Dayton at Fort Bend Elkins/Elkins wins 8-3

[quote name="dayton" post="832469" timestamp="1282963100"]
had to listen to this on the radio. Fantastic punting by carranco and good job D! Offense will get it going.

good job Broncos!

90PNGNDN
I think Elkins is pretty big up front and typically score a bunch of points. Some folks think they'll win that dist. I think that final is pretty respectable.
[/quote]

Gotcha..I didn't know if they were good or not..I'm not even sure where that is lol.  I knew that yall were supposed to be good this year.  It's early so I'm sure yall will make adjustments ....all that matters is how your playing when District rolls around anyhow.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="90PNGNDN" post="832486" timestamp="1282963367"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=71986.msg832469#msg832469 date=1282963100]
had to listen to this on the radio. Fantastic punting by carranco and good job D! Offense will get it going.

good job Broncos!

90PNGNDN
I think Elkins is pretty big up front and typically score a bunch of points. Some folks think they'll win that dist. I think that final is pretty respectable.
[/quote]

Gotcha..I didn't know if they were good or not..I'm not even sure where that is lol.  I knew that yall were supposed to be good this year.  It's early so I'm sure yall will make adjustments ....[b]all that matters is how your playing when District rolls around anyhow.[/b][/quote]

No doubt about that. I'll say one thing... from what I heard on the radio, our D is far from avg. I'll take that at this point in the season. We've got some strong skill positions and I have no doubt we'll put up plenty of points this year. I did read that Elkins' coach said he had some high expectations for that D. I can't wait till someone who went to the game posts. Listening in the first half, we had a couple runs that were one step away from TD's but Elkins made nice plays to prevent that.

Bronco's will still be a good team, but there fans just think way to highly of them IMO. Elkins is a predicted 3rd place finisher in their 5A district! Not a bad showing for the Bronco's I picked Elkins by 14 and yall held them to 8! If they can hold IKE that will be impressive

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschoolsports/results.html?site=default&mkt=&Season=2010&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=74982&TeamID=144&SearchType=Teams

Pretty evenly played game. The difference? Like Old Rock said, 3/3 in the fumble column.

I hate to be bragging about punting but... check it out...  :o that can be a game changer too!

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="dayton" post="832607" timestamp="1282965199"]
[quote author=jhamilton link=topic=71986.msg832596#msg832596 date=1282965016]
???
[/quote]

what's the question?
[/quote]

The question is what happen? What do you think a ? means?

[quote name="jhamilton" post="832613" timestamp="1282965273"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=71986.msg832607#msg832607 date=1282965199]
[quote author=jhamilton link=topic=71986.msg832596#msg832596 date=1282965016]
???
[/quote]

what's the question?
[/quote]

The question is what happen? What do you think a ? means?
[/quote]

you could've been referring to my post..... I assumed you had read it. I think the mixture of a good Elkins team and the Broncos putting the ball on the turf too much happened. ;)

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="dayton" post="832667" timestamp="1282966159"]
[quote author=jhamilton link=topic=71986.msg832657#msg832657 date=1282965934]
Old well at least your player Hererra got the play of the week on channel two. [b]Dayton has what many lack and that is coaching[/b]. Good luck.
[/quote]

wow... what a goofball. Sounds like you have a personal issue with someone that's getting in the way of common sense. ::)  

Old well... ??
[/quote]

Say what? Turn your tube on and check out Randy Mac and he just selected your kid as the play of the week............... Long pass from qb to your wr? Put some glasses on and grow a brain cell.

[quote name="jhamilton" post="832680" timestamp="1282966333"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=71986.msg832667#msg832667 date=1282966159]
[quote author=jhamilton link=topic=71986.msg832657#msg832657 date=1282965934]
Old well at least your player Hererra got the play of the week on channel two. [b]Dayton has what many lack and that is coaching[/b]. Good luck.
[/quote]

wow... what a goofball. Sounds like you have a personal issue with someone that's getting in the way of common sense. ::)  

Old well... ??
[/quote]

Say what? Turn your tube on and check out Randy Mac and he just selected your kid as the play of the week............... Long pass from qb to your wr? Put some glasses on and grow a brain cell.
[/quote]

I misread one of your posts.... my bad. Poor reading on my part. I thought you had slammed dayton's coaching. I'm obviously up too late. :D

Elkins was huge, and they were fast, Dayton had way too many fumbles, the one cost us 6 points. I think the drive that Elkins scored on Dayton held them but a roughing the passer gave them a first down. Dayton's defense is bad a**

[quote name="Matt" post="832769" timestamp="1282968165"]
Elkins was huge, and they were fast, Dayton had way too many fumbles, the one cost us 6 points. I think the drive that Elkins scored on Dayton held them but a roughing the passer gave them a first down. Dayton's defense is bad a**
[/quote]

I didn't get to go.... very winnable game in your eyes?

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="dayton" post="832774" timestamp="1282968254"]
[quote author=Matt link=topic=71986.msg832769#msg832769 date=1282968165]
[/quote]

I didn't get to go.... very winnable game in your eyes?
[/quote]

Not real sure but the left handed qb that they had was pretty good. Dayton will get better as the season goes along. Sometimes they start slow but as you know Coach S will have them peaking when it counts. I hope they peak when they get to Friendswood.  ;D

dayton out played elkins and should have won the game.  the game plan was great, but the fumbles interrupt the plan.first game against a quality team and dayton really prevailed.  hope they had no injuries and i do not think that they did.  if they can go into the district race healthy, with this pre season schedule,  they will be awesome.

Video is going on my computer now...
Was unable to get pressbox level video this time, we are working on a solution...
Toups Graphics Review of the game....
Key part of the game....
Dayton is driving in the third quarter, Jakari is one step away from breaking into the endzone around the 18 yard line, and a good tackle results in a fumble that is recovered in the endzone by the Knights.  Dayton forces a third and 14 and that is when the roughing the passer on an incomplete pass results.  The Knights then march down the field for a TD.  All yardage gained by passes to the right side of the field, in basically the same spot, the TD pass was a pump and go route, the reciever got behind the secondary and a good pass resulted in the only TD of the game.
Dayton's secondary is AWEsome this year!  Dayton's defense is the complete package.  Take out the scoring drive, I don't think Elkins had over eight first downs.
Toups Graphics player of the game is Juan Carranco.  What a punting exhibition.  I think he had four or five punts inside the ten yard line.  One of them was about a seventy yard punt.
The Knights might have one of the best defenses Dayton plays all year.  Jakari would have broke three runs for a TD against other teams, but #5 on Elkins (the safety) played an AWEsome game and forced two of the fumbles.  Not many highlights in this defensive game, but I will have them up around noon tomorrow.  I will also update my toupsgraphics website tomorrow morning.  Congrats to all the teams that won tonight. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124