HJ - 4
Silsbee - 1

HJ Goals
Josh Self (2)
Chris "Chocolate" Brown (2)

Silsbee Goal

Number 16 (Name?)
[/quote]

way to go, hawks!  it was a great 1st half for you guys, 4 really nice goals and solid defense!  i had to leave at the half, so i'm glad i didn't miss much :)

[quote name="tinker21" post="771848" timestamp="1267846070"]
boys PNG 3, Ned 1
girls PNG 3, Ned 1
[/quote]

:o
You know,a friend of mine told me the PNG coach said they had a good chance of beating Nederland.  I told him "No way, Nederland's the best team in this area according to this board".  Man that guys never going to leave me alone about this one.  Good job PNG.
Lets hear it Ned fans; whats up with the doggies?  Boys of course.  I assumed the girls would lose.

PNG can finish the ball! the building pressure finally got to nederland. to me, the games i saw them play in  preseason and first of district they were way better. they just dont seem like the same team. they do have one player that really stands out in my mind... but pngs defense mixed with that keeper was very very good tonight. there wasnt any standout players for png, they just all played hard as one... hope nederland can figure it out..

oh and one more thing i saw... png fans were never quiet.. they just kept on and on.. thats not a bad thing. thats part of the game. even though they were calling out individuals names, it still doesnt matter. i thought it was fine... but what i didnt think was fine, was that after the game i took a shortcut across the field to get to the parking lot and there was a GROWN man. a GROWN man standing by the goal and as all the ned players walked by he was rubbing his eyes saying, "booohooo i just love playing soccer so much.. booooohoooo how will i ever recover?" to every player that walked by.. congrats on the win, yall played great. and have a good team. but win with some class man..

[quote name="CoachL" post="771888" timestamp="1267847829"]
Question is ....where does that leave the district standings at with PNG beating Ned and Central beating HF???
[/quote]

PNG  33 points
Nederland  33 points ---  PNG leads due to tie breaker
Beaumont Central  24 points
H-F 22 points
LCM 20 points

last two games are as follows

March 9Tuesday  H-F  vs LCM
              Beaumont Central vs Nederland

Friday      H-F vs Beaumont Ozen
              LCM vs Nederland
              Beaumont Central vs PNG

It should be interesting -

To wasone03: what do the actions of one fan have to do with the way a team wins or looses. The fan's alleged actions have nothing to do with how well the team played on the field. The team won with class and decidedly so. If you have a beef with an individual then address it with them, don't try to take away from what the team did. Great job Indians! Looks like your in the driver's seat for the district title.

Looks like a rubber match is in order.  They did it with basketball for seeding.  Hopefully soccer is the same. Both teams were controlled on their home field.  Let the boys play on neutral turf and lets see the outcome.  ;)

i didnt say that it had an effect on the outcome.. i am a fan of neither side.. i said it was kinda strange that a GROWN man was standing on the field boohooing the ned players.. the students were never quiet and im sure did have some kind of effect on nederland but thats what fans are for and is completely alright to do. it is part of the game... i thought i made that clear. but i guess not.. you guys won and deserved it. how does a grown man after the game is over effect the outcome?  ???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn