2010 District 38-4A Soccer Awards

[b]DISTRICT MVP[/b] - Peter Zimmerman  PNG  Sr.
[b]TOP OFFENSIVE PLAYER[/b] - Elver Uriostegui  PNG  Sr.
[b]TOP MIDFIELD PLAYER[/b] - Jordan Wagner  Nederland  Jr.
[b]TOP DEFENSIVE PLAYER[/b] - Travis Briggs  HF  Sr.
[b]TOP UTILITY PLAYER[/b] - Garhett Bonneaux  LCM  Jr.
[b]TOP GOAL KEEPER[/b] - Micah Murdock  PNG  Soph.

[b]FIRST TEAM ALL DISTRICT[/b]
Greg Flores  PNG  Sr.
Jacob Lopez  PNG  Sr.
Reece Vincent  PNG  Sr.
JC Figueroa  PNG  Soph.
Angel Valencia  PNG  Fr.
Jordan O'Neill  Nederland  Sr.
Austin Wyble  Nederland  Sr.
Miles Lawler  Nederland  Sr.
Brent Salenga  Nederland  Jr.
Hector Garcia  Nederland  Sr.
Kurtis Bell  HF  Sr.
Colton Romero  HF  Sr.
Marco Areualo  HF  Sr.
Sammy Lavador  Central  Jr.
Servando Vizcaino  Central  Soph.
Scott Karasik  LCM  Sr.
Joseph Amoabeng  Ozen  Sr.
Devin Dertrand  Bridge City  Jr.

[b]SECOND TEAM ALL DISTRICT[/b]
Nick Guidry  PNG  Jr.
Brady Martin  PNG  Jr.
Edwin Guerrero  PNG  Soph.
Kenric Martinez  PNG  Sr.
Trevor Hoffpauir  PNG  Jr.
Holden Butler  Nederland  Jr.
Chris Roebuck  Nederland  Jr.
Jack Wilson  Nederland  Jr.
Bay Callaway  Nederland  Jr.
Jake Kemp  Nederland  Jr.
Travis Bertrand  HF Sr.
Eric Maggio  HF  Sr.
Terry Affolter  HF  Sr.
Juan Cardenas  Central  Sr.
Nick Rhone  Central  Fr.
Mitch Heil  LCM  Jr.
Tommy Jones  LCM  Jr.
Luis Galvan  Ozen  Sr.
Jose Gonzalez  Ozen  Sr.
Alex Damion  Bridge City  Soph.

I really have to disagree with PNG getting 13 kids honored, 8 of which were either first team all-district or award winners.  Also, Nederland with 11 is too many.  24 of the 44 kids honored came from two of the seven schools in the district.  Those two teams were definitely the best in the district, but come on.  and for the record, i'm an HJ alum with absolutely no ties to any school or player in this district.

[quote name="bullets13000" post="787673" timestamp="1270746833"]
I really have to disagree with PNG getting 13 kids honored, 8 of which were either first team all-district or award winners.  Also, Nederland with 11 is too many.  24 of the 44 kids honored came from two of the seven schools in the district.  Those two teams were definitely the best in the district, but come on.  and for the record, i'm an HJ alum with absolutely no ties to any school or player in this district.
[/quote]

??? why do you care from which teams they are... all district has become an award that is very little honor for the exact reason your saying.. i dont care if the whole all district team is from port neches or nederland or whoever else.. if all of them are truly better, then whats the problem.. it shouldnt be all-sympathy team should it? the best players should be on here and if you want to cut down the spots then just cut down the number of people on each team,

[quote name="wasone03" post="787690" timestamp="1270751115"]
[quote author=bullets13000 link=topic=68335.msg787673#msg787673 date=1270746833]
I really have to disagree with PNG getting 13 kids honored, 8 of which were either first team all-district or award winners.  Also, Nederland with 11 is too many.  24 of the 44 kids honored came from two of the seven schools in the district.  Those two teams were definitely the best in the district, but come on.  and for the record, i'm an HJ alum with absolutely no ties to any school or player in this district.
[/quote]

??? why do you care from which teams they are... all district has become an award that is very little honor for the exact reason your saying.. i dont care if the whole all district team is from port neches or nederland or whoever else.. if all of them are truly better, then whats the problem.. it shouldnt be all-sympathy team should it? the best players should be on here and if you want to cut down the spots then just cut down the number of people on each team,

[/quote]

that's the thing, this district was much more competitive that 37-4A.  These teams were the best teams in district, but not by THAT much.  there's no way that there weren't players left off who were better than PNG's 12th and 13th player. 

[quote name="wasone03" post="787690" timestamp="1270751115"]
[quote author=bullets13000 link=topic=68335.msg787673#msg787673 date=1270746833]
[/quote]

[/quote]

also, i have no problem cutting down on the # of spots.  i agree with you there.

Josh Ozio from Bridge City made the Beaumont Enterprise Super Gold team (2nd team) but didn't make 1st or 2nd team All-District.  Congrats to all the kids on each of these All-Star teams but some of the selections are hard to understand. 

[quote name="Newcastle" post="787741" timestamp="1270758154"]
There is WAY to much value placed on the super gold team.

[/quote]

Agreed.  That is not to take anything away from the individuals who make the super gold team.  In truth they are all very solid players but for people "in the know" I would say that a few 2nd team super goal should be 1st team, a few 1st team should maybe be 2nd team and a few 2nd teamers are on there so that each team can have a rep.

As far as the all district is concerned, the top awards are normally solid picks.  All of the first team and 2nd team deserve to be recognized.  The reason it may seem over kill for a few teams is because it is a slotted system.  So you just have to use your head when looking at it.  If a team has thirteen picks can you honestly say that 2 players from the "bench" are better than another teams starting line up (or at least their best three or four).  Probably not, but it is an incentive for athletes to try hard.  The higher they place the more recognitions are given.  That is not a bad thing for motivation.  Though some kids may laugh about the recognitions, most of them want to be recognized on some level.  And that is what it is all about...the kids. 

All that being said, slotted system or not, the All District is picked by coaches.  The super gold is picked by..well, I am not really sure who picks it:)  Though I suspect it is picked by sports reporters who, as much as they may try, are not able to see most games.  The all district, if read properly, is a more accurate assessment of the talent on the pitch throughout the season.

[quote name="kindafunny" post="787773" timestamp="1270762437"]
:)
CONGRATS..TOP UTILITY PLAYER - Garhett Bonneaux  LCM  Jr.
Cant wait  till select starts so we can see ya play in the Houston area.
Your fans in [color=blue]BH[/color]!
Love ya man!
[/quote]

yup, that's a nice award to win.  the fact that he's not from one of the big two and still won it says a lot about his ability as well.

[quote name="bullets13000" post="787857" timestamp="1270773607"]
[quote author=kindafunny link=topic=68335.msg787773#msg787773 date=1270762437]
:)
CONGRATS..TOP UTILITY PLAYER - Garhett Bonneaux  LCM  Jr.
Cant wait  till select starts so we can see ya play in the Houston area.
Your fans in [color=blue]BH[/color]!
Love ya man!
[/quote]

yup, that's a nice award to win.  the fact that he's not from one of the big two and still won it says a lot about his ability as well.
[/quote]

As great as he is on the field, he's a champion off of it as well.

Congratulations G-Man!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami