Oswalt wants trade

"Roy's contract has a no-trade clause, not a trade-me clause," Wade said. "There is no rule that allows a player in his contract status to demand a trade. So demand, request, hold your breath until you turn blue, it's all the same. It's acknowledged and noted."

that's funny stuff right there :)

[quote name="bullets13000" post="804391" timestamp="1274505251"]
"Roy's contract has a no-trade clause, not a trade-me clause," Wade said. "There is no rule that allows a player in his contract status to demand a trade. So demand, request, hold your breath until you turn blue, it's all the same. It's acknowledged and noted."

that's funny stuff right there :)
[/quote]

In other words he isn't going to trade him. Wade needs to stop being proud and realize that the Astros are and will remain the worst team in baseball until something changes. Trade Roy O to a team in return for a Triple-A and best Double-A pitchers, or the teams two best Double-A pitchers. Houston has got to get younger.

i can understand roy o's frustration... 9 starts, 9 quality starts, a 2.66 ERA, 60 K's, and a 2-6 record.  the astros have scored a total of 18 runs in his 9 starts.  it's tough to win games when your team scores two runs a game when you pitch.

[quote name="Gabe" post="806144" timestamp="1274967799"]
Dodgers reportedly interested in roy o. I was hoping for pinstripes
[/quote]

He already wears pinstripes Gabe. ;)  Seriously why shouldn't he want to be traded.  The club went from being competitive every year to being a team that fields 6-7 utility players as starters.  If they can get what he is worth in return in my eyes the Stros would be fools not to deal him, and Berkman for that matter. 

Someone hit the problem on the head!  NO RUN SUPPORT!!!  Who is in charge of that?  Batting coach!!!  If Roy was getting run support he would have a winning record.  Put yourself in his shoes with these losses on your record.  It is tarnishing a great career.  They don't put an asterisk by the games you lose with no run support!!!  I wish he would stay but who can blame him and his competitive spirit?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami