[quote name="ForeverADog" post="810593" timestamp="1276100319"]
So you're saying the aggies wrote a bad "I'm a farmer" song that sucked so bad Texas had to rewrite to make it better? Figures.....
[/quote]

Ha typical response from someone who got their feelings hurt. What's funny is the guy who went there doesn't let things like this get to him, but I wouldn't expect you to understand.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="horndawg" post="810616" timestamp="1276102591"]
[quote author=ForeverADog link=topic=69365.msg810593#msg810593 date=1276100319]
So you're saying the aggies wrote a bad "I'm a farmer" song that sucked so bad Texas had to rewrite to make it better? Figures.....
[/quote]

Ha typical response from someone who got their feelings hurt. What's funny is the guy who went there doesn't let things like this get to him, but I wouldn't expect you to understand.
[/quote]

Come on Horndawg...you gotta admit that was pretty funny.  ;D
and.....Austin and the Hill Country or Baton Rouge.......uhmmmm  ??? ??? ???

Aggies are so sensitive.  There is a conversation about how LSU sucked this year in baseball, and a typical tiger response (but we party better!  ::))  In all this, somehow an aggie joins in to say they are REAL fans (typical) since they went to school there.  Newsflash:  It's THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS.  Of course Texans are going to root for them.  It's natural, and it's right.  Now if you have an affinity for farm animals, or fake armies then you may feel different.  But the majority of Texans are always going to root for the flagship school TEXAS.  

Oh and BTW Tiger fans check out the May 2010 issue of Playboy.  Guess who was voted the Top Party School in the country.  Yep, The University of Texas at Austin.  Hook'em.

[quote name="Aces_Full" post="810627" timestamp="1276104129"]
Aggies are so sensitive.  There is a conversation about how LSU sucked this year in baseball, and a typical tiger response (but we party better!  ::))  In all this, somehow an aggie joins in to say they are REAL fans (typical) since they went to school there.  Newsflash:  It's THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS.  Of course Texans are going to root for them.  It's natural, and it's right.  Now if you have an affinity for farm animals, or fake armies then you may feel different.  But the majority of Texans are always going to root for the flagship school TEXAS.  

Oh and BTW Tiger fans check out the May 2010 issue of Playboy.  Guess who was voted the Top Party School in the country.  Yep, The University of Texas at Austin.  Hook'em.
[/quote]

Oops...there goes the we party better theory. Nice work, Aces.
HOOK EM HORNS !

[quote name="Aces_Full" post="810627" timestamp="1276104129"]

[/quote]

So, first you talk about letting bandwaggoning begin for Florida, then you defend the bandwaggoning of Texas (which is what the picture is depicting if you haven't figured that out)? Quite hypocritical, don't ya think?

I've been on the TEXAS bandwagon for 50 years. Kinda hard to break tradition.  ::)

Horndawg, since I attended no large universities, I am doomed to only being a fan of Lamar? Since I dropped out of Lamar due to finances, do I have to revert to just pulling for my old high school, junior high, or elementary school, which none of them exist anymore? Where does it end?

[quote name="baddog" post="810725" timestamp="1276115985"]
I've been on the TEXAS bandwagon for 50 years. Kinda hard to break tradition.  ::)

Horndawg, since I attended no large universities, I am doomed to only being a fan of Lamar? Since I dropped out of Lamar due to finances, do I have to revert to just pulling for my old high school, junior high, or elementary school, which none of them exist anymore? Where does it end?
[/quote]

Nice to see ya again baddog, I was wondering if I'd see ya in on this.  Root for who you want, I'm was just pointing out the hypocrisy, that is all.  Hope you've been well, my friend.

I knew it'd be tough against Miami, I think the rain delay/suspension Monday really hurt as we were beginning to rally.  The series in Austin will be one to see. I hope it's on ESPN, I need more college baseball! Regional wasn't enough.

And fun is what it's all about.

[quote name="horndawg" post="810732" timestamp="1276116367"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=69365.msg810725#msg810725 date=1276115985]
I've been on the TEXAS bandwagon for 50 years. Kinda hard to break tradition.  ::)

[/quote]

Nice to see ya again baddog, I was wondering if I'd see ya in on this.  Root for who you want, I'm was just pointing out the hypocrisy, that is all.  Hope you've been well, my friend.
[/quote]

Baddog is my new partner in crime on the message board. We got each others Burnt Orange backs.  ;D
I cannot root for my old high school. They suck...kinda like OU.  ;D

Horndawg.....not to worry. I can [b]HOOK[/b] you up w/ all the gear you'll ever need.  :o

[quote name="horndawg" post="810778" timestamp="1276119251"]
You two have formed an alliance???  :o  Crap, [b]this football season is going to be fun.[/b]  ;D
[/quote]

Not if we are in the Big 10 or Pac 10........Dang you Nebraska!!!

[quote name="baddog" post="810796" timestamp="1276121091"]
[quote author=horndawg link=topic=69365.msg810778#msg810778 date=1276119251]
You two have formed an alliance???  :o  Crap, [b]this football season is going to be fun.[/b]  ;D
[/quote]

Not if we are in the Big 10 or Pac 10........Dang you Nebraska!!!
[/quote]

That will be 2011 season..........right ?

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="811194" timestamp="1276195483"]
That's only 15 teams, scalp em. I think they could take usf from the Big East. They are growing quick and getting better every year. Good fit geographically too. I think the remaining teams in the big east and acc should form together for the 4th 16 team powerhouse.
[/quote]

Your right, miscounted BISD education ;D That would be a strong conference, I forgot about USF.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="811183" timestamp="1276193337"]
If SEC doesn't get any Big 12 teams over, then I bet they try to take some ACC teams. My prediction would be Miami, Florida State, and Geogria Tech. That would give them 16 teams like the PAC 16. Any Thoughts or is that too far out there?
[/quote]

I think that's exactly what we are going to see.

Eagle, riddle me this, why wouldn't Texas want to go sec, even if just for the fans? I mean can you imagine watching an LSU/Texas, Alabama/Texas, Georgia/Texas, Tennessee/Texas, Florida/Texas, and keep A&M/Texas?  Who wouldn't want to watch those games? Talk about revenue too those would be high rating games and no one can deny that.  Also, all this started for money, not academics, so if Texas wants money, sec is where the most will be.

I'd take the above over USC, Oregon, ucla, cal...etc

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed