**State 7 on 7 Tourney Updates**

[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="816853" timestamp="1278620171"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=70895.msg816848#msg816848 date=1278619684]
[quote author=KFDM COOP link=topic=70895.msg816847#msg816847 date=1278619521]
Just good practice, it's touch football.  :D Some of these schools play 7 on 7 3-4 times a week they worship it according to Matthew.
[/quote]

Oh, I see now. If the Stangs were doing well, you would be all over their success, saying how important the 7 on 7 is to the program. But now, it's just glorified 2 below. ::)

Why else would you be promoting the state tourney on here? ::)
[/quote] Why isn't Silsbee there?  :D Didn't qualify?
[/quote]

Silsbee didn't even play 7 on 7 this year. That's how much in-the-know you are on the subject. They played a couple of matches but never even attempted to qualify. Never went to any tourneys.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="816858" timestamp="1278621618"]
Why not?
[/quote]

Because the coaches and players had other things going on. Also, both QB's were out due to some surgeries and 7 on 7 has really not been that important to them in the first place. They will play some locally but really have no desire to do the state thing.

[quote name="WOS1986" post="816871" timestamp="1278623606"]
What happen to WOS? Anyone know what going on? Its scary when season begin.
[/quote]

I was wondering that myself. I really expected them to do better than score just 6 points thru 1 1/2 games.

But according to Coop, this is just glorified 2 below. It was a waste of time. ::)

Hardin-Jefferson, Hardin and WOS lose the first two games, failing to advance to the championship bracket. They will play in the consolation bracket stating tomorrow. They each still have 1 remaining pool play game left today.

Anahuac has split their first two games, and a win in their third game will send them to the championship bracket.

Newton advances to the championship bracket by winning their first two games.

[quote name="WOS1986" post="816879" timestamp="1278626015"]
Wow! Unbelieve and look like they are not ready. There is no excuse since they have been work hard during off season now they choked mmmm...
[/quote] Spoke with Toby and even though he isnt there he thought they may be real flat, especially in game 1. They havent played a 7 on 7 game since the Anahuac Tourney said Toby.

[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="816887" timestamp="1278629616"]
[quote author=WOS1986 link=topic=70895.msg816879#msg816879 date=1278626015]
Wow! Unbelieve and look like they are not ready. There is no excuse since they have been work hard during off season now they choked mmmm...
[/quote] Spoke with Toby and even though he isnt there he thought they may be real flat, especially in game 1. They havent played a 7 on 7 game since the Anahuac Tourney said Toby.
[/quote]

::) ::) ::)

Bracket games for our locals tomorrow:

Div. II Championship

Anahuac  vs.  Canton

Celina  vs.  Newton

If Anahuac and Newton win, they will face each other in the next round of bracket play.

Div. II Consolation

Hardin-Jefferson  vs.  Waco Reicher

Hardin  vs.  Van Vleck

Whitney  vs.  WOS

If Hardin and WOS win their games, they will face each other in the next round of bracket play.

If HJ wins, they will face the winner of Ingleside/Vanderbuilt Industrial in the next round.

This is single elimination bracket play. Consolation starts at 8am, Championship starts at 9am.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="816772" timestamp="1278605942"]
[quote author=KFDM COOP link=topic=70895.msg816770#msg816770 date=1278605365]
Score updates here

http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=984282
[/quote]

Do I have to pay to see these scores on this certain communist website? ::)
[/quote]
I started the "Old Coach Foundation for Non-members"...its a non-profit organization for the lesser privileged individuals to be able to view "Extreme access" Items on Old coach.com...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder