Silsbee Tigers vs. Lufkin Hudson

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="SHSTIGER" post="770138" timestamp="1267652839"]
I believe they're every bit of 6'6". I'm right at 6'2 and those guys are easily 4" taller than me. I'd also say DC is around 6'3-1/2 or so and Prentice is every bit of 6'2 maybe a little over.
[/quote]Just throwing my two cents in, Whittaker in spurger is a legit 6'3" and DC stands a little taller than him.
The twin towers was a good 3 or 3.5 inches taller,and Lane is about the same height.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Boogy1000" post="770119" timestamp="1267650883"]
Neither one of the post for Silsbee are 6"6 or 6"7. Guys get real!! These guys are like 6"5 and 6"4 stretching it! Last big man you had was Eddie Fobbs who was a legit 6"10
[/quote]

Boogy1000, you sure do know a lot of stuff about a lot of things but unless you are the team manager for the Silsbee Tigers BACK OFF!  It really doesn't matter a squat if Jones and Thomas are 6'7 and 6'6 or if they are 6'5 and 6'4.  The point here is [b][u]YOU ARE WRONG[/u][/b] and you have wrong information.  Just slow down and post factual information and you'll be just fine.  The whole membership here doesn't
need to know everything you know in less that 50 posts.

[b][i][color=maroon]I do think Silsbee has learned their lesson from taking a team for granted because of the terrible,unexpected loss to Jasper last year. They will come out focused with a point to prove. ST realizes they should have been in Austin last year                  GO TIGERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="PINETREE" post="770188" timestamp="1267658765"]
[b][i][color=maroon]I do think Silsbee has learned their lesson from taking a team for granted because of the terrible,unexpected loss to Jasper last year. They will come out focused with a point to prove. ST realizes they should have been in Austin last year                  GO TIGERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

If they were to go to austin, they would have made it there. They lost, HJ won. HJ got there, and they had beaten silsbee once before that. Don't go taking credit away and start another silsbee HJ posting battle. I can assure you both Silsbee and HJ are both nervous about meeting up in the Regional Final, but both teams are trying to stay focused on the task at hand. Like it was said before, if you can get this far, it means something........and by the way, the bigs at silsbee are every bit of 6'6" and 6'7" if not more. They are HUGE!!!!!! downside to that is that they are really thin. If they beefed up a bit, I would tremble in fear.......just sayin.........

I am not that impressed with Silsbee's  post players either, especially after watching that big dude that plays for Cleveland.  He's at home, and Silsbee's bigs got at least one more game to play, maybe more.  It's like that sometimes.

Fred Williams coached a few years at Silsbee.  He didn't win a state title there.  As for his son?  I have my doubts.  I always felt Boutte was following the talent.  He's a good coach and all.  When the talent level at Ozen starts heading toward low tide he got out of there in a hurry.  It is hard to make wine out of turnip juice.   I don't care how good a coach you are.

No, I have never seen a Silsbee team win a team state championship.   There is more to life that winning state.   There are lots of good folks in Silsbee.  I am glad I grew up there.  Lot of good Doctors, Lawyers, engineers, (I'm talking about black professionals at that), good sanitation workers, you name it.   If a Silsbee team never wins district again, I am still glad to be from Silsbee.  

Guest ann tagon eyes
[quote name="Kountzer" post="770335" timestamp="1267673479"]
I am not that impressed with Silsbee's  post players either, especially after watching that big dude that plays for Cleveland.  He's at home, and Silsbee's bigs got at least one more game to play, maybe more.  It's like that sometimes.

Fred Williams coached a few years at Silsbee.  He didn't win a state title there.  As for his son?  I have my doubts.  I always felt Boutte was following the talent.  He's a good coach and all.  When the talent level at Ozen starts heading toward low tide he got out of there in a hurry.  It is hard to make wine out of turnip juice.   I don't care how good a coach you are.

No, I have never seen a Silsbee team win a team state championship.   There is more to life that winning state.   There are lots of good folks in Silsbee.  I am glad I grew up there.  Lot of good Doctors, Lawyers, engineers, (I'm talking about black professionals at that), good sanitation workers, you name it.   If a Silsbee team never wins district again, I am still glad to be from Silsbee.  

[/quote]  Odd that you are from Silsbee but call yourself Kountzer.

Guest ann tagon eyes
[quote name="Mr. Jass" post="770350" timestamp="1267674401"]
Off topic,  but, have you heard the joke about how the town of Kountze got its name?
[/quote]

No, but my guess is it has something to do with the descendants of Swag.

[quote name="ann tagon eyes" post="770344" timestamp="1267673918"]
  Odd that you are from Silsbee but call yourself Kountzer.
[/quote]

Trudat.  Years ago I thought of a name that represented my SE Texas roots.  Stuff like 'Silsbee bee' sounded too out of it.   So I put a r on the end of Kountze and I liked it.   When Silsbee brings home a state trophy, (other than the one in track in 1988), in football or basketball then maybe I will change it.  

Don't get it twisted, even if it looks that way.  I luv me some Silsbee.  I've never spent more than a few hours in Kountze.  I lived in Beaumont for awhile, but it still didn't feel like home.  Austin is cool, but I don't plan to move there.  I've lived in Houston for 20 + years.  When people ask me where I am from I tell them Silsbee.  

[quote name="ann tagon eyes" post="770352" timestamp="1267674515"]
[quote author=Mr. Jass link=topic=66747.msg770350#msg770350 date=1267674401]
Off topic,  but, have you heard the joke about how the town of Kountze got its name?
[/quote]

No, but my guess is it has something to do with the descendants of Swag.
[/quote]

No, it involves a bridge worker over Village Creek.

[quote name="Kountzer" post="770354" timestamp="1267674674"]
[quote author=ann tagon eyes link=topic=66747.msg770344#msg770344 date=1267673918]
  Odd that you are from Silsbee but call yourself Kountzer.
[/quote]

Trudat.  Years ago I thought of a name that represented my SE Texas roots.  Stuff like 'Silsbee bee' sounded too out of it.   So I put a r on the end of Kountze and I liked it.   When Silsbee brings home a state trophy, (other than the one in track in 1988), in football or basketball then maybe I will change it.  

Don't get it twisted, even if it looks that way.  I luv me some Silsbee.  I've never spent more than a few hours in Kountze.  I lived in Beaumont for awhile, but it still didn't feel like home.  Austin is cool, but I don't plan to move there.  I've lived in Houston for 20 + years.  When people ask me where I am from I tell them Silsbee.  
[/quote]

Kountzer, it was great getting to meet you the other night over in College Park. Just keep on backing those Tigers!!

Guest airitout123
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="770341" timestamp="1267673753"]
Silsbee was the 1988 Class 4A State Champions in boys track.

[/quote]

I didn't remember us winning this title.  I thought the Brydson girl (can't remember her first name) led us to a state championship in girl's track.  They were coached by Mike Day.

[quote name="airitout123" post="770362" timestamp="1267675405"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=66747.msg770341#msg770341 date=1267673753]
Silsbee was the 1988 Class 4A State Champions in boys track.

[/quote]

I didn't remember us winning this title.  I thought the Brydson girl (can't remember her first name) led us to a state championship in girl's track.  They were coached by Mike Day.
[/quote]

Silsbee won the boys title in 1988 behind the legs of National Track Athlete of the Year Chris Barnes. He won the 100, 200 and was the 3rd leg of the state champion 400 meter relay. Silsbee won the team track title that year by 11 points.

I grew up with the Brydsons.  The girl mentioned was probably in diapers then.

I remember the track championship of 1988.  Chris Barnes is on my friends list on facebook, for what that is worth.

Regarding powerlifting, I shook hands with Mark Henry once, in Austin.  A lot of good athletes, and good people from Silsbee, no doubt about it.

1985 Girls Track State Champions. Sylvia Brydson, there was a Green and a Belinda and a Belisha on that team. Can't remember any others sorry. Miss Bryson was smooth as you could get. I think she tried out for the USA track team. But its been a long time I mite be wrong.

[quote name="Boogy1000" post="770641" timestamp="1267729710"]
So what we are saying is that Silsbee doesnt have a state title in team sports since 1988 besides power lifting?
[/quote]

You said we didn't have any team state titles.

Make up your mind. ::)

You know you're making yourself look foolish with your lack of knowledge regarding Silsbee athletics. ;)

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Mr. Jass" post="770704" timestamp="1267735357"]
Foolishly looking ahead, Silsbee will have their hands full when they face Dallas Madison in the final game.
[/quote]

We've been around for awhile and we're not following you down that yellow brick road.  Silsbee will have their hands full beginning with Hudson and each game thereafter - how ever far that is. :)  We're just proud to be where we are and we'll play them one game at a time, and . . . well, you know the drill. 8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder