DAYTON BRONCO'S vs FORT BEND ELKINS

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="829191" timestamp="1282522064"]
[quote author=Mike George link=topic=71913.msg829146#msg829146 date=1282517760]
http://elkinsfootball.com/schedule.php 

Here is the football site - it goes to the schedule which shows 2010. If you click on roster, it evidently shows last year's roster. There is an article in today's Ft. Bend Sun that refers to Burkhalter as a junior which if correct nullifies the roster on this site as 2010's as it shows him as a So.

http://www.hcnonline.com/articles/2010/08/22//fort_bend_sun/sports//fb_prev_-_elkins_knights.txt

That being the case, the younger Matthews will have his work cut out for him.
[/quote]

Skip the links, do the mature thing and say that Dayton is gonna poop on FT BEND Elkins.  Ya' know, keep it classy.
[/quote] I always prefer the straight poop on things classy is overrated -

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Mike Matthews, Jake graduated. Elkins returns a lot of guys at the skilled postitions, but Jordan Jolly was their main offensive weapon last year. Burkhalter is the real deal, he went down with an injury in Week 7 I believe and Elkins put WR Jolly at QB for most of the snaps. They have a pretty good O-line, a Pro style QB, and return two quality QB's so I expect their passing game to be pretty good. The question mark is Defense, I think Dayton makes more stops than Elkins.....All of the Ft. Bend schools are loaded with athletes, it's coaching that holds them back.

[quote name="pe2009" post="829538" timestamp="1282592367"]
It's Mike Matthews, Jake graduated. Elkins returns a lot of guys at the skilled postitions, but Jordan Jolly was their main offensive weapon last year. Burkhalter is the real deal, he went down with an injury in Week 7 I believe and Elkins put WR Jolly at QB for most of the snaps. They have a pretty good O-line, a Pro style QB, and return to quality QB's so I expect their passing game to be pretty good. The question mark is Defense, I think Dayton makes more stops than Elkins.....All of the Ft. Bend schools are loaded with athletes, it's coaching that holds them back.
[/quote]

good post

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="829542" timestamp="1282592710"]
[quote author=pe2009 link=topic=71913.msg829538#msg829538 date=1282592367]
It's Mike Matthews, Jake graduated. Elkins returns a lot of guys at the skilled postitions, but Jordan Jolly was their main offensive weapon last year. Burkhalter is the real deal, he went down with an injury in Week 7 I believe and Elkins put WR Jolly at QB for most of the snaps. They have a pretty good O-line, a Pro style QB, and return to quality QB's so I expect their passing game to be pretty good. The question mark is Defense, I think Dayton makes more stops than Elkins.....All of the Ft. Bend schools are loaded with athletes, it's coaching that holds them back.
[/quote]

good post
[/quote]
Typo...I meant two quality Wr's, not QB's

Both r/h thus far lol.Means he'll never see D.Wright in time from the blind side.Check it out-point your index finger at an object w/your right eye covered by your hand,ok keep pointing and cover your left eye-did the object move?If it did then that's not your dominant eye.

Guest octfeb
[quote name="Hawkeye" post="829993" timestamp="1282672676"]
Fowler will definitely be the go-to-guy. And having a nice running game too, will only make him more dangerous. I'm excited about this bunch too! Friday can't get here soon enough.
[/quote]Me either.. Im so excited... AND from the looks of the poll the game will be featured on Friday Night Frenzy on Channel 2.. Will be recording it...

Guest octfeb
[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="830018" timestamp="1282674910"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=71913.msg830013#msg830013 date=1282674583]
Tyrone, y'all make sure you bring plenty of toilet paper for that poop! :D
[/quote]

I think everybody is going to pack crosby district champ sweatsuits for that very reason.
[/quote] :D :D :D

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="830018" timestamp="1282674910"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=71913.msg830013#msg830013 date=1282674583]
Tyrone, y'all make sure you bring plenty of toilet paper for that poop! :D
[/quote]

I think everybody is going to pack crosby district champ sweatsuits for that very reason.
[/quote]

True, true.

[quote name="jayhawk" post="830598" timestamp="1282752563"]
 Our secondary will be key in this game - will they pass the test -
[/quote]

you've been pretty  tough on the secondary...

I remember the busts, but I also remember some bright spots. Inparticular... Shivers #84 broke up two passes at least against a much taller Roberts from WOS (UH commit I believe)... Q. williams has had a couple break ups as well. To me those are good signs... it seems we don't usually get a lot of those early in the year.  

[quote name="dayton" post="830601" timestamp="1282753188"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=71913.msg830598#msg830598 date=1282752563]
  Our secondary will be key in this game - will they pass the test -
[/quote]

you've been pretty  tough on the secondary...

I reme mber the busts, but I also remember some bright spots. Innparticular... Shivers #84 broke up two passes at least against a much taller Roberts from WOS (UH commit I believe)... Q. williams has had a couple as well. To me those are good signs... it seems we don't usually get a lot of those early in the year. 
[/quote] Yeah maybe alittle tough - not being cynical though just a little concerned - that's no easy task gong against the fastest athletes and I'm glad we went up against two spread teams in scrimage. I like  how fast the Bronco's have progressed thus far friday will be a good test.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder