Super GOLD CLUB!

[quote name="Newbie" post="791424" timestamp="1271474325"]
Jordan Hatler is a [b]beast[/b]  ;D  a member of the Region 3 ODP team.  As a sophomore,she led the Cinco Ranch Cougars to the area championship and were favored to make it all the way to state, but she missed the region quarterfinal round to play out of the country.  The Lady Cougars beat eventual state champs, TWHS girls in preseason play.  Would her presence have made a difference on how far her team made it?  Quite possibly, but she had to do what she had to do.
Wanted to add that a lot of really good club players don't play HS ball their senior year especially after they've committed to a college for fear of injury.  Recent South Texas premier level players that would have made  an impact o their HS teams but chose to stay off include Megan Kinneman(committed to LSU) and Brenda Salazar (SFA).  From what I hear, several Eclipse Black players will not be playing for FB Austin next year their senior year.  That changes the playoff scene.
[/quote]
Jordan and that loaded 94 team laid the smack down on us (SSSC93) in a showcase last year. We were down 4-0 at the half and to put it lightly I was a little upset being the competitive guy that I am.. So I gave a half time pep talk that went something like this... Have you ever had a team that you wish you could play again after they beat the pants off of you.. We here is your chance they are giving you another 40 minutes to get after them.... It did not help they scored another 3 goals.. I told Jordan after the game, you sure are going to look good in that Aggie Uniform... She can make the team! She just smiled and said Yes sir.

[quote name="Newbie" post="791424" timestamp="1271474325"]
Jordan Hatler is a [b]beast[/b]  ;D  a member of the Region 3 ODP team.  As a sophomore,she led the Cinco Ranch Cougars to the area championship and were favored to make it all the way to state, but she missed the region quarterfinal round to play out of the country.  The Lady Cougars beat eventual state champs, TWHS girls in preseason play.  Would her presence have made a difference on how far her team made it?  Quite possibly, but she had to do what she had to do.
Wanted to add that a lot of really good club players don't play HS ball their senior year especially after they've committed to a college for fear of injury.  Recent South Texas premier level players that would have made  an impact o their HS teams but chose to stay off include Megan Kinneman(committed to LSU) and Brenda Salazar (SFA).  From what I hear, several Eclipse Black players will not be playing for FB Austin next year their senior year.  That changes the playoff scene.
[/quote]

Watched Jordan Halter today, and it was a real treat. Beast is an understatement... She is just soooo strong. She was taking shots with defenders draped on her like a prom dress. I watched her go airborne on a couple of slide tackles and shame on the opponent if she is off the mark ( now she was not playing dirty) just those tackles had some bad intentions if they so happen to catch the player rather than the ball; which she did not. She plays with fierce intensity. Spoke to her dad for about 25minutes and he said she just returned from Germany playing against some international competition. One game against the U19 German National team. I was telling him how we had just changed clubs and wish we had swithced to a premier level team earlier... Now listen up people... His comment was yeah I know how you feel, we should have came to this club 8 or 9 months earlier than we did... I'm like surely you are not serious... Your daughter is 27th in the nation for 2012 recruits... staple of the region 3 ODP team and just got back from the ECLN in Vegas and a trip to Germany... And you should have left earlier... Wow! Point is if you want to be excellent as Jordan surely is , you have to get out of your comfort zone.

Great day all in all... We took care of business and Hughes and company man handled their opponents as well. I smell 4 time Pres Cup State Champs for SSSC93

[quote name="sharkfutbol" post="791852" timestamp="1271649454"]
Is this a recruitment site for Houston clubs haha.
[/quote]

Nah Coach... just want people to strecth themselves... That could mean move from a Div2 to Super 2, Super 2 to Div 1  and so on and so forth... I have been a member of this soccer community and family for going on 12yrs and only want the best for all involved. I am excited about the communtiy wide tryouts, and I have investigated the rumors of a Houston Club moving to our area.. I have voiced my opinion to all the people involved and now it is up to them to decide the fate of the future soccer players in this area... You know as well as I do the ones that aspire to achieve higher goals migrate to Houston. Some succeed some do not, but they try and I commend them for that. We as a soccer communtiy have to got to want to get better, change out mindset..To put it bluntly I have never understood the feud between Gulf Coast and SSSC and SSSC and BYSC and all that stuff... I know there is going to be friendly and sometimes fierce competition because that is the nature of the game, but the idea of trying to withhold players from attaining their best does not make sense.. to me.. Now to clarify myself.. I am not in the loop.. Only hear the talk on the sidlines from parents.. I know with the changing of the guard here at BYSC that they and SSSC have a much better working relationship and I commend Mike (Z) and company for that. I have been there when others have been yelling from their vehicles to the other party about what they need to do and so on and so forth and that I have witnessed first hand.. To answer the question.. No this is not a recruitment post for Houston, because truth be told it might mean someone else going to Dallas to push their limits.

I definitely understand going to Houston.  Its not for everyone for sure but the ones who can keep the grades up and make the two or three trips a week over for practice.  They will improve after playing with that talent that much each week.  Its all good for those who can balance both.  Good Luck

[quote name="sharkfutbol" post="792149" timestamp="1271727274"]
I definitely understand going to Houston.  Its not for everyone for sure but the ones who can keep the grades up and make the two or three trips a week over for practice.  They will improve after playing with that talent that much each week.   Its all good for those who can balance both.  Good Luck
[/quote] Thanks for your support.. I spoke to another parent who knows first hand.. He said the Spring Cup season is fun.. It is the regular season that is tough, go  to school, then go to school team practice then travel to Houston for club practice and arrive home at midnight. We have been given a 2 time per week flexibility.. so we need to get our work done Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.

I hoping this is going to make a significant improvement to our Kelly season and help us reach the promise land as you and the boys did this year.... That would make a great ending to a fabulous 4 years at Kelly.... See ya next season.

Rip, nice talking to you last night at the SSSC board meeting.  It was very educational for me.  Very glad I was there and enjoyed talking to you after the meeting. 

I really think that Spindletop is moving in the right direction at U11.  They have two D1 U11 teams and a third D1 team, Jasper Twisters, that are registered as a Spindletop team.  That's three U11 teams all playing EDDOA in Houston every weekend...over 30 girls total. 

Currently, I do not support the idea of Albion coming in a taking over SSSC.  Not as long as SSSC is moving in the right direction.  There is not enough talent in the area to support two clubs.  If Albion chooses to come anyway it will set us back another 3 or 4 years.  They will eventually dry up SSSC but it will take time.  We just don't need that with things moving in the right directions for the younger kids. 

I know a couple of the Albion guys and I really like them.  I watched their power point presentation and was very impressed.  My daughter has been invited to guest play with them in a tournament.  If my daughter continues to improve I may take her there one day when the time is right...just as you did with your daughter.  But until then, I know we are moving in the right direction.  Our Jasper Twister team played Albion Blue 99 (Albion's #1 U11 team) in the championship game of the Easter Invitational at Bear Creek and beat them 2-0.  We did have a couple SSSC 99 Red guest players.  For the first time in a long time, everyone is working together.  I'm not ready to turn what we are doing over to them just yet.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kush1298
    Newest Member
    kush1298