Who will be Evadale's toughest opponent in playoffs

Guest Burkeville Chronicle
IMO..Evadale will go as far as their pitching takes them. It is obvious that they hit and hit very, very well. However, once you reach the playoffs (deep playoffs) it really boils down to if you can not outscore your opponent but if you can keep your opponent's run total low. The deep playoffs mean tough competition from teams who have dominated their district (like the rebels have) but it all steps up a notch. I wish the Rebels luck.

I think that coach Willaims philosophy will be the same as it was in 2000.  He will probably be flipping for a 2 out of 3 series.  Most teams in 1A only have one pitcher.  The rebels would rather take a chance that their sticks are bigger than the other teams.  It worked for him in 2000 ( i think they had a few guys that could pitch though) So we will just have to wait and see, but that is my guess.

I think that the comment about the 2 out of 3 series is correct, but this year it is a combination of offense and pitching.
Coach Williams has pitched Tucker, Franklin, DuBose, Potts, Harvey, Ousley, Swift and Murphy, Nichols even got in an inning last week on the hill.

I doubt you can find too many teams that have tried out that many arms in a season. Now that does not mean that they all throw 85+, but with hitting it has to do with figuring the pitcher out you might do it early, but we have all seen someone get in a groove only to have the other team switch hurlers and then that hitter does not come close to another base hit.

The Rebel pitching staff is very deep and I believe that their arms will be the difference in a run to Austin. The Rebels will face some good arms from here on out, but the #1 from a team will have a hard time pitching three games especially early in the playoffs when coaches are thinking about the next round when they will need that ace once again.

This year the Rebels have played team ball and have the record to prove that they will be a force in the playoofs. This team made a deep run last year befor falling to Maud in the Regional semis, they remember what that felt like and believe me they do not want to experience that again.

I believe the Rebels will take it a series at a time and take care of business each step of the way!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nexax
    Newest Member
    nexax