First and 15
Inc pass
Inc pass
Pushing and shoving after play. Lee gets called for retaliating
Personal foul
1st and 0 angleton at 40
Diggs up middle for 60 and a td
Dang he's fast

Angleton was scoring again as I was walking out of the stadium.
It looks as though they were wearing down the Ganders there at the end.

Darrion Landry, WR/DB for the Ganders, got hurt and had his arm in a sling.  I hope he's ok.
I also did not see Josh Zellars playing, maybe I just missed him, but I don't think he played?

Angleton plays a very high risk style of defense.  Lee has four receivers, and Angleton would have 4 cb's in bump and run with Diggs playing centerfield.  The two outside linebackers both blitz off the corner on every single play.  Lee was able to hit a quick one or two up the middle with Keith Johnson squirting by that first wave.  Quandre Diggs is a difficult final man to get by though.  He laid the wood on Johnson on the play where Johnson fumbled.  Lee had a nice drive going up til that point.

Honestly, had this not been a scrimmage, I think Lee could have just thrown a fade to Jaevon Richardson every play and gotten a 25 yard gain or a 15 yard pass interference call.  There was no way the corner could contain him and there was no safety help out there. As it was, Richardson probably ended up with 7 catches for 110 yards.

The Angleton offense is a whole lot of #10(Diggs) and not much else.  He has a rifle for an arm and he has a couple of nice-sized receivers, but he just is not very accurate at all.  He rifles it right over their out-stretched arms a lot of times.  Diggs is extremely dangerous with the ball though.  He reminds me of Ced Cormier from North Shore in that the best play Angleton has is really the one where things breakdown and Diggs improvises.
I was pleasantly surprised that Lee was able to stop Angleton for the 20 or so plays of the controlled scrimmage that both first teams were out there.
As I said, Angleton was starting to wear on Lee as I left.  Diggs had the 60 yarder and #12 had about a 50 yard td.
I feel like if this were a real game, Angleton would have pulled away in the second half.  Once Lee got tired, Diggs is too fast to contain if you're tired.

I sure hope that Angleton really is the #6 team in the state, because Lee was standing in there toe to toe for the most part.  I just don't see it.  I think Angleton lost too much from last year's squad.

#1 for Angleton looks pretty stout too.  The middle linebacker #36 maybe, laid a couple of good licks up the middle.
Lee was not moving the ball very well, so don't get me wrong about that.
Angleton was stopping them left and right for the most part.  There were those few glimmers of hope though that Lee had.  Let's just say they looked much better than they did in the first scrimmage against Deer Park last year.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="828374" timestamp="1282360917"]
Angleton was scoring again as I was walking out of the stadium.
It looks as though they were wearing down the Ganders there at the end.

Darrion Landry, WR/DB for the Ganders, got hurt and had his arm in a sling.  I hope he's ok.
I also did not see Josh Zellars playing, maybe I just missed him, but I don't think he played?

Angleton plays a very high risk style of defense.  Lee has four receivers, and Angleton would have 4 cb's in bump and run with Diggs playing centerfield.  The two outside linebackers both blitz off the corner on every single play.  Lee was able to hit a quick one or two up the middle with Keith Johnson squirting by that first wave.  Quandre Diggs is a difficult final man to get by though.  He laid the wood on Johnson on the play where Johnson fumbled.  Lee had a nice drive going up til that point.

Honestly, had this not been a scrimmage, I think Lee could have just thrown a fade to Jaevon Richardson every play and gotten a 25 yard gain or a 15 yard pass interference call.  There was no way the corner could contain him and there was no safety help out there. As it was, Richardson probably ended up with 7 catches for 110 yards.

The Angleton offense is a whole lot of #10(Diggs) and not much else.  He has a rifle for an arm and he has a couple of nice-sized receivers, but he just is not very accurate at all.  He rifles it right over their out-stretched arms a lot of times.  Diggs is extremely dangerous with the ball though.  He reminds me of Ced Cormier from North Shore in that the best play Angleton has is really the one where things breakdown and Diggs improvises.
I was pleasantly surprised that Lee was able to stop Angleton for the 20 or so plays of the controlled scrimmage that both first teams were out there.
As I said, Angleton was starting to wear on Lee as I left.  Diggs had the 60 yarder and #12 had about a 50 yard td.
I feel like if this were a real game, Angleton would have pulled away in the second half.  Once Lee got tired, Diggs is too fast to contain if you're tired.

I sure hope that Angleton really is the #6 team in the state, because Lee was standing in there toe to toe for the most part.  I just don't see it.  I think Angleton lost too much from last year's squad.

#1 for Angleton looks pretty stout too.  The middle linebacker #36 maybe, laid a couple of good licks up the middle.
Lee was not moving the ball very well, so don't get me wrong about that.
Angleton was stopping them left and right for the most part.  There were those few glimmers of hope though that Lee had.  Let's just say they looked much better than they did in the first scrimmage against Deer Park last year.

[/quote]

Landry broke his wrist out for 7 weeks

[quote name="panamamyers" post="828485" timestamp="1282399608"]
Dang it.
He was really coming along too.
Any reason why Zellars and Franklin didnt play or did I just miss them?
[/quote]
josh is hurt he will be back next week

I think they are going to move up slim (dont know the kid real name) for the sterling game

Sounds good.
The fact they did so well without Josh and basically without Landry for the most part was encouraging.

Slim looked the part.  He just played like a freshman at times which is to be expected.  He held his own when they put him out there with the varsity.  The nickname certainly fits. 

Myron O'Neal also played pretty well when he got his chance.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami