*POST SCRIMMAGE COMMENTS HERE*

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest octfeb
[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="825608" timestamp="1281841732"]
No one wins scrimmages, ask AAW. 8)
[/quote] ok FINE! Dayton made a 24 and WOS made a ZERO  :D ;)

LCM scrimmaged Brazosport, not Brazoswood.  They played in Deer Park.

The offense looks very good for there 1st scrimmage, and the defense did well also.

Brazosport is a 5A school and went pretty deep in the playoffs last year, but you know how scrimmages are, trying to look at all the players.

They were dominating Brazosport pretty good.  LOOK OUT FOR THE BEARS IN 2010, as they will be a definite playoff contender.

LCM scrimmaged Brazoswood. I believe you are confused because Brazoswood is a part of Brazosport ISD.
Brazoswood is 5A and the school is made up of Clute, Lake Jackson, and Richwood. Brazosport is Freeport and they are 4A.
LCM looked very good.

[quote name="Bearclaw" post="825645" timestamp="1281848554"]
Sorry about that jg 
Thanks for clearing that up.  LCM looked very good.

[/quote]

Agreed.  It was very smart for Coach Crouch to go against such a heavily run-oriented team, considering that it was definately a weak spot last year.  For anybody who says 7 on 7 doesn't matter, I invite you to watch the game tape to see how good LCM's passing game look, especially considering that it was the first scrimmage of the year.

Yet they are still just a better version of last year's team; their strength is passing and defending the pass, their weakness is in on the ground. :'(

WOS will be fine. We were working on certain plays with certain people tonight. Still looking for people to fill the varsity roster. But for the most part our varsity players held there own against a really good 4a school in dayton! Our defense is gonna be very tough as always and im sure we wont see a offensive or defensive line that huge or good in 3a haha but we still got work to do, so we will see where we are thursday against vidor and go from there. But you can all count on dayton making a deep run this year!

Hardin at Kelly was a good scrimmage.  Kelly looks huge for Private school, really athletic,  #2 #15 and #22 are impressive.  Hardin looked better then I anticipated.  Each varsity squad scored x 2.    Hardin's JV scored twice, I don't remember Kelly's JV scoring.  Very HOT out there today.  Great field.  Good luck to both teams this year. 

[quote author=Bearclaw link=topic=71627.msg825635#msg825635 date=1281845796

They were dominating Brazosport pretty good.  LOOK OUT FOR THE BEARS IN 2010, as they will be a definite playoff contender.
[/quote]

Yeah, finishing the game situation with Brazosport having a score and LCM having NOTHING..sounds like a pretty dominating game for the cubbies. On the lossing end of 1-0, thats dominating? Yep, I think you guys are going to state.

HF -1
Deweyville - 0
Good work for both teams, HF much improved over last couple years, HF offense running the spread will only get better as year goes on, HF defense was quick and played hard.  Deweyville dressed out 17 I believe and they played hard good improvement over last couple years, defense looked good, offense a little out of sync but all in all both teams have alot to look forward to this year.

[quote name="Thunderlicious" post="825664" timestamp="1281874082"]
[quote author=Bearclaw link=topic=71627.msg825635#msg825635 date=1281845796
[/quote]
Yeah, finishing the game situation with Brazosport having a score and LCM having NOTHING..sounds like a pretty dominating game for the cubbies. On the lossing end of 1-0, thats dominating? Yep, I think you guys are going to state.
[/quote]
In the words of the great Tom Hanks toy story character Woody, Thunderlicious, "you are a sad, angry little man."(...who was clearly not at the game.)  We already corrected Bear Claw (who was also probably not at the game), and no one else said anything about dominating, although it was a good first showing for the Bears.  To be fair, when LCM's first O was in in the controlled scrimmage they scored every time.  And several starters, including Gonzales were only in one possession in the live portion.  And besides, don't get on him too bad for being excited about his team.  I can recall several examples of you being significantly more "enthusiastic" than that.

Thunderlicious and the Battlin Bears. Battlin Bears and Thunderlicious. Hmmm. Why do we not like each other? Thunderlicious if I may ask are you mad at LCM for any reason? Battlin Bears are you mad at T-licious for some reason? If you guys need a go between shoot me a message and Ill mediate this thing out for you guys. LOL ;D

I could use a go between with a certain guy who knows all when it comes to HS football. Ill not say any names. I will give you a hint. He knows it all and he is from a town that has a football team who beat Central in the playoffs last year but did lose 3 count em 3 regular season games. This team will win the State Championship this year though. Also in 2011 and 2012 and on and on and on.........................They are just that good. ;D

From another site:  Posted: Yesterday 9:03 AM

Re: Cubs scrimmage tomorrow

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would never try and make any sort of prediction on what kind of season a team will have after a single scrimmage, BUT do not get me wrong, there are things that stood out to me yesterday morning.  First of all on the offensive side of the ball.  The offense moved the ball very efficiently down the field.  I felt like they picked up right where they left off in the playoffs.  I mean the timing was off a little bit in the passing game, but that will come with reps.  The running game was kinda disappointing.  Troy had a couple of bursts, but for the most part they did not establish the run.  I watched the O line, and it seems like they were not sticking to their blocks.  I am sure that will be addressed, and since 3 of the 5 linemen are back from last year, they will be fine.  The pass blocking looked good, and Ty had plenty of time to go through his progressions.  Other than that, the offense looked crisp, executed the WR screen well, and did a great job of keeping the defense off balance.  That is what made them so good in the playoffs last year.  Oh yeah, they did fumble the ball a couple of times.  I am sure that will be addressed as well.  When this offense gets the timing down, they are going to be flat out unstoppable.  On defense, I have to say that the word is speed, aggressiveness, and talent.  The defensive line looked impressive, and the linebackers are fast.  They looked good for the most part.  Manvel has a lot of speed, and has the same offensive concept as Angleton.  They run the spread, but they aint passing.  They are trying to get to the perimeter with a blazing fast QB.  Their QB broke one long run, that was called back by a holding penalty, and they had a couple of other runs, that were sprung by cutbacks, and poor tackling.  Manvel did not really seem to have a passing game I would consider a threat, so I really could not get a read on secondary play.  Round Rock Westwood will test that secondary next week.  This team will be fine.  They just have to stay focused, and improve every week.

"Whatever it Takes in 2010"

If im not mistaken earler in this thread someone said it was 1-0 in the game situation part of the scrimmage. Thats what most people go by when judging scrimmages. It is funny because now we all know that LCM people or not only sorry at football but also at math.

So what was it? Ive seen about 5 different people say about 5 different things when it comes to the scoring at the LCM scrimmage.

Im begining to wonder if LCM even scrimmaged at all?? Maybe we have ourselves a lil conspiracy working here.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476