***SETXsports Week 6 Rankings***

LCM BEHIND PNG, AND NEDERLAND AFTER SMOKING PNG AND PLAYING AN ALRIGHT GAME AGAINST CENTRAL.GOTTA SHOW LCM MORE LOVE. AND DAYTON DIDNT GET THE #2 SPOT? WOOOW! WOS ISNT THAT GOOD. THEY WILL GET UPSET BEFORE THE SEASONS OVER. DAYTON SHOULD DEFINETLY BE #1 IN 4A ON THAT LIST. CENTRAL CANT HANG WITH THEM.

Pimp smack

AND DAYTON DIDNT GET THE #2 SPOT? WOOOW! WOS ISNT THAT GOOD. THEY WILL GET UPSET BEFORE THE SEASONS OVER. DAYTON SHOULD DEFINETLY BE #1 IN 4A ON THAT LIST

WOS beat Dayton in week zero 26-9.

As far as your other comments, it will all play out eventually.

Guest GoStangs

LOL.... The bears, a 2-3 team, should be ranked way up there, and WOS, an undefeated state ranked team who beat Dayton on their home field, should also be below Dayton for some unforseen reason. That's brilliant! :lol:

LCM BEHIND PNG' date=' AND NEDERLAND AFTER SMOKING PNG AND PLAYING AN ALRIGHT GAME AGAINST CENTRAL.GOTTA SHOW LCM MORE LOVE. AND DAYTON DIDNT GET THE #2 SPOT? WOOOW! WOS ISNT THAT GOOD. THEY WILL GET UPSET BEFORE THE SEASONS OVER. DAYTON SHOULD DEFINETLY BE #1 IN 4A ON THAT LIST. CENTRAL CANT HANG WITH THEM.[/quote'] :roll: Come on man

sorry but that is a bit of a joke to have PNG ranked so much higher than LCM, yea they are 3-2 while we are 2-3, but if you look we havent exactly lost to bad teams,(WOS, Central, and Caney Creek, say what you want bout them but they beat Waller this week ) ,after a 42-0 beating you cant think that last weeks loss by PNG was just a fluke

PNG is ranked too high. This is one of there usual off years. every three or four years they will have a string of bad teams this may be one of those. Thats why I cant stand when people call them a perennial powerhouse when every 3 or 4 years they will have several losing seasons in a row.

Last week PNG was playing very well with their only loss to then #1 ranked Brenham. Yes, they lost last week but that does not make them a bad team all of a sudden. On the same hand LCM played well and deserved the win, but that doesn't make them an elite force in that district....yet. Consistency is the key here. What everyone needs to understand about these rankings is 7-10 people rank the teams and points are assigned to each position (1st-25th). In the end as you can imagine some teams collect more than they should while others do not. It is not a slight but based on the opinion of 7-10 individuals. There would be a lot of people who disagree with my rankings and I theirs.

Guest EagleFan01

Newton should be alot higher in the power rankings than they are right now at 8. Yeah they lost but they are still better than half the teams yall have in front of them including Central, West Brook, and the team that beat them with some help, Silsbee.

. The only change I would question is that of Dayton ranked behind Central, but, both teams are definitely the top two.. I've heard a lot of negativity about PNG and Nederland, the "Midcounty" teams. If you look at thier track records, they have the stats to back em up for being in district playoffs virtually every year. And, at this point, 3rd place is up for grabs....its anyone's guess. Who knows, Dayton and Central may have an off week, does this mean they are bad teams? I have read a lot of posts putting down the players, the teams, tradition, etc. We have to remember that we are ALL part of this district, each one of us make up the whole body, the district itself. LCM deserved the win Friday night and I congratulate you. Vidor, deserved the win in thier upset over Nederland. PNG and Nederland fans admit this. All this negativity and slander against our fellow teams in the district only hurts us as a competitive district. I know a lot of it is in jest, but there are players that read these post, the ones out there playing their hearts out every Friday night for our enjoyment. Instead of tearing each other down, lets try to build each other up so we can be the TOP district in the state. We're ALL in this together.

Newton should be alot higher in the power rankings than they are right now at 8. Yeah they lost but they are still better than half the teams yall have in front of them including Central' date=' West Brook, and the team that beat them with some help, Silsbee.[/quote']

Don't get silly now. Newton is a very good team...very good, but to have them above Central, West Brook, and Silsbee is not reality at the moment. In regards to the "help" statement, that was a good game on all sides.

First of all, the Dayton guy is on some sort of drugs. WOS is not that good? What does that say about Dayton when they beat Dayton. If you think Central's not that good, you haven't seen them play. They have beaten a pretty good 5A Baytown Lee team, lost to West Brook by three in a game they should've won, and hung 63 on Nederland at their place. No, they're not that good. I'd say the top 4 are about right. Nederland should not be in the top ten. They can not play defense at all. this has to be Neuman's worst team since he's been there. No speed and not as big as usual. I don't understand how you put PNG above LCM either. When you beat somebody 42-0 you're better than them. If you don't think LCM is not that good then you'll have adjust your feeling about PNG. No way the Indians should be above LCM.

As far as 4A goes its Central, Dayton and everybody ellse.

Statewide Massey Ratings of the SETXsports Top 25

(these are last weeks Massey Ratings, so this past weekend's games are not factored in)

The Massey Ratings compare 1053 different teams weekly across the entire state including UIL 1A through 5A, Private schools and Independents

1. West Brook - 126th

2. WO-S - 64th

3. Central - 186th

4. Dayton - 170th

5. Barbers Hill - 127th

6. Silsbee - 222nd

7. Memorial - 264th

8. Newton - 197th

9. PNG - 236th

10. East Chambers - 373rd

11. Lumberton - 339th

12. Vidor - 388th

13. Nederland - 358th

14. Orangefield - 422nd

15. LCM - 344th

16. Bridge City - 411th

17. Kirbyville - 323rd

18. Ozen - 412th

19. Kelly - 525th

20. Deweyville - 699th

21. Hardin-Jefferson - 488th

22. Hull Daisetta - 917th

23. Warren - 809th

24. Kountze - 936th

25. Anahuac - 849th

NOT Ranked

Jasper 512th

Hamshire-Fannett 516th

Liberty 611th

Woodville 638th

Buna 740th

West Hardin 856th

Hardin 935th

Burkeville 959th

Evadale 1024th

Beaumont Cathedral 1037th

High Island 1043rd

Sabine Pass 1049th

The major thing that sticks out is that unranked Jasper, H-F and Liberty are rated over 300 spots higher than some of the ranked teams...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder