Local coaches ponder possibility of Class 6A/TOC MOCKS

Using Matt's numbers, here is what the 3A districts COULD (not will, not should, BUT could...all of this is speculation folks!) turn out:

In one district: Bullard, Center, Diboll, Huntington, Lufkin Hudson, Rusk, Pollok Central

In another:  Buna, Bridge City, Hardin-Jefferson, Kirbyville, Kountze, Orangefield, Warren, West Orange-Stark, Woodville

In another:  Anahuac, Coldspring, East Chambers, Hamshire-Fannett, Hardin, Liberty, Shepherd, Tarkington

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="820599" timestamp="1280162135"]
Using Matt's numbers, here is what the 3A districts COULD (not will, not should, BUT could...all of this is speculation folks!) turn out:

In one district: Bullard, Center, Diboll, Huntington, Lufkin Hudson, Rusk, Pollok Central

In another:  Buna, Bridge City, Hardin-Jefferson, Kountze, Orangefield, Warren, West Orange-Stark, Woodville

In another:  Anahuac, Coldspring, East Chambers, Hamshire-Fannett, Hardin, Liberty, Shepherd, Tarkington

[/quote]

That's a fair attempt at it. The first district is pretty easy to figure. In the other two, Coldspring is kind of the odd man out, like Livingston is now in our local 4A district. Coldspring is much closer to Warren and Woodville than they are with Anahuac, East Chambers and Hamshire-Fannett.

Other than an occassional BC team, WOS would completely dominate this district.

BTW Grad, you left out Kirbyville. ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="820605" timestamp="1280162968"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=71116.msg820599#msg820599 date=1280162135]

In another:  Buna, Bridge City, Hardin-Jefferson, Kountze, Orangefield, Warren, West Orange-Stark, Woodville

In another:  Anahuac, Coldspring, East Chambers, Hamshire-Fannett, Hardin, Liberty, Shepherd, Tarkington

[/quote]

That's a fair attempt at it. The first district is pretty easy to figure. In the other two, Coldspring is kind of the odd man out, like Livingston is now in our local 4A district. Coldspring is much closer to Warren and Woodville than they are with Anahuac, East Chambers and Hamshire-Fannett.

Other than an occassional BC team, WOS would completely dominate this district.

BTW Grad, you left out Kirbyville. ;)
[/quote]

Coldspring would still have Shepherd and Tarkington (just outside of Cleveland) along the Hwy 59 corridor.

Kountze, Warren and Woodville (Hwy 69 Corridor) and Buna and Kirbyville (96 Corridor) I put in with the Orange County teams (Bridge City, Orangefield and WO-S)and Hardin-Jefferson.

Then I paired western Jefferson County (Hamshire-Fannett) with Liberty Co. (Hardin and Liberty) and Chambers Co. (East Chambers and Anahuac) to pair them up.

WO-S would have battles with Kirbyville and BC.  But after looking at this, I think I would rather the Enterprise numbers be correct and WO-S go back to 4A.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="820614" timestamp="1280165230"]
[quote author=scooter! link=topic=71116.msg820613#msg820613 date=1280165050]
Memorial got that many students?
[/quote]

Memorial current enrollment number is 2460. In either one of these mock alignments, PAM would go to 6A.
[/quote]Did they get an influx of students? Just a few years ago they were around 2100. Wow. Guess business is booming in south county.

[quote name="Matthew328" post="820978" timestamp="1280245461"]
Yeah I had to adjust by 2 schools and that put Dayton in 5A..#'s may move by 2-3 schools as I work through each class
[/quote]

Appreciate the work. Keep it coming, very interesting to say the least.

Curious to see how you district our local 3A's.

In both Matt's and the Enterprise mock enrollment numbers really don't change much the enrollment disparity in the current 5-A (new 6-A) which is what I had read is the motivation for considering this change.  You still have a big gap between schools who have enrollments in excess of 3,500 students and all the lower enrollment schools.  Someone point out what I'm missing.  It looks real good for all the other classes.

[quote name="Matthew328" post="821008" timestamp="1280248183"]
4000-2200 is less than the minimum desired ratio of 2:1....there's very few schools w/enrollments of over 4000 (less than 10 I think) so it does reduce the enrollment disparity somewhat....
[/quote]

I agree. If I remember correctly, 4 of those 10 teams are in 2 districts.

There are only eight of them:  Plano East (6171), Plano (5270), Allen (5029), Dallas Skyline (4765), North Shore (4416), Plano West (4190), Alief Hastings (4156) and Alief Elsik (4084).

Allen, Plano, Plano East and Plano West are all in District 8-5A (currently), Hastings and Elsik are in 18-5A.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="821016" timestamp="1280249133"]
There are only eight of them:  Plano East (6171), Plano (5270), Allen (5029), Dallas Skyline (4765), North Shore (4416), Plano West (4190), Alief Hastings (4156) and Alief Elsik (4084).

Allen, Plano, Plano East and Plano West are all in District 8-5A (currently), Hastings and Elsik are in 18-5A.
[/quote]

I was close. I knew that the Plano schools were 2 of them and the Alief schools were the other two.

What I'm interested in seeing is the Houston area 4A teams that enrollment numbers have declined alot asked NOT to be moved down a classification and have remained in class 4A.My Question is;Do you get an option from the UIL if you don't want new changes?

[quote name="Matthew328" post="821595" timestamp="1280362151"]
Here is 4A

http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1106903
[/quote]

Interesting.  Matt, why would you send BH to 20-4A in this mockup and have Silsbee in 19-4A.  I could see Jasper as the would have Livingston to pair up with.  But it seems like BH and Silsbee would be switched.

BTW, Matt. You are doing a heck of a job on this mock realignment. I had toyed with the idea of doing one, even got as far as putting the ada's in a spreadsheet.  Then I said, NO THANK YOU!!! Too much effort for me!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder