The Wing T Offense !! Your opinion on it?

You can run the triple option from any formation...and the Wing -T offense out of flex bone and wishbone...When Jr and company played for me we didn't have a problem scoring, we had a stellar passing game when neccessary out of flex-bone formations....it's all about the offensive coordinator... ;)

well to be honest with you im glad that vidor runs this offense, we kept them honest and i know they didnt put up 330yards rushing agaist  my ndns. personally i think vidor needs to learn to throw the ball a lot more and maybe they start going to the playoffs, just a thought get a new offense!

[quote name="biaplayer" post="822154" timestamp="1280529059"]
well to be honest with you im glad that vidor runs this horrible offense, we kept them honest and i know they didnt put up 330yards rushing agaist  my ndns. personally i think vidor needs to learn to throw the ball a lot more and maybe they start going to the playoffs, just a thought get a new coach!
[/quote]

You're mistaken in the type of offense that Vidor runs.  The Pirates run a Slot-T offense, not a Wing-T; there is a difference.  Your post is a good illustration of the old adage, "It is better to let people think you're uninformed than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."  And as for your tacky "just a thought" comment about getting a new coach, let me leave you with one thought...although I'm not so sure you have a place to put it, nevertheless here it is...Coach Mathews is an inspiration on and off the field.  He is loved by his team, and respected in his community; and despite the criticisms from small-minded people like yourself, he remains a class act.

Guest blackflag
[quote name="incognito" post="822215" timestamp="1280551891"]
[quote author=biaplayer link=topic=71233.msg822154#msg822154 date=1280529059]
well to be honest with you im glad that vidor runs this horrible offense, we kept them honest and i know they didnt put up 330yards rushing agaist  my ndns. personally i think vidor needs to learn to throw the ball a lot more and maybe they start going to the playoffs, just a thought get a new coach!
[/quote]

You're mistaken in the type of offense that Vidor runs.  The Pirates run a Slot-T offense, not a Wing-T; there is a difference.  Your post is a good illustration of the old adage, "It is better to let people think you're uninformed than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."  And as for your tacky "just a thought" comment about getting a new coach, let me leave you with one thought...although I'm not so sure you have a place to put it, nevertheless here it is...Coach Mathews is an inspiration on and off the field.  He is loved by his team, and respected in his community; and despite the criticisms from small-minded people like yourself, he remains a class act.
[/quote]

Amen !

yes you are right incognito, jeff mathews is a class act and i was out of line for saying what i said and for that i do apologize,. I understand that you and your fellow pirate fans back your pirates just as i do my ndns.  I can honestly say that i was in favor of a coaching change here in Port Neches, we got one and i believe it was for the best, having watched a team which over the last 14 years with the exception of the dustin long era where we had a balanced attack,  both throwing and running the ball basically was pounding the ball up the middle and running sweeps and traps. I just hate seeing a team be one dimensional, to me it is alot more  exciting to watch a offense move the ball both passing and running not just run run pass  punt. With that being said i hope the pirate faithful accept my sincere apologies,  i was out of line and for that i am sorry. Looking forward  to  seeing  Vidor on the gridiron  this year good luck to the pirates.

[quote name="biaplayer" post="822327" timestamp="1280626372"]
yes you are right incognito, jeff mathews is a class act and i was out of line for saying what i said and for that i do apologize,. I understand that you and your fellow pirate fans back your pirates just as i do my ndns.  I can honestly say that i was in favor of a coaching change here in Port Neches, we got one and i believe it was for the best, having watched a team which over the last 14 years with the exception of the dustin long era where we had a balanced attack,  both throwing and running the ball basically was pounding the ball up the middle and running sweeps and traps. I just hate seeing a team be one dimensional, to me it is alot more  exciting to watch a offense move the ball both passing and running not just run run pass  punt. With that being said i hope the pirate faithful accept my sincere apologies,  i was out of line and for that i am sorry. Looking forward  to  seeing  Vidor on the gridiron  this year good luck to the pirates.
[/quote]

biaplayer, your a gentleman and a scholar. Best of luck to your Indians.....except on Friday night October 29th :) :)

By far the most difficult offense to stop. I've watched teams like Vidor, Clevland, and Livingston score touch down like they were wide open layups against teams. They dont know where the ball is. Those misdirection plays are lethal. Im sure everyone here has been fooled and didnt know who had the ball.

[quote name="Betrayed" post="822712" timestamp="1280855940"]
By far the most difficult offense to stop. I've watched teams like Vidor, Clevland, and Livingston score touch down like they were wide open layups against teams. They dont know where the ball is. Those misdirection plays are lethal. Im sure everyone here has been fooled and didnt know who had the ball.
[/quote]Well said !! I agree !!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder