DAYTON BRONCO'S vs FORT BEND ELKINS

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="831827" timestamp="1282924658"]
[quote author=Backflipper link=topic=71913.msg831818#msg831818 date=1282924115]
Football season is back and every year there is some guy that dont have a clue just predicting that someone scores 50 on the Bronc's.. (not gonna happen). Yall keep those updates coming tonight because I am on the road and its killin' me not to be there when Elkins tries that first run play and Ripkowski makes the RB blow snot bubbles.. Get em Broncs
p.s. I just flicked a booger on Hardcore's post, now I just realized its on my own computer.. I gotta get a paper towel
[/quote]
Come on now Backflipper, you know someone is gonna score 50 on the Broncs.....uuuuh when does basketball start anyway?  ;)
[/quote]

Basketball starts for the Bronco's 3 weeks after the Crosby Cougars and two weeks after Friendswood start basketball. Hopefully about the same time that Lumberton starts.

[quote name="lh_dave" post="831844" timestamp="1282925942"]
all the Matthews are brothers...2 have graduated, 2 are playing now, and there is also another one in about 5th or 6th grade...
[b]and Elkins is the Knights, not the Elks[/b]
[/quote]

;D
I've been meaning to post that.

I say they are the elks for all intents and purposes.  Anyway, I'd be willing to bet that Dayton has some of the strongest players in the state.  I've heard rumors that the LB Rip has tossed up a 5 spot on bench.  Can anyone confirm?

courtesy of bronco1

JV
Elkins 20
Dayton 18
Hail Mary with 17 seconds, to win it.

Freshman
Dayton 30
Elkins 8

Looks like the two programs are not as far apart as hum398 seems to think.

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="831865" timestamp="1282928064"]
I say they are the elks for all intents and purposes.  Anyway, I'd be willing to bet that Dayton has some of the strongest players in the state.  [b]I've heard rumors that the LB Rip has tossed up a 5 spot on bench.[/b]  Can anyone confirm?

courtesy of bronco1

JV
Elkins 20
Dayton 18
Hail Mary with 17 seconds, to win it.

Freshman
Dayton 30
Elkins 8

Looks like the two programs are not as far apart as hum398 seems to think.
[/quote]

that's true, saw it myself.... He's also power cleaned 365... and squatted over 600.

I know being freakishly strong doesn't make you a good football player. But, he is a good one.

These kids are amazing these days.  In my day, if you benched 300 you got your name on the wall.  500 lbs is really remarkable.  And power cleaning 365?  Wow. 

Here's an idea. Whenever the broncos get to the goal line we could just put him behind the running back and let him push the whole pile into the endzone.

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="831886" timestamp="1282930566"]
These kids are amazing these days.  In my day, if you benched 300 you got your name on the wall.  500 lbs is really remarkable.  And power cleaning 365?  Wow. 

Here's an idea. Whenever the broncos get to the goal line we could just put him behind the running back and let him push the whole pile into the endzone.
[/quote]

forget that.... give him the rock!!!

[quote name="Backflipper" post="831895" timestamp="1282931772"]
How big is Rip? height/weight? Benching 500 is unheard of in HS.. I remember my senior year when I put up 185 and I was stoked. I dont think we even had a guy on the team that put up 3 bills. Has he talked college yet?
[/quote]

Rivals.com has him listed at 6'2" 240.... He competed in the 242lb class in powerlifting (silver medalist at state I believe). I'm pretty sure he's heavier than that now and the height seems pretty close...

Not sure what's up on the college front. He's only been at LB last year and this year. I think he's made some big strides since last season. We'll start to find out tonight I suppose.

Also, look out for #34 Joe Duff as well.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="831919" timestamp="1282934042"]
The only way I could watch another team (other than the Broncos) on opening night is if......well I guess there is no way. Next week is open for Dayton so maybe I''ll check out the cougars then.
[/quote]

iTS HARD NOT TO BE THERe TONIGHT, HAS GOTTEN HARDER OVER THE YEARS, BUT THANK GOODNESS FOR THE INTErWEB, SO i CAN PICK THEM UP ANYWHERE.

[quote name="HUM398" post="831835" timestamp="1282925150"]
[quote author=mikehoncho link=topic=71913.msg831830#msg831830 date=1282924900]

I'm open to predictions...but not when the conflict with mine...

[/quote]

ok.

Well, then ill take your homerism with a grain of salt.
[/quote]

but you're definitely wrong this time...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hawedex
    Newest Member
    hawedex