preparation.
Lumberton came with a plan and stuck to it.   The result was a steady boring game plan but was effective for a win.

3)  Defense stayed on field the "Whole" first half.  To come out and hold Lumberton to 0 points was
something.  Good job D.  Will come in handy later in season.

Just my two cents.  Save it or spend it.  

[quote name="Silsbee92" post="844189" timestamp="1284179771"]
Good Game Lumberton Raiders.

A few observations:

1)  Aain, second Game where Rhone is cramping badly.  I feel something is wrong here and on a
second note is interrupting Silsbee's offense with in and out play.  Hope he solves issue though as he
is an excellent athlete.

2)  I was bored stiff with Silsbee's offense.  3 Rushers most of the night and couldnt get off
a pass play, unless it was a screen, without Daniels getting hit.  Horrible blocking.  Poor preparation.
Lumberton came with a plan and stuck to it.   The result was a steady boring game plan but was effective for a win.

3)  Defense stayed on field the "Whole" first half.  To come out and hold Lumberton to 0 points was
something.  Good job D.  Will come in handy later in season.

Just my two cents.  [b]Save it or spend it[/b].  
[/quote]

How about I save one penny and spend the other? ;D

My comments along with stats are coming.

Dang. Silsbee didn't win. First quarter was turnovers. Two for Silsbee, one on the six yard line and one for Lumberton with a blocked punt. Second quarter was all Lumberton (21 points) and very little Silsbee (8 points), wow #39 is the real deal for Lumberton. Lumberton leaned heavy on him and he carried them. Third quarter was all Silsbee defense. Silsbee offence found light and scored a TD. The fourth quarter nether offence could get going only Lumberton got a little going to end the game. I really thought Lumberton was going to run away with the game but Silsbee's defense was able to stop them and shut them out in the second half but the damage was already done. Lumberton did a good job of switching there defense from a three man front the a four man front, and changing there blitzing up every play. Silsbee found a flaw in there defense in the third quarter and scored a TD but half way though the fourth quarter Silsbee starting running out of gas as Lumberton had more players to move  in and out of there line up. That turnover on the six yard line in the first quarter for Silsbee really came into play as that was the difference in the ball game. Good job and congrats Lumberton on a very hard fought game. Good luck next game. Regroup Silsbee and get ready for next week. Going to the Piney Woods NEWTON! Go Tigers!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont