Lady Raiders vs Lady Bulldogs

This was a thrilling game, probably the best high school girls game I have ever seen. The Raiders were struggling in the first half, but their defense held off the Bulldog's relentless attack. The game from then on tended to stay in the middle of the field, except for two Lumberton chances that were lost to bad first touches. The Bulldogs players played a very physical game, earning two red cards, and even more yellows.  Bulldog goal keeper Bianca Garza had an amazing save, but couldn't quite get to Lumberton forward Kaitlyn Stowe's beautiful strike in the last minute of the second half of overtime. Stowe's amazing shot from just inside the 18 won Lumberton the game 1-0, and is sending them to see Waco Midway to battle it out for a spot for State.

Congratulations Lady Raiders.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone in region 3 would like to see someone else win the region other then Friendswood  region 3 has a chance at a state title.......yes Friendswood has won region 3 the last 4 years, but has failed to bring home the state title.....being the runner up made you the first LOSER.....and it is getting a little old.  With an enrollment of 1980 for Friendswood and 1969 for Waco Midway, I would certainly expect a victory over Lumberton that has an enrollment of 1063.5.   These are UIL's numbers not mine.  I also think everyone in the Golden Triangle would like for you to leave your comments on another web site besides this one.  So having said all that, I would root for any team that is playing against Friendswood.

Lumberton's #12 hit first...to clarify...Nederland dominated the game, just couldn't get one in the net...Lumberton kept at it and made a play...tough way to end the season for Nederland...there is not enough luck or enough refs to get Lumberton by Midway...Midway 7-0 at least!

Yes. Let's talk class. Class is applauding a player who just received a yellow card for placing an elbow squarely in the opponent's face causing it to become bloody and have momentary blurred vision. Class is also applauding another player who received a 2nd yellow after running into the opponent's goalie who was clearly in possession of the ball. And class is applauding a player who received a red card for unnecessarily loosing her composure, forcing her team to go down a player in the waning moments of the game and possibly affecting the outcome of that game.
    On another front, I've read on more than one occasion the refs never help the teams. And finally, I don't recall hearing anyone on the Lumberton side singing goodbye. While it may not make it right, I've been told  "it's all part of the game", and I have heard it many times at many places across the area including Nederland venues.
    Good luck Lady Raiders and congrats to Nederland girls for a successful year.

Class? please...I guess it just depends from which side of the field the game is viewed.  Players must keep their composure even if they are slapped, slugged, or kicked.  Nederland's player was full speed to the goal and held her hands up trying to stop when the keeper got the ball...BAD CALL...on two occasions, the Ned keeper was in NO WAY protected from being kicked and pummeled by the Lumberton players...BAD "NO CALL" ...Lumberton made a play and Nederland did not...that's sports.  The refs were not very good, and Nederland got the bad end of that deal, no question about it.  Lumberton's #12 should have been thrown out of the game along with the Ned girl.  Lumberton has no chance against Midway, but at least they have the opportunity...Nederland would have no chance against Midway, either...Midway is on a different level.  Great seasons for Lumberton and Nederland! 

FF ... first it was health care.  Now its sensorship.  Welcome to the new America.    Now to the moderator. I am not a big fan of FF and his post buttttttttttttttttttttt.......... you allowed all that cr#p early in the year that was NOTHING TO DO  with soccer.  Why would you take down  his post.  It wasnt by any means his most irritating.  :o ;D  Welp ... all i wanted to say. By the way.

First of all, last night's game was epic. I would have considered it a great game if it had gone either way but I am glad that Lumberton won. One thing I am wondering about though, in football before the game they talk about good sportsmanship from the players AND the fans and students, where does that go to by soccer season? Although last nights game was rough and should have had at least one more red card than there was, that gives noone the right to boo these young ladies and I heard that on our side. Also, it is inappropriate to congratulate a player who makes a flagrant foul. That being said, UIL, maybe you should consider requiring the sportsmanship speech before soccer games too. Good luck Lady Raiders, bring it home for us so maybe FF will finally shut up.

to FF:  you should ask the moderators how easy is it to start a message board.  I'm sure they would help you, then you could manage it any way you wanted to.  I mean thats the general answer when people complain about poor officiating, "get licensed, put on the uniform if you think you can do a better job" right?  

About the game:  I agree with HJkeep, it was one of the most entertaining games i've ever witnessed.  Lumberton seemed to be more patient in the final third which gave them the better of the oppurtunities.  And there were more than the two missed oppurtunities:  The header that glanced the back post, the chip over the goalie that just missed, the two that were from the bad first touch, and the shot the keeeper made the great save on were all the best scoring chances in the entire match which were all by Lumberton.  Nederland dominated what?  Cards?  
You couldnt have written a better script for this war of a game.  In the preseason match Lumberton got the red card and Nederland won with 41 sec on the clock.  In this revenge game, Nederland got the red card and Lumberton scored with, you guessed it, 41 ticks on the clock.  And btw, beside the red card in the first game they played, that yellow issued at this game to lumberton was the second card anyone received all year.  I'm glad to see the Lady Raiders could keep their composure against a more physical Nederland squad.

Class:  Good post Wellread.  I just cant get the image out of my head of #7 kicking the lumberton keeper in the face while she was down and then laughing and high-fiving her teammates while joggin back down the field.  :(

Good Luck Lumberton!  Last team standing representing Southeast Texas.

Guest Newbie
CONGRATS to both teams.  It was a great game, too bad someone had to leave disappointed.  I sat with the home team and I was embarrassed listening to the comments from that side.  I'm glad the players didn't behave as bad as the spectators.  Good luck lady raiders!

I deleted the post, nobody else.
I didn't delete any earlier in the year because I did not come in the soccer forum early in the year. Any other questions? I don't even recall what the post said because I have better things to do than worry about FF but obviously it said something I didn't think should have been on the board.

PS: It's censorship not sensorship.

Gabieboy:

Your censorship makes no sense.  My posts were well within the rules, and frankly, they generate traffic for your site. 

As for Lumberton, they will have no chance against against a faster, more talented, more organizedc Midway team; and, of course, Midway will have no chance when they eventually play the MIGHTY LADY MUSTANGS!!!!! 

FF:  Midway is on a mission...much like the 2001 Friendswood team that won state on its 3rd trip...remember that great group of players?  So, don't be so "Friendswoodish", or should I say ARROGANT, about your team.  Midway WILL be a tough, tough challenge for your MIGHTY LADY MUSTANGS.  I have always pulled for Region 3 at the state tournament, even though Region 3 rarely brings home the title.  Whoever wins Region 3 will have to beat a Dallas area team...tough task...maybe 2010 will be the year for Region 3...that is my hope. ;)

[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="782925" timestamp="1269691444"]
To the Moderators:

Why was my post deleted?  Nothing in it violated your rules?

FF
[/quote]

wasn't me.  you and i have gone at it several times before, and i've never taken one of your posts down.  last night's wasn't even directed at me :)  oh, just went back and saw gabe took it down. 

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="bullets13000" post="783120" timestamp="1269727813"]
[quote author=FriendswoodFan link=topic=67823.msg782925#msg782925 date=1269691444]
To the Moderators:

Why was my post deleted?  Nothing in it violated your rules?

FF
[/quote]

wasn't me.  you and i have gone at it several times before, and i've never taken one of your posts down.  last night's wasn't even directed at me :)  oh, just went back and saw gabe took it down. 
[/quote]

Isn't this a violation of the "Moderators' Code" or something?  Com' on - one Mod doesn't give up another Mod this way, do they?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn