Bulldogs starting QB out for Friday's contest vs WOS

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember when, but at sometime during the scrimmage I commented to a couple of coaches working the time devices how he seemed very tentative walking back to the huddle after a play and breaking the huddle. Once the ball was snapped he seemed fine, but almost immediately after the play walked almost stiff legged.

I watched him leave the field after everyone else had after having come down from the pressbox. He was walking very stiff-kneed at that point. If he wasn't injured prior to the scrimmage, then it had to be during the early part of the contest. IMO.

Both teams had most of their offensive starters in for most of the scrimmage. If he didn't play the whole scrimmage then the sub got about one or two possessions and they weren't very long possessions, either.

This was not a ROUTINE scrimmage. This was a tune-up for the regular season with both staffs trying to fine-tune their regular season product. So for those of you who say, "it was just a scrimmage," evidently were not there.

Also, I was disappointed in the lack of fans from Nederland who were not there. This was a Saturday evening affair and as such should have been better represented by both towns, IMO.

OOOps, my bad, it was a Friday night. Golly gee these days and nights run together this time of year.

[quote name="Mike George" post="829085" timestamp="1282510398"]
Both teams had most of their offensive starters in for most of the scrimmage. If he didn't play the whole scrimmage then the sub got about one or two possessions and they weren't very long possessions, either.

This was not a ROUTINE scrimmage. This was a tune-up for the regular season with both staffs trying to fine-tune their regular season product. So for those of you who say, "it was just a scrimmage," evidently were not there.

Also, I was disappointed in the lack of fans from Nederland who were not there. This was a Saturday evening affair and as such should have been better represented by both towns, IMO.
[/quote]

They played on Friday.

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="829105" timestamp="1282512477"]
[quote author=KFDM COOP link=topic=71915.msg829083#msg829083 date=1282510115]
He finished the scrimmage this past week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Coop, with the exclamation marks, u think Coach Nuemann is trying pull a fast one ?
[/quote] Dont know Admin.  8)  We asked him to be on the Sports Xtra show tonight and he couldn't make it. We'll see soon.

Guest GCMPats
Having a son who played last year with this type of sprain, we were told it was an injury that would only limit you based on your tolerence for discomfort.

The kid was already wearing two knee braces and looked very "gimpy".

[quote name="Roughrider" post="829259" timestamp="1282529211"]
Raines will be the next in line. He will be just fine. He works harder and is the future of the Dogs. When someone thinks he is bigger than the program, it is not that big of a loss. There is no room for laziness on a football team.

I am sure this will get erased.........Whatever
[/quote] ???

[quote name="scooter!" post="829262" timestamp="1282529505"]
[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=71915.msg829259#msg829259 date=1282529211]
Raines will be the next in line. He will be just fine. He works harder and is the future of the Dogs. When someone thinks he is bigger than the program, it is not that big of a loss. There is no room for laziness on a football team.

I am sure this will get erased.........Whatever
[/quote] ???
[/quote] ??? ???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01