Spurger vs Cayuga predictions

Who wins?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Spurger
    • Cayuga

This is a rematch of the 1A regional semifinal game 2 years ago, when Spurger knocked off Cayuga to go to the regional finals.  2 years ago i was ripped by many posters for picking Cayuga to win that game and they ended up losing.  I stand by my comments that Cayuga was the favorite that year, Spurger just did a great job and pulled off the upset.  I've seen both teams play this year.  I watched a VERY GOOD Martins Mill team play within 10 pts of Cayuga for 3 quarters and Yuga pulled away in the 4th to win by 20 yesterday.  Cayuga is very athletic and very deep and will test Spurger for 32 minutes.  If they can limit the turnovers they can win this game.  I hope everyone from SETX can come watch this game thursday to see Spurger play and to see the team Cayuga has (2 div 1 football players on the team).  Cayuga will probably be the favorite at state and i'm picking them to win, but Spurger can win this game..

Spurgers game starts with being completely unselfish.The have a combination that makes them extremely dangerous, a post player who can come out away from the basket and play ,a very good long ball shooter and a PG that can get them the ball and does.It's unheard of to have 2 D1 atheletes on the same 1-a club but I would'nt bet against the Pirates.Coach Issacs will have them prepared and I'll pik them by 4.

Spurger-66
Yuga-62

This game will come down to which ever club makes the other one play their game.
Spurger does a very good job of this so Im goin with them by 5

The D1 football players is great for a 1a, And congrats to the boys. But do they play at a D1 level in basketball is my (?)

GOOD LUCK PIRATES!!!!! ;D

[quote name="court side" post="772847" timestamp="1267997929"]
This game will come down to which ever club makes the other one play their game.

The D1 football players is great for a 1a, And congrats to the boys. But do they play at a D1 level in basketball is my (?)

[/quote] Court I Hope Yall Can Win This ONE.Watch out for old FIVETOOL. ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="CATMAN" post="772969" timestamp="1268014462"]
[quote author=court side link=topic=66996.msg772847#msg772847 date=1267997929]

[/quote] Court I Hope Yall Can Win This ONE.Watch out for old FIVETOOL. ;D ;D ;D
[/quote] ;D ;D I hope so to. I have people out ever where looking out for him. ;D ;D

Nikes I see you talking up two years ago,I dont think you can fire up these two teams anymore than what they
are going to be.Its the state semi's,if you cant get up for this one you cant get up.We do have Boys on Spurger that played
in that game two years ago.Three was freshmen and two was soph,and I dont think they have forgotten how good
Yuga was or is.They all played or had playing time in that game.
I have been around most of these kids since they where big enough to hold a basketball and can tell you
they will be ready for that 32 min test yuga will bring.

Win or lose our pirates have already won!!!! With the leadership of their coach held up the regional trophy ceremony to pray and thank God!!!!! I am picking Our PIRATE team to win state. Cayuga is just a team that on any given day can and will be beat. Spurger by 4. It will be up to McGallion to keep this team pumped on the court.

GO PIRATES get that trophy!!!!!

[quote name="6thman" post="773072" timestamp="1268025667"]
Win or lose our pirates have already won!!!! With the leadership of their coach held up the regional trophy ceremony to pray and thank God!!!!! I am picking Our PIRATE team to win state. Cayuga is just a team that on any given day can and will be beat. Spurger by 4. It will be up to McGallion to keep this team pumped on the court.

[/quote]That's right 6th man.  It gave me chills to see that!  So proud of our boys and their terrific leader Coach Isaacs!  Go Pirates!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="Sportz-Fanatic" post="772941" timestamp="1268012562"]
Cayuga by 12!
Seen both teams play,
Spurger is good but not on same level as cayuga!
JMO.... :-\
Good luck spurger hope yall prove me wrong!
[/quote]
me too. Cayuga is good but not on same level as Spurger
JMO  ;) Spurger by 12

[quote name="6thman" post="773072" timestamp="1268025667"]

[/quote] I am picking Spurger, doesn't matter by how many, they have the heart and drive to bring home the trophy.  I love those PIRATES!!!!

Phillipians 4:13

On another thread I predicted that the Pirates would be making a second trip to Austin this weekend after winning the regional tournament and it proved to be true. I think that the Pirates are poised to bring home the hardware this weekend. Now only two more games will determine if another prediction will come true, but hey I'm on a roll!

Contrats to Spurger and all the Pirates on the regional victory. Now just keep on taking care of business at least for to more games!

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="773436" timestamp="1268085287"]
On another thread I predicted that the Pirates would be making a second trip to Austin this weekend after winning the regional tournament and it proved to be true. I think that the Pirates are poised to bring home the hardware this weekend. Now only two more games will determine if another prediction will come true, but hey I'm on a roll!

Contrats to Spurger and all the Pirates on the regional victory. Now just keep on taking care of business at least for to more games!
[/quote]I Just want to say thank you and the rest of the guys and gals, men and women of 25a.Me as a dad of one of the players
is happy to see the district teams show love for the team or teams that was or is still playing. I seen the same thing on the girls
forum when the evadale girls was making their run.I know that the boys dont post on here but they do get on here read the different
post.They love the support that they have been shown.I also know that my son has received texts from kids in evadale that he has meet through sports and has made friends with wishing him and his team well. JUST a big Thanks 25a.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn