Lamar vs. McNeese St. Predictions?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="LUFAN" post="825184" timestamp="1281722308"]
Nice try sgt rey, but I think WB needs to concentrate on getting further in the HIGH SCHOOL playoffs before comparing themselves to a D1 college football team.
[/quote]

Ya right? Get passed Cinco Ranch maybe?  8)

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="825150" timestamp="1281714731"]
Does anyone know what kind of crowd the McNeese brass is expecting for the Lamar game?
[/quote]

Should be well above the attendance average. I know Lamar is asking for more tickets than they were allotted originally. They requested an additional block of 100 seats this past week.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="ForeverADog" post="824045" timestamp="1281373667"]
Granted this by far our toughest game this year.
[/quote]

Not even close. LU plays at SFA. Thats Southland Conference Champion, two-rounds-deep SFA which has all everything 2009 SLC Player of the Year Jeremy Moses returning...

http://sfajacks.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/moses_jeremy00.html

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="ECBucFan" post="825311" timestamp="1281761053"]
[quote author=ForeverADog link=topic=71507.msg824045#msg824045 date=1281373667]
[/quote]

Not even close. LU plays at SFA. Thats Southland Conference Champion, two-rounds-deep SFA which has all everything 2009 SLC Player of the Year Jeremy Moses returning...

[/quote]

Agreed.

Mcneese will be the toughest fans you see all season...if you plan on going you better sit with Lamar fans and most definitely not on the student side...team wise SFA will prolly be the toughest and SHSU the easiest since we have a team younger than the cardinals team...I'd go so far as to say the only team you guys should get your hopes up to beat of the four southland opponents is SHSU...and that's no given either.

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="825311" timestamp="1281761053"]
[quote author=ForeverADog link=topic=71507.msg824045#msg824045 date=1281373667]
[/quote]

[/quote]

They're both going to be tough for Lamar. McNeese is our first game in 21 years and they have an extremely talented team coming back. SFA is the SLC champions in 2009 but you've got to travel to Lake Charles too. IMO, that is the game to decide the 2010 SLC champions. Jeremy Moses versus the Cowboy defense.

Plus, if McNeese's transfer QB from Tulsa plays well they will be even tougher to beat.

McNeese's preseason All-SLC player's on defense.

DL Desmund Lighten McNeese State 6-0 250 Jr. Monroe, La.
DB Malcolm Bronson McNeese State 5-11 188 So. Jasper, Texas
DB Darrell Jenkins McNeese State 5-10 205 Jr. Bon Weir, Texas
DB Seth Thomas McNeese State 5-9 177 So. Orange, Texas
DL Terrance Freeman McNeese State 6-4 240 Sr. Newton, Texas
DL Josh Ellison McNeese State 6-3 240 Sr. Houston, Texas
LB Geremy Pilate McNeese State 6-0 220 Sr. Crowley, La.
DB Ford Smesny McNeese State 5-10 200 So. Dayton, Texas

Guest ECBucFan
Aug. 10, 2010

NACOGDOCHES, Texas - Expectations for the 2010 football season are as high as they have been in several years for the Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks. [u]SFA was a unanimous pick to repeat as conference champions according to the preseason poll of the league head coaches and sports information directors. SFA is already ranked 12th nationally in one national poll,[/u] with several other polls waiting to be released in the coming days.

The whole article:  http://sfajacks.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081010aab.html

;D

Guest ECBucFan
Oh thats fine. You sound like a Lamar/McNeese fan, and thats perfectly OK. I agree polls can be wrong, and "on any given day" anyone can be beat. However, if a [i]unanimous[/i] SLC poll has SFA winning,, and a [i]National[/i] poll has SFA 12th in the nation, well, thats a pretty compelling statement for me!     

Personally, I believe SFA will sweep this year. 360, drive up to Nac on Sept. 25th and give em a look!  ;D 

I probably am a little bias as my brother played at McNeese and I attended Lamar. But, a family friend played for SFA back in the 70's so I keep up with them too.

I'm not saying they aren't good because obviously they are. I just think McNeese will be hard to beat in Lake Charles.

SOUTHLAND CONFERENCE 2010 PRESEASON FOOTBALL HEAD COACHES POLL

Rank    Team (First Place Votes)    Points
1.    Stephen F. Austin (7)    49
[b]2.    McNeese State (1)    43[/b]
3.    Southeastern Louisiana    29
  Texas State    29
5.    Central Arkansas    27
6.    Northwestern St.    20
7.    Sam Houston    18
8.    Nicholls     9

2010 FCS Now Preseason Poll

1. Villanova (47)
2. Montana (16)
3. Southern Illinois (7)
4. William & Mary (5)
5. Appalachian State
6. New Hampshire
7. Richmond
8. South Dakota State
9. Elon
[b]10. Stephen F. Austin
11. McNeese State[/b]
12. Northern Iowa
13. South Carolina State
14. Weber State
15. Delaware
16. Eastern Washington
17. Jacksonville State
18. Liberty
19. Pennsylvania
20. James Madison
21. Eastern Illinois
22. Illinois State
23. Northern Arizona
24. Prairie View A&M
25. Holy Cross

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="bigred360" post="826073" timestamp="1281988355"]
Well, I'll wait for the season to place out [b]because the preseason polls by the coaches and SID's are often wrong.[/b]  ;)
[/quote]

Soooooo, then you turn right around and post two of them!  :D   

J/K, good luck to your Cards & Cowboys this year. I support McNeese anytime, unless they are matched against the 'Jacks.    8)

I just showed that you were wrong about SFA unanimously 1st in the coaches poll.  McNeese did get a vote. :D

Then the second is a national poll from the site http://fcsnow.com/poll.aspx  ;D

Good luck to the Jacks as well. Maybe one day a SLC team will win the national championship.  8)

Guest ECBucFan
I guess we are looking at two different sources. I did post the entire opening paragraph, underlined the specific text, and provided a direct link to the whole article. I went off of what I read, so I don't know if I am "wrong" at all. Maybe McNeese voted for themselves, and if so I would not blame them.

But be it 7-1 SFA or 8-0 SFA, the consensus is clear.

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="826421" timestamp="1282070829"]
I guess we are looking at two different sources. I did post the entire opening paragraph, underlined the specific text, and provided a direct link to the whole article. I went off of what I read, so I don't know if I am "wrong" at all. Maybe McNeese voted for themselves, and if so I would not blame them.

[/quote]

You can't vote for yourself so an 8-0 poll can NEVER happen. If the poll comes out 7-1 in SFAs favor then guess who voted for McNeese? SFA!

I agree with BR360 polls are often wrong. I think McNeese has better fan support and more tradition so they will be the toughest game. Also we will have played 2 games by the time we go to SFA. At McNeese we will still be very fresh. Hard to argue that one.

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="826421" timestamp="1282070829"]

[/quote]

Have to admit, SFA couldn't vote for themselves so throw out that vote and it would have been unanimous for SFA as preseason SLC champions.

Being a Lamar fan, there is no need for me to argue about preseason polls because both SFA and McNeese are better than the Cardinals. Heck, I'll be happy to win 5 or 6 games this year, with one or two versus SLC teams (not SFA or McNeese).

At least there will be collegiate football in Beaumont this year. It's been a long time coming.  8)

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="kingkat99" post="835897" timestamp="1283290214"]
Not sure if they are just [b]sandbagging[/b] or if they really are concerned but there are several Mcneese fans on AGS that are unwilling to say that Mcneese will win this game saturday...
[/quote]

McNeese fans sandbagging???    Never!!!    ;)

I can't wait for Saturday and I haven't even been waiting twenty-something years.    ;D

Doc

[quote name="Ruckdad" post="836329" timestamp="1283353957"]
Doc:

What type of reception should visiting fans expect Saturday.  Should I bring a hard hat or just leave the rabbit ears at home?
[/quote]

Usually, visiting fans get a good reception in the tailgate areas.  You may get a little good natured ribbing but, if you are friendly and go introduce yourself, you will probably get offered all kinds of food and drink.

At the game, you should be okay.  We have a several fans that sit above the visiting section in P & O that have caused a little trouble before but we have tried to calm those guys down.  If you encounter them, best thing to do is just ignore them.  Best not to have rabbit ears with those guys.

If you get there in the afternoon, come to our tailgate area (spots 14 & 16 in the Westside Reserved Tailgating Area - numbers are painted on the roadway) and introduce yourself.  If you get there after the Band marches through the tailgate area at about 6PM, it will be too late as we will be putting stuff up to go to the stadium.

As fans from all over the country that have been down and tailgated with us will agree, "We will tailgate with you before the game, try to beat the heck out of your team during the game, and then tailgate some more with you after the game no matter the result".

Doc

[quote name="McNeese72" post="836339" timestamp="1283355093"]
[quote author=Ruckdad link=topic=71507.msg836329#msg836329 date=1283353957]
Doc:

What type of reception should visiting fans expect Saturday.  Should I bring a hard hat or just leave the rabbit ears at home?
[/quote]

Usually, visiting fans get a good reception in the tailgate areas.   You may get a little good natured ribbing but, if you are friendly and go introduce yourself, you will probably get offered all kinds of food and drink.

At the game, you should be okay.   We have a several fans that sit above the visiting section in P & O that have caused a little trouble before but we have tried to calm those guys down.   If you encounter them, best thing to do is just ignore them.  Best not to have rabbit ears with those guys.

If you get there in the afternoon, come to our tailgate area (spots 14 & 16 in the Westside Reserved Tailgating Area - numbers are painted on the roadway) and introduce yourself.   If you get there after the Band marches through the tailgate area at about 6PM, it will be too late as we will be putting stuff up to go to the stadium.

As fans from all over the country that have been down and tailgated with us will agree, "We will tailgate with you before the game, try to beat the heck out of your team during the game, and then tailgate some more with you after the game no matter the result".

Doc

[/quote]Doc is right it will be a good time I have met people from all the visiting teams and they usuall have a ball, sometimes the students get a little rowdy but thats anywhere you go. Good luck cards and remember we need more COW BELL!  GEAUX POKES

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami