who has the best JV team?

LR4life

I want to know about the Lumberton 8th graders. Is this the next great Lumberton varsity team?

This was a joke.

It was posted some time back by someone that this year's Lumberton team was going to be really good and part of the reasoning was that they were undefeated as eighth graders, hence the remark...

Haha yes some people get to worked up about the past but good groups ussually turn out well with good coaching hence Lumberton atm being very young and they have good groups coming up every year for awhile. So sometimes people getting excited about under levels isnt a bad thing because thats where your teams of the future are.

Does it really matter?!? :shock:

This post must of been started by a kid who plays JV!

I've got a kid on a JV team and even if they were undefeated (which they are not) this team will never play as a whole when it really counts at the Varsity level. The smaller and or slower guys will be backups or quit. You can't place any value on what they are doing now wins or loses. We have a group of 10th graders that have only lost 3 or less games in the last 3 years but were broken up with 6 or 7 of them on Varsity. Those left on JV were either too small and or slow or quit to be full time baseball players. A couple were on Varsity but sent down to get reps at either a different position or the same position so that they can help next years team or for a November callup to finish out the regular season.

I am not sure who started but, we are just talking about it for what it is "football". I enjoy watching the games and evidently there are some other people who do to. They can win district on the Sub-Varsity level and there is some pride in doing that. Varsity is what counts to the schools and community. JV counts to the people who have a kid playing. Its just football and we are talkin about it, take it easy.

Don't get me wrong I like JV football. I sat in the rain in Silsbee last Thursday watching JV football. But only because my son was playing. The only people at JV games are usually their parents and a few students. Most people don't get hyped up or travel to watch JV games. JV football is like minor league baseball in that what you do doesn't count until you play in the majors against the big boys. My son started on the Varsity level as a 10th grader but the coaches felt he needed to work on some stuff so he got sent down. He realizes that his high school career will be judged by Varsity play only. That was the point I was trying to make. Nothing against the younger kids.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder