Do you think Silsbee can Win the District 21-3a Again This Season??

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No other team in the state of Texas has played WOS closer than Silsbee has. NO ONE. Over the past four years the games have really came down to the last seconds of the game. I can say this we love playing WOS they make you play above your norm. The question was asked "Do you think Silsbee CAN win District 21-3A Again this Season??" If you are a true football fan your answer has to be yes. Yes Silsbee has just as good a chance as WOS to win the district crown. But just go ahead and count Silsbee out this year we don't mind going under the radar. 

What do Silsbee have coming back? From my understanding, they are like we were last year (lost tons of talent) but Kirbyville managed to reload. My question is.....can Silsbee do that?? We will just have to see, i will know if they have the potential when they scrimmage Kirbyville next season. Good luck in 21-3a Tigers :)

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="789085" timestamp="1271054654"]
[b]What do Silsbee have coming back[/b]? From my understanding, they are like we were last year (lost tons of talent) but Kirbyville managed to reload. My question is.....can Silsbee do that?? We will just have to see, i will know if they have the potential when they scrimmage Kirbyville next season. Good luck in 21-3a Tigers :)
[/quote]

Silsbee has 16 returning starters, 8 offensive, 8 defensive. 4 first team, 2 second team all district offensive players, 3 first team, 3 second team all district defensive players.

A quote from a village idiot on another site:

"WO-S should [b]destroy[/b] Silsbee this Fall and retake the 21-3A district championship."

I admit that WOS should be the favorite to take the district title and defeat Silsbee. But to say they should destroy the Tigers shows a great lack of inteligence. ::)

Aggie, (NO ONE) will do that to silsbee.the tigers have one of the best coaching staffs around you have one of the best teams around and i feel sure the people there in orange hate playing  your team it gives the coaching staff gray hairs there in orange

[quote name="the sports guy" post="789163" timestamp="1271086528"]
Everyone from WOS is going to say that WOS will be great, and will take the District with ease.  But deep down everyone has that little voice in their mind saying.....Boy, I hope Silsbee doesnt put it to us again.  

Three teams.....Silsbee, WOS, Bridge City. Its going to be a fun year to watch.  
[/quote]

i dont think silsbee "put it to us" last year.. they won no doubt, but saying they "put it to us" is a little far fetched.

[quote name="venom33" post="789201" timestamp="1271093334"]
[quote author=the sports guy link=topic=67119.msg789163#msg789163 date=1271086528]
Everyone from WOS is going to say that WOS will be great, and will take the District with ease.  But deep down everyone has that little voice in their mind saying.....Boy, I hope Silsbee doesnt put it to us again.  

[/quote]

i dont think silsbee "put it to us" last year.. they won no doubt, but saying they "put it to us" is a little far fetched.
[/quote]

Bottom line....every player, every coach, and every fan remembers a loss.  Any team (who has been on top for so long) gets beat....they can no longer say, "We are unbeatable!"  They can say it, but the fear of it happening again will linger...for a long time.

Every player, every coach, and every fan that follows the team who won against a WOS type of team.....now knows that they can win.  Once you know you can win....Its time to make it happen again!

[quote name="the sports guy" post="789235" timestamp="1271098832"]
[quote author=venom33 link=topic=67119.msg789201#msg789201 date=1271093334]
[quote author=the sports guy link=topic=67119.msg789163#msg789163 date=1271086528]
Everyone from WOS is going to say that WOS will be great, and will take the District with ease.  But deep down everyone has that little voice in their mind saying.....Boy, I hope Silsbee doesnt put it to us again. 

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bottom line....every player, every coach, and every fan remembers a loss.  Any team (who has been on top for so long) gets beat....they can no longer say, "We are unbeatable!"  They can say it, but the fear of it happening again will linger...for a long time.

Every player, every coach, and every fan that follows the team who won against a WOS type of team.....now knows that they can win.  Once you know you can win....Its time to make it happen again!
[/quote]
Good int. Winning is contagious. The first win is always the hardest one. Just ask the Astros right now.

[quote name="robot" post="789588" timestamp="1271171078"]
[b]silsbee will beat WO-S[/b]...with them receivers silsbee got and the whole offensive line back.. Lane, Mcdaniel, Turk, and Rhone are all elite receivers.
[/quote]

i can see where you'd think that because wos has no returning starters, especially any receivers who are d1 prospects.  ::)  ;) ::) ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder