Best Defensive Line in the state?

Obviously, we are all prone to play the biased approach when it comes to the opinions of our home town teams.  However, i would like to see who gets yalls vote as the top Defensive Line in the state of Texas...don't care what class, just out of pure curiosity.

Of course, im going with the homer pick.  I was out at practice on Saturday morning to get my season tickets, and watched practice from a distance and was utterly shocked at how incredibly athletic and massive our Defensive line was.

Humble is brining back what could be the best defensive line in the state of Texas.  DE- Hill 6'6 210, DT- Boyette 6'3 275lbs, DT- Ezell 6'2 255lbs, DE- Mark Armstead 6'1 215lbs... From a physical standpoint, i don't think it gets much better then that.....And i watched them scrimmage and they are by far one of the most athletic defensive lines ive seen since 2003's NS team.

I know that Brenham has a pretty stout D-line as well, ancored down by M. Brown....Who else does Brenham have?

[quote name="SgtRey" post="824117" timestamp="1281386593"]
DE's: Ben Goodman - 6' 3" - 245 /  Micheal Jolivet - 6' 5" - 220

DTs': Caleb Bluett - 6' 2" - 255 / Treshawn Newman - 5' 10" - 205
[/quote]

That is pretty solid.... How would you characterize them as a unit?

Strong, fast, aggressive? all of the above?  What are their weakness in your eyes.

For Humble, i think its overall experiance.  Very talented, but they still do some stupid things like attach high.....

[quote name="jabu84" post="824167" timestamp="1281393266"]
round rock stony point
[/quote]

I agree. Remember the name Jordan Wade.  He will be around for a while.  I saw the guy destroy everything Cy Falls had to throw at him in the first round match-up last year.

For WB you cannot play DL without speed.  It is a requirement by Stump.  Jolivet is 220?  Must have hit the weights this summer.  Caleb make have the speed to make a great impact as his first move could take him past a slower offensive lineman, provided he does not stand straight up.  He appeared taller than 6'2" when I talked to him about a week ago. 

The weakness of the line appears to be in the middle as WB lost its two tackles to graduation.

[quote name="sig220" post="824267" timestamp="1281442650"]
For WB you cannot play DL without speed.  It is a requirement by Stump.  [b]Jolivet is 220? [/b] Must have hit the weights this summer.  Caleb make have the speed to make a great impact as his first move could take him past a slower offensive lineman, provided he does not stand straight up.  He appeared taller than 6'2" when I talked to him about a week ago. 

The weakness of the line appears to be in the middle as WB lost its two tackles to graduation.
[/quote]

I walked out on the field with a scale...JK...I asked Jr...he said 220...I'll ask Jolivet tomorrow to confirm...

DT Malcolm Brown (labeled the best DT in the state for his class) Jr
CB Rodney Hubert (SMU) Sr
LB Tim Cole (labeled as a to player for his class by FNF) Jr
HB/LB Troy Green (labeled as a to player for his class by FNF) Jr

Not sure about the rest of the DL.  I do know our defense is young but very experienced.
I'd say they are somewhere at the top.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="824493" timestamp="1281495117"]

Not sure about the rest of the DL.  I do know our defense is young but very experienced.
[color=red]I'd say they are somewhere at the top[/color].

[/quote] If Dayton gets to play Brenham your DL will be somewhere at the bottom looking up at the sky ! ;D

[quote name="jayhawk" post="824512" timestamp="1281498648"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=71513.msg824493#msg824493 date=1281495117]

Not sure about the rest of the DL.  I do know our defense is young but very experienced.
[color=red]I'd say they are somewhere at the top[/color].

[/quote] If Dayton gets to play Brenham your DL will be somewhere at the bottom looking up at the sky ! ;D
[/quote]

We'll keep our end of the deal.  It's up to y'all...  ;)

[quote name="SgtRey" post="824678" timestamp="1281562968"]
[quote author=77 link=topic=71513.msg824462#msg824462 date=1281490165]
Should'nt we see them play before anyone is tagged the best?
[/quote]
Number 1 defense in 21-5A.....lost two people...you got a better tagg?
[/quote]Lets wait and see, could have been the two best and with injuries who knows.

[quote name="77" post="824730" timestamp="1281575539"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=71513.msg824678#msg824678 date=1281562968]
[quote author=77 link=topic=71513.msg824462#msg824462 date=1281490165]
Should'nt we see them play before anyone is tagged the best?
[/quote]
Number 1 defense in 21-5A.....lost two people...you got a better tagg?
[/quote]Lets wait and see, could have been the two best and with injuries [b]who knows[/b].
[/quote]
hmm....ME!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed