**FIRST WEEK/DAY PRACTICE COMMENTS**

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="822985" timestamp="1280964077"]
[quote author=A Bear's Bear link=topic=71359.msg822971#msg822971 date=1280958445]
LCM's varsity has more kids than it has in a while; last year they had 12 seniors this year's team looks close to 20...Coach Crouch has done a good job both in keeping the multi-sport boys in football, [b]as well as winning some over some of the south Little Cypress kids from WO-S (WO-S is an open district, while LCM cuts off at about I-10.  Earl Thomas and James Haynes, for example, both lived in Little Cypress but went to WO-S in high school)[/b][/quote]

Just call'em beggars, robbers and thieves. ;D

Just kidding guys. I am quite sure lots of kids in that area want to play at WOS.
[/quote]

who could possibly blame them... a huge difference in coaching staff, attitude, community support, more games played during their varsity careers(playoffs), and exposure.  jmo

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rykerx144
ive watched Kirbyville the first few days.  I was not impressed.  They looked small and slow.  They appeared to be walking around and complaining alot.  Not in good shape.  Looks like they are way overrated.  Looks like its going to be a long year.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="822985" timestamp="1280964077"]
[quote author=A Bear's Bear link=topic=71359.msg822971#msg822971 date=1280958445]
LCM's varsity has more kids than it has in a while; last year they had 12 seniors this year's team looks close to 20...Coach Crouch has done a good job both in keeping the multi-sport boys in football, [b]as well as winning some over some of the south Little Cypress kids from WO-S (WO-S is an open district, while LCM cuts off at about I-10.  Earl Thomas and James Haynes, for example, both lived in Little Cypress but went to WO-S in high school)[/b][/quote]

Just call'em beggars, robbers and thieves. ;D
Just kidding guys. I am quite sure lots of kids in that area want to play at WOS.
[/quote]
haha I'm not accusing them of anything, I'm just pointing out that Coach Crouch has done a good job of getting some of them to play for the Bears

[quote name="rykerx144" post="822988" timestamp="1280965582"]
ive watched Kirbyville the first few days.  I was not impressed.  They looked small and slow.  They appeared to be walking around and complaining alot.  Not in good shape.  Looks like they are way overrated.  Looks like its going to be a long year.
[/quote]

really? or is this a joke? ::)

[quote name="A Bear's Bear" post="822971" timestamp="1280958445"]
LCM's varsity has more kids than it has in a while; last year they had 12 seniors this year's team looks close to 20...Coach Crouch has done a good job both in keeping the multi-sport boys in football, as well as winning some over some of the south Little Cypress kids from WO-S (WO-S is an open district, while LCM cuts off at about I-10.  Earl Thomas and James Haynes, for example, both lived in Little Cypress but went to WO-S in high school)
[/quote]

Earl Thomas lives in the WOS school district.  They lost their house in Ike and moved in with his grandfather.  LCM school district goes through parts of the Brownwood area, which enables some of those kids to play at LCM legally.  I can recall several players living in the WOS school district and attending and playing for either Bridge City or LCM.  Practice, off-season, and workouts are tough at WOS.  I will leave it at that.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="supermario" post="823013" timestamp="1280971962"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=71359.msg822988#msg822988 date=1280965582]
[/quote]

really? or is this a joke? ::)
[/quote]

He's baiting you, Man!

Caught the last half of  Dayton football practice today and was impressed. QB (Herrera) although still small has grown and put on 15 pounds and is slinging the ball .Made some nice long passes for TD's in fact while I was there nobody  missed a pass the kid is very acurate  and with  our host of proficient recievers we will tear up some teams with average secondaries. X Baldwin looked great as expected and caught some passes in traffic for TD's as well as J Deiasbour  never fumbled and caught passes in traffic for TD's if he runs to his potenial his running game will take this team to the next level. (scary) . Another kid ran some out of the backfield I think his name was Mcbride must of been JV last year (stocky and fast) looked good.  We've got the weapons for sure and looks like were going to be off to a fast start unlike last year when it took us a few games to get up to speed. With the big men Booth and Wright and supporting cast I look for a very,very deep run in the playoff's this year . GO BORONC'S ~~~~

[quote name="jayhawk" post="823151" timestamp="1281032028"]
Caught the last half of  Dayton football practice today and was impressed. QB (Herrera) although still small has grown and put on 15 pounds and is slinging the ball .Made some nice long passes for TD's in fact while I was there nobody  missed a pass the kid is very acurate  and with  our host of proficient recievers we will tear up some teams with average secondaries. X Baldwin looked great as expected and caught some passes in traffic for TD's as well as J Deiasbour  never fumbled and caught passes in traffic for TD's if he runs to his potenial his running game will take this team to the next level. (scary) . Another kid ran some out of the backfield I think his name was Mcbride must of been JV last year (stocky and fast) looked good.  We've got the weapons for sure and looks like were going to be off to a fast start unlike last year when it took us a few games to get up to speed. With the big men Booth and Wright and supporting cast I look for a very,very deep run in the playoff's this year . GO BORONC'S ~~~~
[/quote]

Sounds like the offense could be very good or the defense could be very bad for the Broncos this year. ;)

A lot of new blood in K-ville.  Some speed from the soccer ranks of KYSL....a few new juniors that can lift a tree ..in fact one in nicknamed "the Hulk"!!.  I saw some nice catches the other night in the flat...outstretched all the way to the ground at the sideline....GO KATS!!!

[quote name="jayhawk" post="823151" timestamp="1281032028"]
[/quote]

Mcbride is a sophomore.

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="skipper" post="823128" timestamp="1281027005"]
being  FAST dont always (WIN) games yes are no
[/quote]

no but it helps!! 

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="rykerx144" post="823235" timestamp="1281048583"]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=71359.msg823128#msg823128 date=1281027005]
[/quote]

no but it helps!! 
[/quote]

when you are just removed from 2a. have maybe 30 kids on Varsity, and are playing Ozen and Vidor in the first few weeks you better get fast or get hurt!!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="823160" timestamp="1281033681"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=71359.msg823151#msg823151 date=1281032028]
Caught the last half of  Dayton football practice today and was impressed. QB (Herrera) although still small has grown and put on 15 pounds and is slinging the ball .Made some nice long passes for TD's in fact while I was there nobody  missed a pass the kid is very acurate  and with  our host of proficient recievers we will tear up some teams with average secondaries. X Baldwin looked great as expected and caught some passes in traffic for TD's as well as J Deiasbour  never fumbled and caught passes in traffic for TD's if he runs to his potenial his running game will take this team to the next level. (scary) . Another kid ran some out of the backfield I think his name was Mcbride must of been JV last year (stocky and fast) looked good.  We've got the weapons for sure and looks like were going to be off to a fast start unlike last year when it took us a few games to get up to speed. With the big men Booth and Wright and supporting cast I look for a very,very deep run in the playoff's this year . GO BORONC'S ~~~~
[/quote]

Sounds like the offense could be very good or the defense could be very bad for the Broncos this year. ;)
[/quote] I can see where you could derive that - but you know as well as I that Jerry S. always builds his team around the defense the rest is icing on the cake !  ;) with D-1 players like Ripowski and Wright with Booth and Baldwin going both ways the defense will  be solid !

Nice breeze this morning on the turf @ Dayton.Full contact part of the day and Herrera has some zip on those passes and very accurate to a great corp of jr.wr's who have grown taller w/more body tone.The backs are blessed w/wheels.Some nice play by a few of the freshmen/jv from last years group making some noise on both sides of the ball.It should be another great season for the Broncos who in yrs past have been slow starting this group looks a little more ready with alot of attaboys from some big hits by the underclassmen.Summer weight room results are showing on the field and I've not heard 1 complaint from any of the players which is  gelling them into the team spirit.All that's left is to prove it on the playing field.

[quote name="the sports guy" post="823163" timestamp="1281033824"]
[/quote]
Ya! Just ask WOS! ;D 

Sorry Skip.....it just came out. I couldnt stop it.
[/quote]

Ummmmm... I think that was his point...

[quote name="Gasilla" post="823669" timestamp="1281226684"]
[quote author=the sports guy link=topic=71359.msg823163#msg823163 date=1281033824]
[/quote]
Ya! Just ask WOS! ;D 

[/quote]

[/quote]
Ummmmm....no point was made....."yes are no".  Put a smile on Gasilla.....life is soooo much better.

[quote name="the sports guy" post="823737" timestamp="1281278576"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=71359.msg823669#msg823669 date=1281226684]
[quote author=the sports guy link=topic=71359.msg823163#msg823163 date=1281033824]
being  FAST dont always (WIN) games yes are no
[/quote]
Ya! Just ask WOS! ;D  

[/quote]

[/quote]
Ummmmm....no point was made....."yes are no".  Put a smile on Gasilla.....life is soooo much better.
[/quote]
p
Ummmmm... I have a smile because I think it's funny you missed the whole point of his message. I'm not trying to say you are stupid or anything, but it's funny that you were so quick to say something about WOS that you missed that he was making that very point... and yes, he did make a point, "yes are no" was simply asking for agreement.  ;D see my big smile!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami