Guest JoesBros
LSU didnt deserve to host a regional cause they played like crap towards the end of the season. I will give the Tigers credit for doing what they did in the SEC tournament and now we will see what they are made of cause it will not be easy going to play in the west coast. They have the lineup I just hope Rinado (sp?) and the pitching staff can step it up. See you Longhorns in Omaha again this year  ;)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was strange that LSU gets sent all the way to the west coast UCLA regional, but I talked to a ESPN guy that told me that Texas didn't want no part of LSU even in a down year. They said that since Texas is used to playing cup cake teams and in a cup cake conference that they would rather play cup cake teams in the regional. Congrats on your cup cake walk to the super regionals. ;D

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="808188" timestamp="1275423611"]
I thought it was strange that LSU gets sent all the way to the west coast UCLA regional, but I talked to a ESPN guy that told me that Texas didn't want no part of LSU even in a down year. They said that since Texas is used to playing cup cake teams and in a cup cake conference that they would rather play cup cake teams in the regional. Congrats on your cup cake walk to the super regionals. ;D
[/quote]

Scalp'em...might want to cut back on the Kool Aid.  ;D ;D

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="808199" timestamp="1275424362"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=69365.msg808188#msg808188 date=1275423611]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hahaha, in seriousness the Longhorns do have a pretty easy way to Super Regionals. Hopefully the Tigers continue to peak.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="808202" timestamp="1275424623"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=69365.msg808199#msg808199 date=1275424362]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hahaha, in seriousness the Longhorns do have a pretty easy way to Super Regionals. Hopefully the Tigers continue to peak.
[/quote]

Got to get by a hot Rice Owl team.

Guest JoesBros
Bridge City's very own Johnny Dishon scores all the way from first on a base hit by Austin Nola into right field with 2 out in the bottom of the 9th to tie the game and bring it into xtra innings!!

Guest JoesBros
Watkins with the big 2 run double to win it yesterday! Hopefully big Anthony on the mound tonight gives the bullpen arms some rest. Next up UCLA at 8 PM you can watch the game on espn3.com or listen it on lsusports.net!

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="808199" timestamp="1275424362"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Texas defeated Florida 4-2 and 6-2 to win national championship

Texas defeated South Carolina 12-6 to win national championship

Texas had little trouble with these two cupcake teams from LSU's cupcake conference. ;)

[quote name="team first" post="809228" timestamp="1275691176"]
LSU up 7-3 via the longball!!

i wonder what time tx trying to bunt their way to a victory will start ;D
[/quote]

Entering today's action stats of note :

HRs  Texas 78  (school record )
      LSU  77

SB-SBA  Texas 84-108
            LSU  75-104
??? ??? ??? ??? ???

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="809964" timestamp="1275942686"]
[quote author=team first link=topic=69365.msg809814#msg809814 date=1275871758]
Yea, real bad year for us, but figures, barely out long balling us, would be a school record for yall
[/quote]

for sure.............and the Horns are still playing.
[/quote]

;D

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="810088" timestamp="1275966528"]
We'll be back next year, heck put LSU in a regional like the Horns had and we would be in Omaha even with a year like this one ;)
[/quote]

Heck, don't have a stretch in the season where you go 2 and 13, and you might deserve to get a regional like the Horn's received. ;)

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="810088" timestamp="1275966528"]
We'll be back next year, heck put LSU in a regional like the Horns had and we would be in Omaha even with a year like this one ;)
[/quote]

According to the RPI Rankings:

Texas (5)                    UCLA (6)
Rice (30)                      LSU (22)
La-Lafayette (43)          UC-Irvine (45)
Rider (139)                  Kent St (116)

I guess if Rider and Kent St would have been switched, LSU would be going to Omaha  :D :D

[quote name="Englebert" post="810153" timestamp="1276002919"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=69365.msg810088#msg810088 date=1275966528]
[/quote]

According to the RPI Rankings:

Texas (5)                     UCLA (6)
Rice (30)                      LSU (22)
La-Lafayette (43)          UC-Irvine (45)
Rider (139)                   Kent St (116)

I guess if Rider and Kent St would have been switched, LSU would be going to Omaha  :D :D
[/quote]

Winner, winner  chicken dinner. Pay the man, Shirley.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed