dayton broncos before the Jerry Stewart era

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="793190" timestamp="1271900823"]
I would like to add....
How many players do you think moved in to the Sealy area or the LaMarque area during their hey day.
Lets say you have a very talented son, and get transfered to the Houston area and have to pick a location to live.
If....
You don't mind a commute to the city and you want your son to be part of a winning football team and live in a great community, you are moving to Dayton "the crossroads town between Houston and Beaumont".

Coach Stewart knows how to get the best out of the athletes, and from just what I have seen, you would be hard pressed to find another "program" that advances and improves it's 7th graders all the way till they graduate.
[/quote]to be continued ;) ;) ;)

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="792968" timestamp="1271871795"]
[quote author=B.M.F. link=topic=67370.msg791938#msg791938 date=1271689018]
Dayton is good because Jerry Stewart developed a program. 
[/quote] It takes talent to win. Your crazy if you don't think the developement of the Dayton area is a big factor in their winning.
[/quote]Are you saying that only growing communities can be winners on the field?

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="793370" timestamp="1271939717"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=67370.msg792968#msg792968 date=1271871795]
[/quote] It takes talent to win. Your crazy if you don't think the developement of the Dayton area is a big factor in their winning.
[/quote]Are you saying that only growing communities can be winners on the field?
[/quote] No Sir. But it dang sure helps !! Bottom line is, Dayton was terrible from the time they first started a football program all the way up to about 15 years ago. LaMarque and Friendswood also went through a developement phase years back and their football programs really became dominant. If Dayton would have not grown and stayed the same, then Dayton would not have as good a program as they have now. Take a look at Liberty !!

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="793631" timestamp="1271972912"]
[quote author=Diamond-J link=topic=67370.msg793370#msg793370 date=1271939717]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=67370.msg792968#msg792968 date=1271871795]
[/quote] No Sir. But it dang sure helps !! Bottom line is, Dayton was terrible from the time they first started a football program all the way up to about 15 years ago. LaMarque and Friendswood also went through a developement phase years back and their football programs really became dominant. If Dayton would have not grown and stayed the same, then Dayton would not have as good a program as they have now. Take a look at Liberty !!
[/quote]

How long has dayton been classified as 4-A? Atleast 25 years right?  They've been 4-A long before this influx of talent of which you speak. Furthermore, the enrollment numbers show no reflection of the increased talent pool you are so jealous of.  Most of the 'talent' you wish h-d had has lived in the school district quite some time.  If anything, Dayton hardly ever gets any big time transfers. Quit being jealous that dayton has a good coach and give credit where it is due.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="793631" timestamp="1271972912"]
[quote author=Diamond-J link=topic=67370.msg793370#msg793370 date=1271939717]
[/quote] No Sir. But it dang sure helps !! Bottom line is, [b]Dayton was terrible from the time they first started a football program all the way up to about 15 years ago.[/b] LaMarque and Friendswood also went through a developement phase years back and their football programs really became dominant. If Dayton would have not grown and stayed the same, then Dayton would not have as good a program as they have now. Take a look at Liberty !!
[/quote]

Since you brought it up.... Dayton had a couple regional championships in the 30's or 40's when that was as far as you could go in the playoffs and had a quarterfinal team in '61 I believe it was.

Come on man... I wasn't even alive back then.... get your facts together.

Here is an interesting fact for you.  You say Dayton is growing, correct?  Here are the numbers that show the opposite.  This is district enrollment:
2006 - 2007: 4954 students
2007 - 2008: 4849 students
2008 - 2009: 4772 students

Looks to me like Dayton is decreasing in enrollment.  These numbers came from the T.E.A website.

[quote name="SETEXFan" post="793840" timestamp="1272021645"]
Here is an interesting fact for you.  You say Dayton is growing, correct?  Here are the numbers that show the opposite.  This is district enrollment:
2006 - 2007: 4954 students
2007 - 2008: 4849 students
2008 - 2009: 4772 students

Looks to me like Dayton is decreasing in enrollment.  These numbers came from the T.E.A website.

[/quote]

Not arguing those numbers, but Dayton is growing, just wait for the next Census results if you need numbers!!

One thing we got is coaches that care bout the kids. it's not just an 8 hour thing here. this goes on in the off season. the coaches want to do what's best for the kids to develope them into top notch players. we have one of thebest coaching staffs in the state and hope we have them for a long time t come. they care bout their program and kids. we're thankful to have such a devoted staff . thank you coaches for a job well done. ;)

On that note.....for all you city folk moving out here to Dayton who have always wanted a farm and a goat.  Take note:  an acre of previous farm land that floods on a continuous basis when it rains is not a farm, it's a "rice field"!!!  Just sayn......

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="793190" timestamp="1271900823"]
I would like to add....
How many players do you think moved in to the Sealy area or the LaMarque area during their hey day.
Lets say you have a very talented son, and get transfered to the Houston area and have to pick a location to live.
If....
[b]You don't mind a commute to the city and you want your son to be part of a winning football team and live in a great community, you are moving to Dayton "the crossroads town between Houston and Beaumont".[/b]

Coach Stewart knows how to get the best out of the athletes, and from just what I have seen, you would be hard pressed to find another "program" that advances and improves it's 7th graders all the way till they graduate.
[/quote]

Actually the correct answer would be Barbers Hill.  ;)

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="795634" timestamp="1272475674"]
...and the correct word to focus on there eagle would be "winning". I think you might have got confused for a second there.
[/quote]

No..I was referring to growth and moving to a community based on school districts, etc. It's BH, not Dayton....and that's not a knock on Dayton.
As far as winning, yes Dayton has a very good football program. Overall, BH wins just as much, if not more than Dayton. BH was top ten in 2007 Lone Star Cup standings in their 1st year as a 4A program....the smallest 4A school in the state at the time.

The completion of the Grand Parkway will be HUGE for Barbers Hill...
My brother in law owns a water utility company that operates MUD districts on the west side of Houston.
He knows of BIG time housing developments along the grand parkway around I-10.  (he compares one of them to a "Woodlands like" neighborhood (except without the woods).
It won't be long until the ball starts rolling on these developments....
BH will be booming, but....
If you want your "all american" football son to be on a team that will has a VERY GOOD shot at reaching the quartefinals for the next five years, you move north on HWY 146 to Dayton.
ps....
Good luck to the new coach at Barbers Hill.

the completion of the grand parkway, which will be another 10+ years, will blow the enrollment of dayton up, not mont belvieu.  barbers hill will still struggle to make the playoffs, unless the uil starts putting 6 teams in the playoffs.

• 3 months later...
[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="792012" timestamp="1271699470"]
[quote author=SETEXFan link=topic=67370.msg791940#msg791940 date=1271689311]
AMEN.   

[/quote]
[/quote]
IMO...
The key starts in 7th grade....
Dayton is VERY LUCKY to just have AWEsome coaching in 7th and 8th grade.
They have had the same junior high head coach for the last ten or so years and he is AWEsome!
Dayton's football program is top notch in 7th and 8th grade, and when the kids go up to high shool, the winning just continues!
It is really amazing to see the talent and speed that just keep coming through the junior high here in Dayton.
The current 9th graders and 7th graders have loads of speed, size, and talent.
Look for the Broncos to keep making it to the quarter finals, at least for the next five years, the talent and the coaching are there for this to happen.
[/quote]

I'd like to take it back even further.  Dayton has a pretty darn good youth football league also.  My son (Davin) has played since he was 4yrs old (full contact), he just started his 4th season of football at age 7.  He has 3 Division Championships, 3 SuperBowl appearances with one SuperBowl win.  he just moved up to Sophomore group and I'd bet money we do it again, with a SB win this time.  Good Coaches and proud Dayton Bronco kids!!!  Pride starts early in Dayton!!  Come check it out, we are behind Richter Elementary and practice Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.  Our opening game is September 11th @ 10:30 on the Jr. High Field.

[quote name="7mary3" post="795609" timestamp="1272468008"]
On that note.....for all you city folk moving out here to Dayton who have always wanted a farm and a goat.  Take note:  an acre of previous farm land that floods on a continuous basis when it rains is not a farm, it's a "rice field"!!!  Just sayn......
[/quote] Now that statement is not entirely true... I would be one of them people who wanted to live in the country. Thank GOD I chose Dayton cause I be loven me some BRONCO FOOTBALL. I live on a acre of land and it never floods nor do i have a goat don't want one either. just saying

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed