• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="baddog" post="810339" timestamp="1276029781"]
Yep, the reigning national champs didn't make Super Regionals. You have to keep rolling those SEC teams around in every sport to end up playing Texas. I rest my case.  ;D
[/quote]
Heck when you play in a conference like the SEC you beat each other up. texas had a break since they didn't win a game in the Big 12 Tourney so they were rested. Did I tell you I hate Texas ;D

Texas could have fallen off the face of the earth and still been a #1 seed. That tournament play is to let some team have a final chance at getting in. The season wins more than covered Texas.

I don't hate any school. I just mess with people.  ;D

Guest JoesBros
[quote name="baddog" post="810339" timestamp="1276029781"]
Yep, the reigning national champs didn't make Super Regionals. You have to keep rolling those SEC teams around in every sport to end up playing Texas. I rest my case.  ;D
[/quote]
This wasnt the same exact LSU team from last season they did lose some players from the National Championship year. Plus a number of freshman played this season as well with some other youngsters.

[quote name="JoesBros" post="810368" timestamp="1276031380"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=69365.msg810339#msg810339 date=1276029781]
[/quote]
This wasnt the same exact LSU team from last season they did lose some players from the National Championship year. Plus a number of freshman played this season as well with some other youngsters.
[/quote]

Yep, teams lose players every year. It's called reloading. What else can I say?

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="810365" timestamp="1276031227"]
IF tu can get past TCU. TCU might give the horns a run for their money

[/quote]

You're so right. This is no cakewalk for any team, but Texas has the pitching and hitting to get the job done. You can gloat over your victory last year. It was a dandy. Just remember you were one out from losing it too. That's what makes baseball the game it is to me. Every pitch, every out counts huge.

Guest JoesBros
Exactly thats what makes baseball the greatest game in the world IMO. I had a huge Longhorn fan that may or may not post on here  ;) watch all three games with me last season and after LSU tied that first game up and end up winning it in xtra innings he said "I dont care who wins this but all I know is we are in for a hellll of a series" and he was right.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="810365" timestamp="1276031227"]
IF tu can get past TCU. TCU might give the horns a run for their money

[/quote]

I promise you TCU will give Texas all they can handle. Might be the top 2 pitching staffs in the nation.
Should be great series.

Guest JoesBros
Ill admit it they had a down year I know they did cause I kept up with just about every dang game they played. They will be back next season just mark my words they will dominate next year  ;)

speaking of bandwagons, you use to never see people wearing Texas stuff in this area until Texas began to have some decent teams. The funny thing is we're closer to LSU than UT, but yet people all ways pulls for Texas. I think it's funny. That's ok we party better than tu :D

Guest JoesBros
[quote name="Scalp'em" post="810480" timestamp="1276051821"]
speaking of bandwagons, you use to never see people wearing Texas stuff in this area until Texas began to have some decent teams. The funny thing is we're closer to LSU than UT, but yet people all ways pulls for Texas. I think it's funny. That's ok we party better than tu :D
[/quote]
LoL Ive had several different experiences on the party end in BR gotta love it!!

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="810480" timestamp="1276051821"]
[/quote]

Come on Scalp'em, you are starting to lose credibilty w/ me.  ;D "Until Texas began to have some decent teams ".....
Dude, you ain't that young.  ;D

Speaking of bandwagoners, where were the tiger fans prior to Saban? Oh yeah, they were all wearing Florida State gear. Yes, it makes sense that this area has more Texas fans than LSU fans seeing how this is Texas. And LSU only parties better than Texas because it is normal and acceptable for people to be drunk and act like a bunch of JAs in Louisiana.  ;D ;D Personally I'd prefer to hang out in Austin than go to the trash dump known as Baton Rouge.

[quote name="SHSTIGER" post="810525" timestamp="1276074410"]
Speaking of bandwagoners, where were the tiger fans prior to Saban? Oh yeah, they were all wearing Florida State gear. Yes, it makes sense that this area has more Texas fans than LSU fans seeing how this is Texas. And LSU only parties better than Texas because it is normal and acceptable for people to be drunk and act like a bunch of JAs in Louisiana.  ;D ;D Personally I'd prefer to hang out in Austin than go to the trash dump known as Baton Rouge.
[/quote]hang out in austin? i heard the only thing they have there are steers and ...... nevermind. i'd definitely rather hang with some coonasses drinking beer and eating crawfish than some microbrew sipping crumpet eating shorthorns.

The second half is all you need to know...again, this is not fired at Eagle, as he has his paper from there  ;)
Honestly, it's all in fun

[img]http://i46.tinypic.com/f013bm.jpg[/img]

And before the "obsessed with texas" begins, read this...

"Hunnicutt wrote "Texas Fight" in response to the song used by their long time rivals, Texas A&M University. One of the Aggie songs then was Farmers Fight, which consisted of the words "Farmers Fight" sung to Taps, a song played at many military funerals. Impressed by the song, Hunnicutt figured he would write "Texas Fight" also sung to Taps, but making the song more march-like and having "Texas" throughout instead of "Farmers." In a letter written in 1952 by Colonel Hunnicutt, he says "I wrote 'Texas Fight'... in an attempt to counteract the songs and yells of the Texas Aggies, which were not too complimentary to our Student Body and some of which tended to ridicule 'The Eyes of Texas'."

[quote author=SHSTIGER link=topic=69365.msg810525#msg810525 date=1276074410]
[/quote

You must not go to Austin very often, there's a reason why there's shirts made that say "keep Austin weird".

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder