Best D in the SETX area

[quote name="scooter!" post="836786" timestamp="1283432032"]
http://panews.com/sports/x373694223/Lets-out-Titans-defense

[/quote]

Silsbee defense did give up 7 points (Waltrip also got a safety) but Waltrip only had 64 yards of total offense, -2 rushing, 66 passing. ;)

Central did gain 124 yards of offense. ;D

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="836865" timestamp="1283441791"]
I'm telling you that Memorial is the real deal this year guys. Big and fast.
[/quote]

First sign of turbulence and they fold up shop though in the past.
They always have the talent.
Let's hope they can come up with the required composure under stressful situations to reach their potential.

I don't know about the best defense in SE Texas, but maybe the best Defensive Coordinator in SE Texas.
Look at his very, very, impressive resume:

Nelson Barnes will return as defensive line coach and will serve as defensive coordinator. The 51-year-old Alvin native has 25 years of coaching experience, including varsity defensive stops at four Big 12 schools -- Texas, Nebraska, Kansas State and most recently for three years at Oklahoma State.

That is very impressive, especially for a High School Defensive Coordinator.  No doubt he has seen a lot in the Big 12 and has been a part of a lot of schemes to stop Big 12 teams.  I think he was the D-Line coach at Texas, and he has had some good D-linemen to work with at Texas.

I agree, that Memorial has always had the talent, but they needed the right Head Coach and Coaching Staff.  However, Memorial has lost some talent over the last couple of years due to the hurricanes.  After Katrina, Rita, and especially Ike, several players moved and attended PNG and mostly Nederland.  Even with the loss of those players they have still had talent, but you include those players and they would have been a much better team with more depth.

It's too early to say who has the best D in SE Texas, after only 1 game. Let's see after about week 5 or 6.  However, looking at the Titans defensive personnel, and talent, I would have to put them at, or very near, the top.

Barnes and the other recent hire on defense made the Titans more agressive on D.  You may catch a pass on the DB's but you get tackled right there.  No YAC so far in a scrimmage and 1 game.  They have the potential to go into district 5-0 if they get passed Aldine High....

Again, good hires on defense plus good work during the summer....

[quote name="atb63" post="836950" timestamp="1283451456"]
I don't know about the best defense in SE Texas, but maybe the best Defensive Coordinator in SE Texas.

Nelson Barnes will return as defensive line coach and will serve as defensive coordinator. The 51-year-old Alvin native has 25 years of coaching experience, including varsity defensive stops at four Big 12 schools -- Texas, Nebraska, Kansas State and most recently for three years at Oklahoma State.

That is very impressive, especially for a High School Defensive Coordinator.  No doubt he has seen a lot in the Big 12 and has been a part of a lot of schemes to stop Big 12 teams.  I think he was the D-Line coach at Texas, and he has had some good D-linemen to work with at Texas.

I agree, that Memorial has always had the talent, but they needed the right Head Coach and Coaching Staff.  However, Memorial has lost some talent over the last couple of years due to the hurricanes.  After Katrina, Rita, and especially Ike, several players moved and attended PNG and mostly Nederland.  Even with the loss of those players they have still had talent, but you include those players and they would have been a much better team with more depth.

It's too early to say who has the best D in SE Texas, after only 1 game. Let's see after about week 5 or 6.  However, looking at the Titans defensive personnel, and talent, I would have to put them at, or very near, the top.
[/quote]

When did Barnes coach at Texas? ??? ???

[quote name="bulldogbacker" post="836963" timestamp="1283454390"]
[quote author=atb63 link=topic=72340.msg836950#msg836950 date=1283451456]

[/quote]

When did Barnes coach at Texas? ??? ???
[/quote]

http://www.okstate.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/080706aag.html

[quote name="True Blue" post="837074" timestamp="1283475289"]
I know they are not in the same league as Sils. And PA and the bigger schools but I dont see anyone in their Dist. scoring on Evadale this year. They have 9 Sr that play and at a 1a school that is huge. They will get tested when they play Deweyville this week and Trinty next week.
[/quote]
They are in the same leauge High School, there just isn't as many of them on the sideline

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124